Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2021, 10:24 PM

10,309 posts, read 6,842,111 times

Advertisements

Don't forget vitamin D3 also....

Old 01-01-2021, 10:45 PM

4,004 posts, read 2,082,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Exposure does not guarantee infection. Lack of a positive test does not mean you were not exposed, only that you did not get infected. Measles is many times more infectious than SARS-CoV-2, and not even every susceptible person exposed to it will catch it, though the odds are very high.
They are testing us for the vaccine and also the antibody. I was non-reactive for both, as I stated. I was vaccinated for the measles, and also had the measles afterwards.

This is older, but adds fuel for thought in regard to micro-RNA:

https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_relea...-ioa092012.php

Old 01-02-2021, 01:33 AM

37,105 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
They are testing us for the vaccine and also the antibody. I was non-reactive for both, as I stated. I was vaccinated for the measles, and also had the measles afterwards.

This is older, but adds fuel for thought in regard to micro-RNA:
How old are you? Did you get one dose of the measles vaccine or two?

It really does not sound as if micro-RNA will have anything to do with the vaccine. What do you think it might do?

Old 01-02-2021, 05:41 AM

18,548 posts, read 15,586,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
I just got done wading through this interesting article on the Covid-19 RNA vaccines. I won't enter the discussion further since most of this is over my head. But I was able to grasp some important parts, and thought others might also find it of interest. If this belongs in another thread, or has already been posted please feel free to move it elsewhere.

https://sciencewithdrdoug.com/2020/1...MWiicTj3bNwIDM
Why worry about it now? You've probably been eating GM foods your whole life with human-altered DNA and RNA.

Naturally occurring microbes on your skin and in your mouth have DNA and RNA.

Mosquito bites inject DNA and RNA.

Do you fell genetically altered yet?

Old 01-02-2021, 05:58 AM

8,226 posts, read 3,422,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
Why worry about it now? You've probably been eating GM foods your whole life with human-altered DNA and RNA.

Naturally occurring microbes on your skin and in your mouth have DNA and RNA.

Mosquito bites inject DNA and RNA.

Do you fell genetically altered yet?
With these vaccines, genetically modified RNA or DNA are forced into your cells. This is new and experimental, and no one can predict possible longterm damage.

Old 01-02-2021, 07:15 AM

Quote:
How old are you? Did you get one dose of the measles vaccine or two?
What difference would it make? The point is I developed permanent immunity because I had the illness and made the antibodies that natural way mankind has done forever.

Quote:
It really does not sound as if micro-RNA will have anything to do with the vaccine. What do you think it might do?
Im quite certain micro-RNA is not part of the vaccine. But, I dont know why you would say it doesnt sound like it will have anything to do with the vaccine? Im not sure its possible for mRNA to avoid miRNA, lol. An miRNA is a molecule you have in each cell in your body. MiRNA interacts with mRNA.

MiRNA functions in RNA silencing and post-transcriptional regulation of gene expression. Many miRNAs are evolutionarily conserved, which implies that they have important biological functions.

The paper, "Aberrantly Elevated miR-34a in Obesity Attenuates Hepatic Responses to FGF19 by Targeting a Membrane Co-Receptor β-Klotho," is available online and from the U. of I. News Bureau. If you read it, it wasnt a good thing because of the co-receptor it targeted.

As mRNA relates to how the new vaccines will function in our bodies, "gumming up a protein receptor" sounds like a good thing if it targets the novel coronavirus protein.

To answer your short and sweet question, I have no idea what it might do over the long haul, and neither does anyone else. We all hope that it as least accomplishes the goal of preventing the virus for those that are eager to take the vaccine.

Last edited by ComeCloser; 01-02-2021 at 07:37 AM..

Old 01-02-2021, 07:20 AM

4,022 posts, read 1,877,686 times
I can predict the guaranteed short-term damage of you NOT taking it: A global financial depression, centered around the USA.
At our current rate of infection - which will slow down as more folks get it - 200K a day or so, right now - we're about 5 years or more away from it just "fading away" here (USA).

I am not anti-restrictions - but since the USA depends on international commerce to function - and those other nations are indeed getting vaccinated - we will too. But only if you want anything left of our commercial enterprises when this is over.

There is nothing BUT speculation on vaccine damage. The financial damage is right in front of you. You need to decide if your own POTENTIAL personal suffering today from the vaccine is worth the certain suffering you're putting on your kids, grandkids, etc. And if you simply still won't get it - then please just go get infected, and in that way, you'll still count against the herd.

If your plan is to wait it out - then you MUST consider that you are NOT SPECIAL - and if YOU wait it out - then the other 250 million people should ALSO wait it out - which means no tourism for 5 more years, and statistically, another million deaths. ONE MILLION. And all 1 million will be because of a POTENTIAL THEORETICAL risk that you - personally - think is worse than killing one million people.

Put it in some perspective and take one for the team. Anything less is pure selfishness. This is not about you. It's about everyone else - all 7 billion. If this vaccine turns me into a zombie - I'm OK with that. I am not OK watching any more people I know suffer and die.

I know, I know - I hear you saying, "But what if the vaccine kills 300M people?"

That's a chance we're gonna have to take. There's zero evidence that will happen, while there's plenty of evidence it will save millions of other lives.

Old 01-02-2021, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roodd279 View Post
I can predict the guaranteed short-term damage of you NOT taking it: A global financial depression, centered around the USA.
At our current rate of infection - which will slow down as more folks get it - 200K a day or so, right now - we're about 5 years or more away from it just "fading away" here (USA).

I am not anti-restrictions - but since the USA depends on international commerce to function - and those other nations are indeed getting vaccinated - we will too. But only if you want anything left of our commercial enterprises when this is over.

There is nothing BUT speculation on vaccine damage. The financial damage is right in front of you. You need to decide if your own POTENTIAL personal suffering today from the vaccine is worth the certain suffering you're putting on your kids, grandkids, etc. And if you simply still won't get it - then please just go get infected, and in that way, you'll still count against the herd.

If your plan is to wait it out - then you MUST consider that you are NOT SPECIAL - and if YOU wait it out - then the other 250 million people should ALSO wait it out - which means no tourism for 5 more years, and statistically, another million deaths. ONE MILLION. And all 1 million will be because of a POTENTIAL THEORETICAL risk that you - personally - think is worse than killing one million people.

Put it in some perspective and take one for the team. Anything less is pure selfishness. This is not about you. It's about everyone else - all 7 billion. If this vaccine turns me into a zombie - I'm OK with that. I am not OK watching any more people I know suffer and die.

I know, I know - I hear you saying, "But what if the vaccine kills 300M people?"

That's a chance we're gonna have to take. There's zero evidence that will happen, while there's plenty of evidence it will save millions of other lives.
Well you can go in line when its available if you believe its a chance YOU have to take. Im not jumping on your "doom and gloom" bandwagon. I dont have an issue with supplementing Vitamin D, limiting sugars and staying away from High Glucose Corn Syrup, and increasing my physical activity. I have metabolic issues that leave me not reacting well to many vaccines and most medications - especially if they are time-released.

Dr. John Iaonnidis thinks we are doing the wrong thing with shutdowns, and I think he is brilliant. He feels that shutdowns are hurting the USA, and they are akin to cutting off your arm because you have some joint pain in your hand. Draconic measures that we dont need to keep repeating. I agree with him.

All this sterilizing and masking isnt all that great for us either. Viruses want to move around amongst us. They dont want to kill us, that would be majorly counter-productive for any virus. We could actually be causing the variants to form faster because of all this 'prevention'.

Old 01-02-2021, 07:54 AM

1,465 posts, read 1,083,846 times
One learns very quickly that medicine offers no guarantees. Treatment is taken and offered in light of best and most current knowledge. Always the choice of the individual to take what's offered...or not. Deciding not to take something may pose further restrictions, but again, individual choice!

Old 01-02-2021, 08:26 AM

8,226 posts, read 3,422,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
What difference would it make? The point is I developed permanent immunity because I had the illness and made the antibodies that natural way mankind has done forever.

Im quite certain micro-RNA is not part of the vaccine. But, I dont know why you would say it doesnt sound like it will have anything to do with the vaccine? Im not sure its possible for mRNA to avoid miRNA, lol. An miRNA is a molecule you have in each cell in your body. MiRNA interacts with mRNA.

MiRNA functions in RNA silencing and post-transcriptional regulation of gene expression. Many miRNAs are evolutionarily conserved, which implies that they have important biological functions.

The paper, "Aberrantly Elevated miR-34a in Obesity Attenuates Hepatic Responses to FGF19 by Targeting a Membrane Co-Receptor β-Klotho," is available online and from the U. of I. News Bureau. If you read it, it wasnt a good thing because of the co-receptor it targeted.

As mRNA relates to how the new vaccines will function in our bodies, "gumming up a protein receptor" sounds like a good thing if it targets the novel coronavirus protein.

To answer your short and sweet question, I have no idea what it might do over the long haul, and neither does anyone else. We all hope that it as least accomplishes the goal of preventing the virus for those that are eager to take the vaccine.
Most of what goes on in cells is poorly understood. The scientists who create these vaccines might assume they know exactly what they are doing, but they really do not.

Since possible longterm side effects are completely unknown (and the vaccine makers admit this), it seems very reckless to give these vaccines to hundreds of millions of healthy people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness