Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2021, 04:01 PM

15,110 posts, read 27,580,175 times

Advertisements

I have to update: I developed a rash on my upper arm yesterday, that muscle is swollen and painful. I went back to the place where I got it today, he looked at it and said it was a localized allergic reaction, nothing serious. Said take Benedryl or something (I already take Alavert daily), said put hydrocortisone cream on it and let him know if it gets worse. He did take down my name and phone for reporting purposes. I have a photo but I can't figure out how to upload photos on here - still, if it doesn't get worse - small price to pay for not getting seriously ill and on a ventilator.

Old 03-30-2021, 04:05 PM

36,970 posts, read 40,949,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
I have to update: I developed a rash on my upper arm yesterday, that muscle is swollen and painful. I went back to the place where I got it today, he looked at it and said it was a localized allergic reaction, nothing serious. Said take Benedryl or something (I already take Alavert daily), said put hydrocortisone cream on it and let him know if it gets worse. He did take down my name and phone for reporting purposes. I have a photo but I can't figure out how to upload photos on here - still, if it doesn't get worse - small price to pay for not getting seriously ill and on a ventilator.
It's called "COVID arm".

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...-reaction.html

"CDC has learned of reports that some people have experienced a red, itchy, swollen, or painful rash where they got the shot. These rashes can start a few days to more than a week after the first shot and are sometimes quite large. These rashes are also known as 'COVID arm.' If you experience 'COVID arm' after getting the first shot, you should still get the second shot at the recommended interval if the vaccine you got needs a second shot. Tell your vaccination provider that you experienced a rash or 'COVID arm' after the first shot. Your vaccination provider may recommend that you get the second shot in the opposite arm.

If the rash is itchy, you can take an antihistamine. If it is painful, you can take a pain medication like acetaminophen or a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID)."

Old 03-30-2021, 04:44 PM

2,851 posts, read 2,095,888 times
2nd Moderna yesterday, nothing more than a sore arm. as someone else noted regarding their 2nd dose, my arm is sorer than last time but certainly manageable.

Old 03-30-2021, 05:06 PM

15,110 posts, read 27,580,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
It's called "COVID arm".

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...-reaction.html

"CDC has learned of reports that some people have experienced a red, itchy, swollen, or painful rash where they got the shot. These rashes can start a few days to more than a week after the first shot and are sometimes quite large. These rashes are also known as 'COVID arm.' If you experience 'COVID arm' after getting the first shot, you should still get the second shot at the recommended interval if the vaccine you got needs a second shot. Tell your vaccination provider that you experienced a rash or 'COVID arm' after the first shot. Your vaccination provider may recommend that you get the second shot in the opposite arm.

If the rash is itchy, you can take an antihistamine. If it is painful, you can take a pain medication like acetaminophen or a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID)."
Thanks, that's what he said. It's not itchy at all. I'll put some hydrocortisone cream on it tonight and wear a short-sleeve pajama top. No issues at all (other than a LITTLE soreness) after the first.

Old 03-30-2021, 09:54 PM

8,648 posts, read 22,804,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradomom22 View Post
I had Covid and support the use of these vaccines.

However, I read a lot of articles recently about the elderly people in Europe who had recently recovered from Covid and then died right after receiving their vaccinations. Experts are investigating just how safe these vaccines are for people who recently recovered. And they are now saying that perhaps one shot is enough for those who already had the virus.

As a result I am looking at the Johnson & Johnson vaccine for myself. But when I share my opinions about this I am immediately shot down as being "anti-vaxx". I am not, but I think it's wise to consider alternatives to everyone getting two shots as soon as they can.
100% agree. If you have the luxury to get the one you want, do it. Having cv19 gives you some protection, so you can shop around.

Old 03-30-2021, 10:41 PM

1,397 posts, read 1,134,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartMoney View Post
100% agree. If you have the luxury to get the one you want, do it. Having cv19 gives you some protection, so you can shop around.
I got the J&J vaccine over a week ago. Prior to that I did an antibody test which showed I still had some. My biggest concern is having some protection against variants. J&J was tested later in countries that had variants and results were good. I feel confident that I have some natural immunity against Covid but the variants are what concern me.

I'd rather save the other two vaccines for people who haven't been infected.

Old 03-31-2021, 03:47 PM

3,598 posts, read 1,628,789 times
My brother and i got our first Moderna shots yesterday...didn't even feel the shots although our shoulders a little sore today.

Old 04-01-2021, 10:19 AM

7,378 posts, read 6,437,203 times
Got the J&J vaccine 11 days ago....was fine with no side effects until yesterday afternoon when I started noticing a ringing in my right ear.

Could be tinnitus or an ear infection. Checked with a friend who lives in my building and is the Chief Medical Officer for Miami Dade. He has heard tinnitus as a possible vaccine side effect.

Hope it is temporary. In the meantime, I have laid off Floanase and just started taking a decongestant to see if that helps. Will give it a few more days before I go to Urgent Care or meet with my physician in 12 days.

Old 04-01-2021, 10:27 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,217,258 times
No...effects...a day sore arm. All good with both pfizer shots.
Flu shot, tho made me very icky for day and half! Awful.

Old 04-01-2021, 11:28 AM

5,627 posts, read 4,169,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
Got the J&J vaccine 11 days ago....was fine with no side effects until yesterday afternoon when I started noticing a ringing in my right ear.

Could be tinnitus or an ear infection. Checked with a friend who lives in my building and is the Chief Medical Officer for Miami Dade. He has heard tinnitus as a possible vaccine side effect.

Hope it is temporary. In the meantime, I have laid off Floanase and just started taking a decongestant to see if that helps. Will give it a few more days before I go to Urgent Care or meet with my physician in 12 days.

But the tinnitus may not be related to the vaccine either. Lots of other possible causes. But if it was it should clear up.

https://www.drugdiscoverytrends.com/...d-to-tinnitus/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness