Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2021, 05:35 PM

6,957 posts, read 12,054,901 times

Advertisements

I have not found anyone who has gotten the side effects I got: severe sinus infection with congestion and neck/shoulder/back ache. The headache is tremendous. It didn't start until a week later and its now been 11 days. I am doing everything I can to get rid of the symptoms but it just doesn't want to leave. I have rheumatoid arthritis and am 78. Wish I had not tried so hard to get the shot and now I probably won't get the second shot in March. It was Moderna.

Old 02-14-2021, 05:56 PM

5,703 posts, read 4,278,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZgarden View Post
I have not found anyone who has gotten the side effects I got: severe sinus infection with congestion and neck/shoulder/back ache. The headache is tremendous. It didn't start until a week later and its now been 11 days. I am doing everything I can to get rid of the symptoms but it just doesn't want to leave. I have rheumatoid arthritis and am 78. Wish I had not tried so hard to get the shot and now I probably won't get the second shot in March. It was Moderna.

11 days? probably not the vaccine,

Old 02-14-2021, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelingBoat View Post
nd according to immunologist J. Bart Classen, .

The anti-vaxxer that has no credibility?

Old 02-14-2021, 06:23 PM

10,545 posts, read 7,739,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZgarden View Post
The immune response is usually over after 7 days so it's quite likely your symptoms are from something else.

Old 02-14-2021, 08:21 PM

472 posts, read 325,280 times
Many people in this thread don't seem to understand two things... 1) You ALSO want to be concerned with the LONG-term side effects. They are unknown. We don't know if there are any. 2) There's a difference between being "anti-vaccine" and being "anti-inadequately tested, experimental vaccine". Vaccines usually take 4 to 5 years to test -- not 2 months. These COVID-19 ones are being RUSHED to market under emergency authorization.

Old 02-14-2021, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelingBoat View Post
Many people in this thread don't seem to understand two things... 1) You ALSO want to be concerned with the LONG-term side effects. They are unknown. We don't know if there are any.

Can you list some known long-term side effects of other vaccines, and the vaccine that causes them?

You're right that we don't know if there might be long term effect from the vaccines because a long period of time hasn't passed yet. But that's not "reason to worry" because there's no reason to believe there will be any long term effects. mRNA breaks down quickly in the body, so there won't be anything left to cause side effects. The only thing left will be immunity.

Quote:
2) There's a difference between being "anti-vaccine" and being "anti-inadequately tested, experimental vaccine". Vaccines usually take 4 to 5 years to test -- not 2 months. These COVID-19 ones are being RUSHED to market under emergency authorization.
If you're really arguing something else, you might want to use different arguments and "authorities: than AV's do.

Old 02-14-2021, 09:30 PM

10,345 posts, read 8,559,492 times
My friend is 34 and healthy. She got covid a little while back. She got the 1st shot and got ill. She threw up and passed out and her brother took her to the hospital. She’s fine now but is a bit concerned about the second shot.

Old 02-14-2021, 10:22 PM

644 posts, read 307,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
Can you list some known long-term side effects of other vaccines, and the vaccine that causes them?
Well, there's this: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22235050/ I only Googled this because a friend's mom had autoimmune issues after a flu shot. It doesn't seem common, but it can happen. It's not insane to worry about something similar with a Covid vaccine, especially since this is a virus that affects many organs. Personally I'd want to see some data on whether people who were exposed to Covid before getting vaccinated are at risk of an autoimmune response.

FWIW I do think the benefit is bigger than the risk for most people. It's a scary disease with lots of unknowns. But I also wish there was some kind of effort to figure out who already has immunity (at the least, an antibody test before vaccination), because that's a different risk-benefit situation.

Old 02-14-2021, 11:10 PM

49 posts, read 44,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG2020 View Post
Well, there's this: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22235050/ I only Googled this because a friend's mom had autoimmune issues after a flu shot. It doesn't seem common, but it can happen. It's not insane to worry about something similar with a Covid vaccine, especially since this is a virus that affects many organs. Personally I'd want to see some data on whether people who were exposed to Covid before getting vaccinated are at risk of an autoimmune response.

FWIW I do think the benefit is bigger than the risk for most people. It's a scary disease with lots of unknowns. But I also wish there was some kind of effort to figure out who already has immunity (at the least, an antibody test before vaccination), because that's a different risk-benefit situation.
The publication you cite indicates the problem noted there is due to the adjuvants in those particular vaccines. The Moderna and Pfizer vaccines do not contain adjuvants.

https://www.formulaction.com/en/abou...and-efficiency

Old 02-15-2021, 12:28 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,867,486 times
I had round one of the Pfizer vaccine about three days ago and had a slightly sore arm (not as sore as many other vaccines or shots over the years) and that was it. That's gone now too. I feel great.

I am 59 but I think my doctor put me in line due to my recent elbow surgery and replacement. I was in group 1B.

The shot itself was so small and quick I honestly didn't even feel it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness