Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2021, 05:12 PM

5,954 posts, read 3,706,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
C and Zinc are inconclusive with colds and flu. Zinc lozenge is supposed to help by inhibiting virus in the throat. Covid doesn't always affect the throat.

Zinc for colds

Don't waste time on ivermectin or hydroxychloroquine. Frontlinedocs is a fake group of urgent care clinic operators who hope to profit off the disease.
How are they going to profit by someone purchasing ivermectin at a price that's similar to a bottle of cough syrup, especially since they have no patents or anything on the ivermectin???? Need some details, please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2021, 05:17 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,562,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
How are they going to profit by someone purchasing ivermectin at a price that's similar to a bottle of cough syrup, especially since they have no patents or anything on the ivermectin???? Need some details, please.
They're marketing it as preventative treatment. In order to get a prescription, you have to pay for doctor consultation. You get a thirty or ninety day supply. You have to go in at least every 3 months. That's 500 to 1000 dollars a year for each person who can get a $10 vaccination elsewhere. That's not counting the kickbacks from the drug companies for hydroxychloroquine or ivermectine. These companies were providing free supplies of the drug to promote them. Everyone is trying to vaccinated, that's worth billions if this approach was taken for just 10 percent of the population.

Old 02-14-2021, 05:20 PM

3,121 posts, read 2,063,214 times
The question for the study was to find out if zinc and C reduced the duration of symptoms.

"Do high-dose zinc, high-dose ascorbic acid, and/or a combination of the 2 reduce the duration of symptoms of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2)?"

The results:

"Patients who received usual care without supplementation achieved a 50% reduction in symptoms at a mean (SD) of 6.7 (4.4) days compared with 5.5 (3.7) days for the ascorbic acid group, 5.9 (4.9) days for the zinc gluconate group, and 5.5 (3.4) days for the group receiving both (overall P = .45)."

The duration was shortened in the C group and the group taking both C and zinc. It just wasn't as significant a difference as they were looking for.

Read the study, not the fake news article.

Old 02-14-2021, 07:50 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,099,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
I'm just going to make a general statement...it seems strange that everyone is soooo deficient in all these vitamins and minerals and that is the supposed reason for all our ills and weaknesses. So we take the supplements...then of course the RDA is wrong for all of them so we are told to take double and triple and even more! Then....nope, you need this very specific FORM so your body and actually USE it. Then we also learn that you need 3 more supplements to make it bioavailable so we can REALLY absorb it.

How in the HE double hockey sticks did people get all this stuff "back in the day"? Our food was really THAT much better than now that they didn't have to worry about a thing? People say big pharma is a racket - supplements are no better and are big money makers for someone.
My wife just went into the doctor for a separate issue, it had been a while so they ran a full set of tests. She was extremely low in D. We live above Tennessee and she works indoors, most people are deficient.

If you eat really well, Vitamin C and D are probably all you need. If you dont eat well(several servings of vegetables a day), I would supplement.

I do think are over recommending Zinc, most supplements have 10 mgs and you will get some from food. The CNN article makes a good point about lack of copper with that much zinc.

If you are trying to keep it simple, I would do a 1 a day multivitamin like Naturelo. If symptoms, then get the Ivermectin prescription.

Last edited by Rom623; 02-14-2021 at 07:58 PM..

Old 02-14-2021, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
C and Zinc are inconclusive with colds and flu. Zinc lozenge is supposed to help by inhibiting virus in the throat. Covid doesn't always affect the throat.

Don't waste time on ivermectin or hydroxychloroquine. Frontlinedocs is a fake group of urgent care clinic operators who hope to profit off the disease.
I wouldnt blindly trust them either, looking across many websites, their protocol is best Ive seen other the 50 mgs of zinc. 20 is plenty.

The data for HCQ and Ivermectin is right here, along with Remdesivir. Compare the 3 and tell me again the NIH > FLCC

Only racket I see is Remdesivir.

Old 02-14-2021, 08:12 PM

472 posts, read 325,008 times
Coming from CNN, I knew it was a flawed study. You're supposed to take C, D, Zinc and quercetin. Once you develop symptoms, you take low dosage hydroxychloroquine + zinc for a 30% better outcome according to a large Belgium study. Watch Dr. John Campbell's YouTube video called "Hydroxychloroquine, evidence of efficacy"

Old 02-14-2021, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelingBoat View Post
Coming from CNN, I knew it was a flawed study. You're supposed to take C, D, Zinc and quercetin. Once you develop symptoms, you take low dosage hydroxychloroquine + zinc for a 30% better outcome according to a large Belgium study. Watch Dr. John Campbell's YouTube video called "Hydroxychloroquine, evidence of efficacy"
Ivermectin has recently proven to be the better treatment, HCQ could have saved many lives if we hadnt played politics though.

Old 02-15-2021, 12:21 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/12/healt...ess/index.html

There goes Vit C and Zn speculation

Not trying to cause a fight, just presenting a small study
In this small study, the participants already were sick with COVID 19. I am taking these supplements to strengthen my overall immune system, so different goals.

Old 02-15-2021, 01:33 AM

10,113 posts, read 10,962,389 times
I have read several different combinations of supplemental cocktails to take. I don't have COVID never had it. In addition I have never taken any vitamins or supplements. I have read all the posts here and now confused. I was told to try the ones below to build up my immune system. The CNN article seemed to be about people that had COVID which is not my case. Has anyone tried the ones listed below?

Vitamin D3 – 5000iu
Vitamin C –1000mg
Zinc – 50mg
N-acetylcysteine 600/500 mg (NAC)

Old 02-15-2021, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
I have read several different combinations of supplemental cocktails to take. I don't have COVID never had it. In addition I have never taken any vitamins or supplements. I have read all the posts here and now confused. I was told to try the ones below to build up my immune system. The CNN article seemed to be about people that had COVID which is not my case. Has anyone tried the ones listed below?

Vitamin D3 – 5000iu
Vitamin C –1000mg
Zinc – 50mg
N-acetylcysteine 600/500 mg (NAC)
Especially if you are eating well, those are the main ones to take. I would wait till symptoms to take NAC. If not eating well, consider a multivitamin like Naturelo.

I would not do 50mg of zinc, 20mg is plenty. Good zinc supplement will have some copper.

Quote:
At a minimum, getting the recommended dietary allowance (RDA) for vitamin C and vitamin D is necessary for the immune system to function properly
If I was going to do something extra, it would be a mushroom extract.

Heres Dr. Andrew Weils regimen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness