Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2021, 01:30 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,404,215 times

Advertisements

For those of us awaiting a call back from a waiting list for the Covid-19 vaccine, Answer Your Phone!

In this day and age, its a common practice not to answer the phone if its an unknown number or classified as Spam. We all do it. We think if its important they will leave a message, otherwise don't bother.

Well, you never know when it might be a call about your Covid-19 vaccine I suppose we might think it would say something like Dept of Health, or -----Pharmacy, but don't be so sure. I answered a call flagged as Spam Risk, it was a local hospital calling to say I had been put on their waiting list!

A friend (who lives in another state) took my advice and answered a call from a number she didn't recognize. They were calling to issue her mother a time for her vaccine.

Many times a separate, dedicated number is being used to avoid overuse of main hospital, pharmacy, provider numbers. I also read that they will make three attempts to contact, then move on to the next on the list. They will typically NOT leave a message due to HIPPA restrictions.

So, folks, keep your phone with you at all times, and answer any and all calls. Typically you will answer a lot of junk calls, and your number mayl get placed on a lot of "sucker" lists, but, we can deal with that later.

So, folks, Answer All Calls!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2021, 02:51 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,576 posts, read 81,167,557 times
That may be true for places that do scheduling by phone, but that's not done here. Of all the places we applied to for the vaccine, none were to call back. When we finally found a vacant time online we gave our information on the web site and were locked in, got the first shots Monday, and while there scheduled the 2nd. Never did they call us. I suppose this could be a problem for those that have no internet access or are computer illiterate.

Old 01-27-2021, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
That may be true for places that do scheduling by phone, but that's not done here. Of all the places we applied to for the vaccine, none were to call back. When we finally found a vacant time online we gave our information on the web site and were locked in, got the first shots Monday, and while there scheduled the 2nd. Never did they call us. I suppose this could be a problem for those that have no internet access or are computer illiterate.
Might as well cover all bases!

Old 01-27-2021, 07:40 PM

26,654 posts, read 28,677,767 times
It's a good idea that many wouldn't have thought of!

Where I live the appointments have to be booked online mostly. But they're starting to give out phone numbers for people to call too. This is for the over age 75. Seems that computer use drops off around age 85 (just guessing) for a variety of reasons--never learned how, cannot afford, vision problems so can't see well enough, etc.

If you're waiting for that phone call, don't forget to answer the phone.

Old 01-31-2021, 10:57 AM

5,424 posts, read 3,490,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
If you're waiting for that phone call, don't forget to answer the phone.
A few weeks ago I was waiting for a call and answered an unknown number. It was someone trying to sell me an extended warranty for my car. I believe they "sold" my number to other marketers since the number of spam calls I started to receive greatly increased after this. I am now also getting spam texts.

Old 01-31-2021, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
A few weeks ago I was waiting for a call and answered an unknown number. It was someone trying to sell me an extended warranty for my car. I believe they "sold" my number to other marketers since the number of spam calls I started to receive greatly increased after this. I am now also getting spam texts.
Like I said, its something we would have to deal with later, but, IMO, worth the inconvenience to avoid missing the vaccine call!

Old 02-01-2021, 12:59 AM

6 posts, read 3,791 times
Yeah it's always better to pick up the phone. You never know! If it's spam, just hang up, but at least you know for sure.

Old 02-01-2021, 01:32 AM

61,706 posts, read 87,101,195 times
Knowing that most people would not pick-up the phone, I sure hope they are leaving a message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness