Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2021, 01:24 PM

17,581 posts, read 13,362,412 times

Advertisements

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/12/healt...ess/index.html

Quote:
(CNN)Can vitamin C and zinc help you fight off Covid-19?

No, not even at high doses, according to the first randomized clinical trial to test the two supplements under medical supervision.

Despite the popular use of vitamin C and zinc to fight off or lessen the severity of viral colds and flu, the new study, published Friday in JAMA Network Open, found the two supplements were of no benefit to people isolating at home with Covid-19.

In fact, the findings were so unimpressive that the study was stopped early.

"Unfortunately, these 2 supplements failed to live up to their hype," wrote Dr. Erin Michos of John Hopkins and Houston Methodist's Dr. Miguel Cainzos-Achirica, in an accompanying editorial.

There goes Vit C and Zn speculation

Not trying to cause a fight, just presenting a small study
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2021, 02:27 PM

4,412 posts, read 4,906,711 times
I thought they established that zinc was ineffective without hydroxychloroquine last year.

Old 02-13-2021, 03:13 PM

4,416 posts, read 9,141,500 times
FDA Big Pharma conspiracy. They refuse to let the truth be known

Old 02-14-2021, 06:48 AM

4,004 posts, read 2,083,450 times
Its true, but Vitamin D is significantly effective.

This doesnt mean you can trash you Zinc and Vitamin C. They are still effective at boosting your immune system and preventing other infections like the Common cold, etc. Both have numerous health benefits including reducing oxidative stress and protecting cells from damaging free radicals.

Old 02-14-2021, 08:12 AM

5,995 posts, read 3,736,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/12/healt...ess/index.html

There goes Vit C and Zn speculation

Not trying to cause a fight, just presenting a small study
The phony "study" doesn't address the main question of "Can vitamin C and zinc help you fight off Covid-19?"

The "study" involved only those folks who had already come down with a confirmed case of the virus and were isolating at home. By definition, that means that the study had no way of knowing how many cases of the virus were PREVENTED by the taking of Vitamin C and Zinc since those people weren't included in the study.

A healthy immune system can fight off and prevent many illnesses including even some cancers. So if you "study" only those people who are already confirmed to be sick, then your study is worthless as far as revealing the preventative powers of the substance being studied.

Old 02-14-2021, 03:37 PM

7,241 posts, read 4,552,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
The phony "study" doesn't address the main question of "Can vitamin C and zinc help you fight off Covid-19?"
Seeing a lot of phony studies lately. Trying to keep people from finding out the truth.

But I have never been a big fan of vitamin C. I just don't think that in the wild we would have gotten mass doses of vitamin C and now that people are eating Carnivore diets and not dying from Scurvy I am wondering exactly how much we really do need at all.

It is possible that the RDAs for this are too high.

When I consider how many times I drank a sugar laden orange juice because I felt I needed the vitamin c.

Old 02-14-2021, 04:49 PM

1,974 posts, read 1,104,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by terracore View Post
I thought they established that zinc was ineffective without hydroxychloroquine last year.
Front line doctors suggest using quercetin which also makes zinc more bio available. Its often sold with bromelain(better absorption) and should be taken on an empty stomach. If you buy a separate zinc supplement, it should include a small amount of copper, Jarrow is a good option.

IMO, the best thing to do if symptoms is immediately get a prescription of ivermectin.

If immunity does respond(fever) and your white blood cell count rises, you should be able to absorb crazy amounts of vitamin C since they rapidly consume it. However it competes with sugar for insulin, something to keep in mind. Doctors best sells a powder, quali-C which allows you to dose high when symptoms.

PROPHYLAXIS PROTOCOL (Prevention)
lvermectin1 Prophylaxis for high risk individuals
0.2 mg/kg* per dose — one dose today, 2nd dose in48 hours, then one dose every 2 weeks
Post COVID-19 exposure prophylaxis3 0.2 mg/kg* per dose— one dose today, 2nd dose in 48 hours
Vitamin D3 1,000–3,000 IU/day
Vitamin C 1,000mg twice a day
Quercetin 250mg/day
Zinc 50mg/day
Melatonin 6mg before bedtime (causes drowsiness)

If you dont have autoimmune issues, a mushroom extract would also be really helpful.

Odd in my opinion that no other nutrients are mentioned like b vitamins, but especially D.
Other than lack of selenium and mushroom extract(maybe not recommended b/c autoimmune), the FLCC protocol seems really good.

Old 02-14-2021, 04:54 PM

4,412 posts, read 4,906,711 times
I'm not suggesting that anybody raw dog their own Rx. In fact, I suggest against it! But the local feed store sells ivermectin in 50 pound bales. It's not exactly hard to find, or expensive. Our local Walmart sells it OTC for animals.

Old 02-14-2021, 05:00 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,377,752 times
I'm just going to make a general statement...it seems strange that everyone is soooo deficient in all these vitamins and minerals and that is the supposed reason for all our ills and weaknesses. So we take the supplements...then of course the RDA is wrong for all of them so we are told to take double and triple and even more! Then....nope, you need this very specific FORM so your body and actually USE it. Then we also learn that you need 3 more supplements to make it bioavailable so we can REALLY absorb it.

How in the HE double hockey sticks did people get all this stuff "back in the day"? Our food was really THAT much better than now that they didn't have to worry about a thing? People say big pharma is a racket - supplements are no better and are big money makers for someone.

Old 02-14-2021, 05:05 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,575,119 times
C and Zinc are inconclusive with colds and flu. Zinc lozenge is supposed to help by inhibiting virus in the throat. Covid doesn't always affect the throat.

Zinc for colds

Don't waste time on ivermectin or hydroxychloroquine. Frontlinedocs is a fake group of urgent care clinic operators who hope to profit off the disease.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness