Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2021, 06:43 AM

1,974 posts, read 1,104,002 times

Advertisements

Interesting post on Amazon about zinc - link

Quote:
An excellent zinc ascorbate product. For those who haven’t heard, zinc has been shown in studies to coat the cell receptors in your throat—receptors which cold viruses need to attach to. When zinc coats that receptor, the virus can’t attach to new cells and (at least in me) the progress of a cold will stop. As someone with a weak immune system, zinc ascorbate is part of my arsenal of products to prevent or suppress colds, flus, and other viruses.

HOWEVER—and this is the catch—you can’t swallow this capsule while and have it work. It must physically coat the cell receptors in your throat. That means you need to open the capsule and pour it into a small amount of water in a cup, swirl the cup around to get it to dissolve as much as it reasonably can, and then gargle it in your throat. I find that one capsule works for two treatments and I need to take those treatments 8 to 12 hours apart. When I do that religiously, the colds and sore throats stop progressing immediately, my throat stops being sore, and the virus rarely move down into my lungs.

However, another big catch is that the studies say this only works for certain kinds of viruses, rhinoviruses (colds) among them. So if I try this and it doesn’t help my particular illness, I use something else that helps other viruses, like standardized elderberry extract, or echinacea, or a small amount of colloidal silver (for bacteria/fungus). That combination of options has succeeded in stopping most illnesses for me. Plus good quadravalent non-egg-based flu shots annually, like Flucelvax. Good luck!
FLCCC prevention protocol uses 1% gargle of iodine instead(also in some mouthwash). Dentist are using diluted hydrogen peroxide gargle with the same idea.

Watch at 50:10 of this video for more information from Dr.McCullough
https://vimeo.com/591952240
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2021, 03:33 AM

4,004 posts, read 2,083,450 times
Vitamin D3 attaches to receptors as well. I take 10,000 IU & K2M7 daily.

I saw on page one where someone asked how folks got vitamins and minerals back in the day.

That’s simple - prior to the 1940s most of Americans lived on farms. They didn’t eat food that they didn’t make from scratch. They didn’t eat nearly as many “sweets” and when they did it was from local honey or cane sugar.

In short, their diet was not a mush-mash of chemicals, hormones & preservatives. They didn’t need to watch their blood sugar unless they were wealthy enough to abuse cane sugar excessively. You are what you eat - and our ancestors ate real food.

As farmers who weren’t focused on skin cancer and aging, they got plenty of sun & Vitamin D naturally.

Old 09-20-2021, 05:56 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
Vitamin D3 attaches to receptors as well. I take 10,000 IU & K2M7 daily.

I saw on page one where someone asked how folks got vitamins and minerals back in the day.

That’s simple - prior to the 1940s most of Americans lived on farms. They didn’t eat food that they didn’t make from scratch. They didn’t eat nearly as many “sweets” and when they did it was from local honey or cane sugar.

In short, their diet was not a mush-mash of chemicals, hormones & preservatives. They didn’t need to watch their blood sugar unless they were wealthy enough to abuse cane sugar excessively. You are what you eat - and our ancestors ate real food.

As farmers who weren’t focused on skin cancer and aging, they got plenty of sun & Vitamin D naturally.
And they also had more illnesses and a shorter life span. Don't forget that part!

Old 09-20-2021, 09:52 AM

5,714 posts, read 4,291,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
And they also had more illnesses and a shorter life span. Don't forget that part!

That doesn't jibe with the fairy tale.

Old 09-20-2021, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
That doesn't jibe with the fairy tale.
LOL that's true.

Old 09-21-2021, 05:53 PM

4,004 posts, read 2,083,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
LOL that's true.
Well, my MIL was not raised on a farm, but her mother did make everything she ate. She lived to be 87, and her surviving sister is 96 and going strong. My MIL was born in 1929.

My father was raised on a farm, he was born in 1938, and he is still going strong. His Doctor says he is going to live to be 100.

Are ya'll sure you are not reading Grimm's Fairy Tales? LOL!

Old 09-21-2021, 08:30 PM

5,714 posts, read 4,291,854 times
Quote:
Well, my MIL was not raised on a farm, but her mother did make everything she ate. She lived to be 87, and her surviving sister is 96 and going strong. My MIL was born in 1929.

My father was raised on a farm, he was born in 1938, and he is still going strong. His Doctor says he is going to live to be 100.

They didn't sit on their asses looking at their phones and TVs all day.

Old 09-22-2021, 05:55 AM

Quote:

I'm not reading any fairy tales - just looking at information that is widely available about life span expectations. Oh look, here's one:
https://www.census.gov/content/dam/C...o/p25-1145.pdf

And here's another:
https://www.ssa.gov/history/lifeexpect.html

Old 10-28-2021, 01:16 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,760,060 times
I beg to differ, Vit C, Vit D, Zinc and others are my main immune system supports. And Fauci has come out and said he takes Vit C, Vit D and lord knows what else, but does he preach this to his followers? No he does not.

Old 10-28-2021, 02:45 PM

7,260 posts, read 5,139,849 times
I haven't read thru this long thread, but I'd bet it's full of the usual false info, wishful thinkng and misinterpretations typical of the topic of supplements.

Let me just point out the difficulties in proving a supplement of any kind"works."---

Let's say we want to evaluate the benefits of Vit C pills. We take 1000 or so subjects and controls and do all sorts of measurements to evaluate their health status. After 6 months of taking the pills or placebo, we repeat the tests and we will surely find no differences in the two groups....BUT-- what if we repeated the test on a population of people with scurvy? Obviously Vit C supplements would prove to be benefiical.

The problem with testing vitamins is that measurable signs of deficiencies don't seem to show up until some magic threshhold is crossed, ie- no way to measure "patial deficiency." It's like turning a light on or off-- no part on/part off.

As for Vit D, Vit C and Zn in particular, each is intimately invovled in the normal fuctioing of the immune system-- but it's not a matter of "if 1 is good, 2 must be better." You merely need "enough" of each and taking extra provides no benefit. (Diabetics, BTW- seem to have a hgher daily requirement for Zn than non-diabetics, which may explain any small advantages in CoV matters, known to be worse in diabetics.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness