Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2021, 06:17 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,956,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
One healthcare worker who had a seizure. One doctor who died.

In the US, 375,000 COVID-19 deaths.

The benefit to risk ratio of the vaccine leans heavily toward the vaccine.
That's your opinion. Not mine. The risks severely outweigh the benefits.

And one of the risks is that they do not know all the risks.

Please post links to 10-year followup studies to show how safe they are -- one for each of the vaccines, so I can be well informed. I'll gladly read each article.

Old 01-11-2021, 06:23 PM

37,121 posts, read 41,309,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post

Please post links to 10-year followup studies to show how safe they are -- one for each of the vaccines, so I can be well informed. I'll gladly read each article.
My opinion is based on the demonstrated risks of the disease and the low number of severe adverse reactions to the vaccine.

There will not be ten year data until ten years have past. There is no evidence that there will be any more severe adverse effects from the new vaccines than there are from existing vaccines. Meanwhile, over 3,000 people are dying in the US every day from COVID-19.

Old 01-11-2021, 06:29 PM

Quote:
My opinion is based on the demonstrated risks of the disease and the low number of severe adverse reactions to the vaccine.

There will not be ten year data until ten years have past. There is no evidence that there will be any more severe adverse effects from the new vaccines than there are from existing vaccines. Meanwhile, over 3,000 people are dying in the US every day from COVID-19.
Exactly. There is no long-term safety data on the vaccines, so the risks do not outweigh the benefits.

What are the ages and the comorbidities of all who died today? Please list all so I can be fully informed of their full medical status. I need that information.

Like I said, 99% survival IF I even get the illness. If I don't get the illness? I'm looking at 100% survival rate. Versus getting killed by the vaccine or getting a neurological disorder. It's not even a tough choice, pretty simple actually.

My opinion of course.

Don't forget to copy/paste all those links on the demos of the COVID deaths today so I can review and be informed. It's important to know how/when people died so that you get the full picture of who COVID is affecting so everyone can make an informed choice based on information and not propaganda.

Old 01-11-2021, 06:32 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,773,199 times
Quote:

So so much unknown but IF they feel good about getting the arm jabs, let em I say....issues could turn up in way less than 10 yrs.

One's own natural immune system is answer as I see it.

Old 01-11-2021, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Exactly. There is no long-term safety data on the vaccines, so the risks do not outweigh the benefits.

What are the ages and the comorbidities of all who died today? Please list all so I can be fully informed of their full medical status. I need that information.

Like I said, 99% survival IF I even get the illness. If I don't get the illness? I'm looking at 100% survival rate. Versus getting killed by the vaccine or getting a neurological disorder. It's not even a tough choice, pretty simple actually.

My opinion of course.

Don't forget to copy/paste all those links on the demos of the COVID deaths today so I can review and be informed. It's important to know how/when people died so that you get the full picture of who COVID is affecting so everyone can make an informed choice based on information and not propaganda.
Absence of ten year data does not mean the risks of the vaccines exceed the benefits.

You do not know whether you will be one of the 99% who survive or one of the 1% who die, no matter whether you have comorbidities or not. There is no way to know in advance. Also, not all of the 99% who survive are getting well. Many of them have lingering symptoms and heart and lung damage is being found in survivors, even some who had no symptoms. Some have lingering neurological problems, too, not to mention those who have permanent neurological damage from strokes due to the virus.

Worrying about a vaccine with one reported death versus a disease with hundreds of thousands of deaths is really weird risk analysis.

Old 01-11-2021, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Absence of ten year data does not mean the risks of the vaccines exceed the benefits..
I have a different opinion. I am 99% survival IF I get it, and 100% survival if I don't. That's good enough for me. And those ARE the statistics per the numbers from the CDC.

I'm not risking any neurological side effects or death from the vaccine. It's not a benefit. That's my opinion. For me. Why does the fact that I have my own opinion for my own health bother you so much? Let it go.

Old 01-11-2021, 06:49 PM

Quote:
I have a different opinion. I am 99% survival IF I get it, and 100% survival if I don't. That's good enough for me. And those ARE the statistics per the numbers from the CDC.

I'm not risking any neurological side effects or death from the vaccine. It's not a benefit. That's my opinion. For me. Why does the fact that I have my own opinion for my own health bother you so much? Let it go.
No one has "99% survival" from anything. It is either 100% or 0%: survive or not survive. You hope you will be one of the survivors. The odds are you will, but there is no guarantee. People with no risk factors have died from it.

Your choice is your choice. It is fine for you to be willing to do that. However, to think a vaccine with one reported death is riskier than a disease with 375,000 is still weird risk analysis. Just pointing that out to other readers.

Old 01-11-2021, 07:18 PM

Quote:
No one has "99% survival" from anything. People with no risk factors have died from it.
That's what the CDC says. Do you think the CDC is wrong? Maybe send them a letter.

What is the percent of people with no risk factors who have died from COVID out of the total percent of people who have died with COVID?

In other words, how many people with COVID who had zero risk factors have died, and what is that percent of the total who have COVID?

And what is the percent people with COVID who had zero risk factors have died out of the total US population ... say people who have no risk factors who get COVID and then die directly from COVID? What do those numbers show?

Your posts are your opinions. I'm giving you CDC numbers and asking for links to peer reviewed since and other CDC numbers. And you're not providing them. You're just repeating again and again that you somehow know better then me what is right for me.

What does it matter SO MUCH to you what I do? That you need to respond to every. single. post?

Vaccine risks do not outweigh the benefits. That's my opinion.

Old 01-11-2021, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
So so much unknown but IF they feel good about getting the arm jabs, let em I say....issues could turn up in way less than 10 yrs.

One's own natural immune system is answer as I see it.
Exactly.

We don't even know what we don't know. And many, many healthcare workers do not want the vaccine either.

So either 30-40% of healthcare workers are "idiots" .. nurses and doctors included ... or they are "smart" and know to be cautious of very rushed vaccines that aren't even FDA approved yet.

I know what I think.

Old 01-11-2021, 07:36 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,867,481 times
Quote:

Vaccine risks do not outweigh the benefits. That's my opinion.
Your "opinion" is wrong. Risk can be quantified. Even if that doctor died from the vaccine (not known yet), that is 1 out of 9 million in the US so far. You have a 90,000 times higher chance of dying of COVID-19 than getting a vaccine against it, given your stated survival rate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness