Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2021, 04:34 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times

Advertisements

This article doesn't say anything about taking zinc or vitamin C proactively - it says it is ineffective to people who already have COVID 19.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2021, 05:11 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Zinc with hydroxychloroquine and vitamin C IIRC were used successfully to treat Covid cases in Norway and Sweden. There were threads with this info here and around C-D in summer/fall of 2020. Hospitals in NYC used IV vit. C on patients last year with good results as well. https://theportcitynews.com/2020/03/...s-in-new-york/

Zinc and quercetin are said to help prevent Covid. Boosting your vit. D also helps protect against colds and flu. So does garlic. So does higher doses of Vit. C. So does exercise. Lots of ways to boost your immune system.

Will all of that make you bulletproof against Covid? Even the vaccines won't do that, and don't claim to. So be careful. And eat healthfully.

Old 10-28-2021, 06:43 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,749,428 times
It just makes good sense to take them all proactively, I've taken them for years and now more than ever. And my ever faithful grape seed extract is right up there....my big salvation..

Millions have put their faith in the shots and now here we are many more health side effects and a high number of deaths.

Old 10-28-2021, 09:20 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
It just makes good sense to take them all proactively, I've taken them for years and now more than ever. And my ever faithful grape seed extract is right up there....my big salvation..

Millions have put their faith in the shots and now here we are many more health side effects and a high number of deaths.
The high number of deaths are due mainly to the people who haven't gotten vaxxed. Like my doctor; she wanted to wait until the "experimental" vaxxed were proven safe. Fair enough, IMO, but that means waiting .... how long? How many years? This summer she got slammed with Covid, and was in the ICU on a respirator fighting for her life. She had to close her practice for a couple of months, just to recover from that experience. And she knew how to keep her immune system strong, and believed in that. Cryptically, her husband didn't get it (or not as of the last time I spoke to her). Maybe she had more stress than he did, as she had a greater patient load than he did, IDK. And she was exposed to far more people than he was.

I have a friend who also is waiting to see if the vaccines are safe. But she does a pretty good job of self-isolating, so she's stayed well. And she's in WA State, where masking is mandatory in indoor spaces, which is safer for her. I pray she doesn't get the bug eventually.

Old 10-29-2021, 04:10 AM

7,259 posts, read 5,131,727 times
Once again, Folks-- in round numbers-- only 1 in 10 Americans have gotten CoV-- only 1 in 100 have been hoispitalized with CoV-- and only 1 in 1000 have died with it....How do you improve on that?

The question is not does that or that "work"? but how well does it work? Is it worth the expense & side effects?... A tx that improves the death rate by 50% (none have actually been that good) would mean you have to treat 2000 people prophyllactically to save one life, or 200 people once they're sick to save one life.

Old 10-29-2021, 10:52 AM

5,713 posts, read 4,286,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
Once again, Folks-- in round numbers-- only 1 in 10 Americans have gotten CoV-- only 1 in 100 have been hoispitalized with CoV-- and only 1 in 1000 have died with it....How do you improve on that?

Sure, if you count people who didn't catch it.

Here's another amazing statistic: heart disease kills 0 of every 1000 people who don't have it.

Old 10-29-2021, 12:05 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,749,428 times
I believe that if only the ones who got really sick with this Virus had been in good shape with Vit D and Vit C and others, they would have gotten better faster and many would be alive.

Old 11-02-2021, 05:50 AM

5,517 posts, read 2,404,605 times
Not surprising. Still haven't seen any good evidence for any of these Vitamins being effective vs COVID.

Old 11-02-2021, 06:03 AM

5,517 posts, read 2,404,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post

High number of deaths from shots? Did you just make that up?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness