Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2021, 04:17 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,967,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roodd279 View Post
99.9% are mild cold symptoms and 99.9% of those will recover.

Yep. And with just 0.1% seriously ill, we have some hospitals periodically overwhelmed, one in ten obituaries are COVID, and nothing is killing more people - day-to-day - than COVID. Last week for a few days, COVID killed more than cancer and heart disease COMBINED.

So - do "percents" all you want - the world works in real numbers, not fractions of percent. And real people are suffering.
And all of those people were how old?
Already in assisted living?
In hospice?
Immunocompromised?
other comorbidities?
Terminally ill?
Had pneumonia and/or the flu?

Let's do a realtime assessment and see how many healthy people under 60 are dropping dead from COVID.

Or we could just live in fear for the next 40 years? your choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2021, 06:04 PM

6,102 posts, read 8,832,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
And all of those people were how old?
Already in assisted living?
In hospice?
Immunocompromised?
other comorbidities?
Terminally ill?
Had pneumonia and/or the flu?

Let's do a realtime assessment and see how many healthy people under 60 are dropping dead from COVID.

Or we could just live in fear for the next 40 years? your choice.
You seem to just go from one extreme to the next. I am not living in fear, I am being smart about my health and those around me. Just because someone wants to wear a mask and get vaccinated does not make them scared. It makes them smart.

I find it disturbing that old people and people with compromised immune systems mean nothing to you. Thats effed up.

Old 01-20-2021, 12:33 PM

10,339 posts, read 6,891,570 times
Wink Well, duhhhhhhhh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
January is probably going to make December look like a walk in the Park. February is probably going to make January look like a walk in the same park. By March, we should see some improvement due to the vaxx. (depending on how many bite the bullet, and actually take the vaxx.)
Here are the COVID-19 infection numbers, for the USA.

From 0 to 1 million cases, it took 292 days
1 million to 2 million cases, took 44 days
2 million to 3 million cases, took 25 days.

Anyone see a trend here? Anyone at all?

These #'s are CDC #'s, so complain to the CDC if you don't agree with 'em.

Old 01-20-2021, 12:58 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,967,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
You seem to just go from one extreme to the next. I am not living in fear, I am being smart about my health and those around me. Just because someone wants to wear a mask and get vaccinated does not make them scared. It makes them smart.

I find it disturbing that old people and people with compromised immune systems mean nothing to you. Thats effed up.
No where have I ever said "old people and people with compromised immune systems mean nothing." Please go find the specific post in the specific thread where I said EXACTLY that.

You seem terrified of facts.

Fact is: elderly, frail people and people who are immunocompromised are MORE LIKELY TO GET SICK AND DIE.

Pretending that isn't a fact? Is BEYOND bizarre.

Why aren't you screeching and screaming at them to STAY HOME and PROTECT THEMSELVES? Don't you care about their health? Don't you know that it is much, much safer for them to control their own environment, instead of depending on hundreds of people around them?

It's like there's a party where you know there are peanuts in every food. Instead of staying home, you bring your toddler who is highly allergic to peanuts and yell at everyone else and the host for the peanuts.

It's YOUR fault if your kid gets really ill. No one else's. You KNEW it could be an issue, and you insisted on bringing him anyway.

take some responsibility for goodness sake.

Old 01-21-2021, 07:24 AM

5,720 posts, read 4,310,851 times
Vulnerable people have the same rights and same needs as you do, and most of them ARE taking precautions. I guess if you were out shooting people at random with a machine gun and people knew someone like you might be out there somewhere it would be their fault for not staying home.

---->>Victim Blamer.

Quote:
No where have I ever said "old people and people with compromised immune systems mean nothing." Please go find the specific post in the specific thread where I said EXACTLY that.

Fact is: elderly, frail people and people who are immunocompromised are MORE LIKELY TO GET SICK AND DIE.

Why aren't you screeching and screaming at them to STAY HOME and PROTECT THEMSELVES? Don't you care about their health? Don't you know that it is much, much safer for them to control their own environment, instead of depending on hundreds of people around them?

It's like there's a party where you know there are peanuts in every food. Instead of staying home, you bring your toddler who is highly allergic to peanuts and yell at everyone else and the host for the peanuts.

It's YOUR fault if your kid gets really ill. No one else's. You KNEW it could be an issue, and you insisted on bringing him anyway.

Old 01-21-2021, 10:07 AM

6,102 posts, read 8,832,451 times
Quote:

You are just ranting at this point. You have nothing constructive to say. All you do is blame the victim.

Old 01-21-2021, 10:20 AM

11,058 posts, read 6,009,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalewskimm View Post
Big Pharma controls government and your mind, if you think vaccines are safe. You cannot sue vaccine manufacturers. So pretty nice gig huh? Scare people unnecessarily into taking a dangerous vaccine with no liability. Think people, think.
Can you provide your source of information? Evidence? You cannot tell us to think about it without giving us actual, factual information to think about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalewskimm View Post
Thank you for the above. People would rather trust Big Pharma. Why I have no idea. 99.9% are mild cold symptoms and 99.9% of those will recover. Jeez people, do your homework.
Tell that to my deceased family members and friends. True, most of them recovered or are recovering but not all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness