Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2021, 07:06 PM

4,173 posts, read 2,570,349 times

Advertisements

I just got done wading through this interesting article on the Covid-19 RNA vaccines. I won't enter the discussion further since most of this is over my head. But I was able to grasp some important parts, and thought others might also find it of interest. If this belongs in another thread, or has already been posted please feel free to move it elsewhere.

https://sciencewithdrdoug.com/2020/1...MWiicTj3bNwIDM

Last edited by mlulu23; 01-01-2021 at 07:31 PM..

Old 01-01-2021, 07:17 PM

8,227 posts, read 3,419,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
I just got through wading through this interesting article on the Covid-19 RNA vaccines. I won't enter the discussion further since most of this is over my head. But I was able to grasp some important parts, and thought others might also find it of interest. If this belongs in another thread, or has already been posted please feel free to move it elsewhere.

The mainstream medical authorities deny that it's possible, but that article says it is possible. Probably no one knows yet.

What is more worrisome is that the new AstraZeneca vaccine is a DNA vaccine. So that is probably more likely than mRNA vaccines to cause permanent changes in cells or in their DNA. What would prevent your cells from continuing to make the spike proteins indefinitely?

I have not been able to find anything from the medical authorities that addresses this obviously important question.

Old 01-01-2021, 07:26 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,741,456 times
Who can truly know, long term and even short term. It's all so new and so rushed, this is my non scientific humble opinion and I know what I will be doing.

Old 01-01-2021, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
The mainstream medical authorities deny that it's possible, but that article says it is possible. Probably no one knows yet.

What is more worrisome is that the new AstraZeneca vaccine is a DNA vaccine. So that is probably more likely than mRNA vaccines to cause permanent changes in cells or in their DNA. What would prevent your cells from continuing to make the spike proteins indefinitely?

I have not been able to find anything from the medical authorities that addresses this obviously important question.
Yes, as soon as I saw that it was an RNA vaccine the red flag went off. And they also have a DNA vaccine? I don't get a very good feeling about these. I am taking a wait, and see attitude, unless they force it on everybody. I sure hope not.

Old 01-01-2021, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Who can truly know, long term and even short term. It's all so new and so rushed, this is my non scientific humble opinion and I know what I will be doing.
It's the rushed part that is worrisome. The article believes that these should be tested for at least 5-10 yrs, not for only one yr.

Old 01-01-2021, 07:30 PM

648 posts, read 431,556 times
Will be all become a GMO? Sounds like it.

Old 01-01-2021, 07:41 PM

8,227 posts, read 3,419,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocoilslick View Post
Maybe. And I'm afraid the DNA vaccine will be the one they force on us, since it's cheaper and easier to store and transport (no ultra cold storage needed).

I have written to 2 microbiologists so far, didn't get an answer yet. I will post if I get answers.

What I find strange is there are so many people who are worried about genetically modified food, but no one seems to care that these DNA vaccines are genetically modified viruses. It's worse than eating GMO food, because these vaccines are injected into your cells.

With mRNA vaccines, the mRNA does not enter the nucleus. With DNA vaccines, the injected DNA does enter the nucleus. I don't know yet if it can become integrated into your DNA. But even if it doesn't, it still stays there in the nucleus of your cells, causing the cell to continue making spike proteins. That sounds very dangerous to me.

Old 01-01-2021, 09:35 PM

4,005 posts, read 2,081,502 times
Quote:
Maybe. And I'm afraid the DNA vaccine will be the one they force on us, since it's cheaper and easier to store and transport (no ultra cold storage needed).

I have written to 2 microbiologists so far, didn't get an answer yet. I will post if I get answers.

What I find strange is there are so many people who are worried about genetically modified food, but no one seems to care that these DNA vaccines are genetically modified viruses. It's worse than eating GMO food, because these vaccines are injected into your cells.

With mRNA vaccines, the mRNA does not enter the nucleus. With DNA vaccines, the injected DNA does enter the nucleus. I don't know yet if it can become integrated into your DNA. But even if it doesn't, it still stays there in the nucleus of your cells, causing the cell to continue making spike proteins. That sounds very dangerous to me.
Response = Opinion

People are scared. I saw a lady in Florida on TV, and she was so frightened of COVID, she was waiting in line on the street for any vaccine anyone wants to give her.

If you look at our mainstream Supermarket shelves, can you really say the majority of people are worried about GMO foods?

I dont think anyone will be holding anyone down and forcing a vaccine on anyone. No one has mandated any of the vaccines yet, so at least to this point, no one is forcing anything on anyone.

China is the only country producing a traditional vaccine for COVID. I wonder if the more 'traditional' types will get an opportunity to chose that one.

You seem to like the idea of mRNA better, and make claims about it that no one else is making. Why do you think the encoding to produce a protein spike is safer? Its the first time these untraditional vaccinations are being released to the public. no matter how rigorously they have been tested under controlled conditions, they are starting their real test right now as people line up to be vaccinated.

I think they could be a true medical breakthrough if they prove to be safe (at least this is what their creators are saying), but the data wont be available for some time that proves them to be safe.

Meanwhile, studies are showing Vitamin D to be effective at preventing COVID, although Vitamin D can be lowered by High Fructose Corn Syrup, as other studies are showing HFCS to deactivate Vitamin D.

Oxidative stress may play a key role in the severity of COVID-19 infection. A variety of studies have demonstrated how high sugar intake (and fructose in particular - such as high fructose corn syrup) contributes not only to oxidative stress but to the inactivation of a usable form of vitamin D as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4zfWkvbBaw

I think it is probably true, because I am a first responder/essential worker who has had coworkers all around me get COVID, and my tests are non-reactive, which would indicate that I havent been exposed - although I have been exposed to my coworkers and the same environment they were exposed to prior to their becoming ill and testing positive for both the virus, and later the antibody. I supplement Vitamin D, limit sugars, and never eat products using HFCS.

What do you think?

Old 01-01-2021, 09:49 PM

I remember reading years ago about how any form of processed sugar lowered the immune system for hours. It probably ties in with the corn syrup comment. I don't however remember the process by which the immune system is lowered though. Interesting correlation with Vitamin D.

Old 01-01-2021, 10:22 PM

37,112 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
I just got done wading through this interesting article on the Covid-19 RNA vaccines. I won't enter the discussion further since most of this is over my head. But I was able to grasp some important parts, and thought others might also find it of interest. If this belongs in another thread, or has already been posted please feel free to move it elsewhere.

He does fine until he goes off into the weeds about infecting stem cells. The vaccine is taken up into muscle cells near the site of injection. RNA vaccines are indeed never admitted inside the nucleus. They are transcribed once to make the spike program, which is displayed on the muscle cell, then destroyed very quickly. Once and done. After the immune system recognizes the spikes on the muscle cell and makes antibodies that cell is also destroyed.

As to reverse transcription, the consensus of the virologists appears to be that it is unlikely:

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020...what-does-mean

"David Baltimore, a virologist at the California Institute of Technology who won the Nobel Prize for his role in discovering RT [reverse transcriptase], describes the new work as 'impressive; and the findings as 'unexpected' but he notes that Jaenisch and colleagues only show that fragments of SARS-CoV-2’s genome integrate. 'Because it is all pieces of the coronaviral genome, it can’t lead to infectious RNA or DNA and therefore it is probably biologically a dead end,' Baltimore says. 'It is also not clear if, in people, the cells that harbor the reverse transcripts stay around for a long time or they die. The work raises a lot of interesting questions.'”

Quote:

The DNA vaccine is also one and done. The adenovirus carrying the coronavirus genes cannot replicate. Once it tells the cell to make and display the spike proteins and the immune system makes antibodies to the spikes the cell with the spikes is destroyed as is the DNA from the vaccine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocoilslick View Post
No permanent changes in the host cell's DNA are made.

Quote:

The immune cells make antibodies that destroy the host cell displaying the spikes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
I think it is probably true, because I am a first responder/essential worker who has had coworkers all around me get COVID, and my tests are non-reactive, which would indicate that I havent been exposed - although I have been exposed to my coworkers and the same environment they were exposed to prior to their becoming ill and testing positive for both the virus, and later the antibody. I supplement Vitamin D, limit sugars, and never eat products using HFCS.

What do you think?
Exposure does not guarantee infection. Lack of a positive test does not mean you were not exposed, only that you did not get infected. Measles is many times more infectious than SARS-CoV-2, and not even every susceptible person exposed to it will catch it, though the odds are very high.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness