Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2007, 06:25 PM

1,394 posts, read 4,170,604 times

Advertisements

[color="Blue"][b]OK I am still smoke free and 4 and a half hours from starting a new week!!!!!!!
Just thought I would check in and see if Fuzzymystic or anyone was on.
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]I am just bored trying to kill some time, and take my mind off of you know what.
[color="DarkOrchid"]If you are all ready to quit let me know when so I can give you some support.
Did you get your point then Fuzzy? I will check back in later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2007, 10:18 PM

Just thought I would check in before bedtime, I am still smoke free, in about 45 minutes I will be starting a new week.
How is everyone else doing? I hope this nite time craving goes away soon. I don't really want one, I think it is just more out of habit.
It will be interesting to see how some of you others do once you decide to quit the habit. That is going to be the toughest thing you will have to do in your life. I know you can do it!!!! I know if I can, then you should be able to also quit!!!!! Time to get tough, and lets roll, we got the new year starting here, and all we need is a few more takers, so lets try and help clean up your act, smell great, feel great, and live a longer life!!!!! If I can do it anyone can do it!!!! You need a little will power to get started, just let me know when you are ready, I will be right here cheering you all the way!!!!!

Old 01-10-2007, 05:40 AM

1,093 posts, read 3,794,981 times
Everyone that has quit (or even TRIED to quit) is doing awesome!!! I am so happy for us!
Ya know, peer pressure this way, is awesome..lol
ALL THE COOL KIDS ARE DOIN IT!! c'mon!

Old 01-10-2007, 10:44 AM

Thumbs up I am still holding in there!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poprocksncoke View Post
Everyone that has quit (or even TRIED to quit) is doing awesome!!! I am so happy for us!
Ya know, peer pressure this way, is awesome..lol
ALL THE COOL KIDS ARE DOIN IT!! c'mon!
I agree!!!! I am still smoke free, went out for breakfast to celebrate, it sure tasted good!!!!
It does get so much eaiser the more days you go with out. Once you get to a week, I am counting already on week #2 and can't wait until I get to the end of that week, by the time this month is done, I will have made it 29 days with out smoking.

The best part is: My birthday is next month, and it has been a very long time since I could say that I have been smoke free on my birthday. It makes me feel so good, to be able to make it past my birthday, and then keep going on from there. OOOOHHHHH IT FEELS SO GOOD!!! I can wait until the weather warms up enough to go for a nice brisk walk.
I always remembered the wonderful smell of downey, when my mother washed clothes, I could smeel the downey, for days on my bed and pillows. I haven't smelt that great smeel in such a long time, I know that I can smell it right after doing the laundry, but how I urn to smell the fresh smell of downey again, so heavenly, when you crawl into a nice fresh Downey bed. AHHHHH.

Well just to keep you informed on how I am doing, and what thoughts I have in my mind, might help you get started on thinking about giving up smoking for something you can remember in the past. I could go on and on, but boy I sure miss some of those great smells. Take care all, I will check back in later.

Old 01-10-2007, 06:45 PM

QUOTE=Yorkie_Mom;265161]I agree!!!! I am still smoke free, went out for breakfast to celebrate, it sure tasted good!!!!
It does get so much eaiser the more days you go with out. Once you get to a week, I am counting already on week #2 and can't wait until I get to the end of that week, by the time this month is done, I will have made it 29 days with out smoking.

The best part is: My birthday is next month, and it has been a very long time since I could say that I have been smoke free on my birthday. It makes me feel so good, to be able to make it past my birthday, and then keep going on from there. OOOOHHHHH IT FEELS SO GOOD!!! I can wait until the weather warms up enough to go for a nice brisk walk.
I always remembered the wonderful smell of downey, when my mother washed clothes, I could smeel the downey, for days on my bed and pillows. I haven't smelt that great smeel in such a long time, I know that I can smell it right after doing the laundry, but how I urn to smell the fresh smell of downey again, so heavenly, when you crawl into a nice fresh Downey bed. AHHHHH.

Well just to keep you informed on how I am doing, and what thoughts I have in my mind, might help you get started on thinking about giving up smoking for something you can remember in the past. I could go on and on, but boy I sure miss some of those great smells. Take care all, I will check back in later.
[/quote]

Just wanted to keep this thread on the front page to help get others to maybe think of quitting, good luck to anyone who has quit or is thinking about quitting.

Old 01-11-2007, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkie_Mom View Post
I agree!!!! I am still smoke free, went out for breakfast to celebrate, it sure tasted good!!!!

Ohhh.. that is the BEST smell EVER!!! My place is smelling all pretty now I got a different scented oil candle thing and put one in each room... AHHH smells like the Yankee Candle Store!

Old 01-11-2007, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poprocksncoke View Post
Ohhh.. that is the BEST smell EVER!!! My place is smelling all pretty now I got a different scented oil candle thing and put one in each room... AHHH smells like the Yankee Candle Store!
I need to run to the store, and find me some goodies, want to get my house smelling ohhh so pretty to.
Was going to go yesterday, but ran out of time, so today works for me, and yes I am still smoke free!!!!!!

Old 01-11-2007, 05:55 PM

Well I made it to the store, I have got pretty smelling things for my car, house, and also more vinegar, so I can wipe down my walls.
I got a good deal on air fresheners, for the house and car, they only cost a buck a piece, what a deal. It will be so nice to get this house smelling so clean and fresh. I also stocked up, so I am good to go for a while.
Now if any of you are ready to come and help me with walls and such...... it would be great, I guess tomorrow will be a good time to get started. I know I will not be going back to smoking, because after having to get my house cleaned and smelling nice, well lets just say it is to much work, from now on smokers outside please. Take care, I will check in later.

Old 01-11-2007, 06:00 PM

4,781 posts, read 2,082,641 times
Congratulations to all who are trying to stop smoking!!!
Very hard thing to do!!

Old 01-12-2007, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkie_Mom View Post
Well I made it to the store, I have got pretty smelling things for my car, house, and also more vinegar, so I can wipe down my walls.
I got a good deal on air fresheners, for the house and car, they only cost a buck a piece, what a deal. It will be so nice to get this house smelling so clean and fresh. I also stocked up, so I am good to go for a while.
Now if any of you are ready to come and help me with walls and such...... it would be great, I guess tomorrow will be a good time to get started. I know I will not be going back to smoking, because after having to get my house cleaned and smelling nice, well lets just say it is to much work, from now on smokers outside please. Take care, I will check in later.
Amen Sista! Amen!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness