Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2021, 11:55 AM

1,147 posts, read 862,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Meh. My son's Immunologist has diagnosed a vaccine injury as causative for my son's severe autism. He is now medically exempt from all vaccines.

I'm antivaxx. I started masking in January 2020; two months before they were "recommended". Everyone looked at me like I had grown an extra head. I still mask. I pulled my son out of school three weeks before the "stay at home" started. Sometimes I think I am the only parent of an autistic child who can mask. That didn't come easy. I worked with him very hard on this. Now he always makes sure we have masks before we leave the car. He can easily mask for up to 8 hours straight. I could mask for 24/7; doesn't bother me one bit.

When covid wasn't even confirmed here in the US & people were saying "The flu is worse"; I told them "The flu statistics have been manipulated to use for a "Cry Wolf" ... Covid IS the Wolf". Search here on CD with my name + keyword "Wolf" ... I said it multiple, multiple times.
Get real and honest. You will not continue to wear a mask and social distance for 5 years. Get real now.

This is more in tune to reality,

"Masks Fall When Antivaxxers Congregate
The recent AutismOne virtual conference, featuring Plandemic’s Judy Mikovits, reminded its attendees that antivaxxers don’t want safer vaccines; they want no vaccine."

https://www.mcgill.ca/oss/article/co...ers-congregate

"Many anti-vaccine activists — who have claimed that diseases such as measles aren’t that serious — now contend the coronavirus isn’t dangerous enough to justify staying home. They agree with President Donald Trump that the ‘cure’ for the pandemic could be worse than the disease itself."

https://www.spectrumnews.org/opinion...heir-movement/

"Bloom has noted how many of the hundreds of protestors at a Wisconsin anti-lockdown demonstration were carrying anti-vaccination signs. He says there is a “new phenomenon” of TV networks, such as Fox News, airing their views.5"

https://www.bmj.com/content/369/bmj.m2184

You guys are more than just no vaccines.

Old 04-25-2021, 12:04 PM

118 posts, read 69,130 times
Second Moderna vaccination caused a negative reaction. Aches and pain, fever one day better next.

Old 04-25-2021, 12:29 PM

1,500 posts, read 886,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Meh. My son's Immunologist has diagnosed a vaccine injury as causative for my son's severe autism. He is now medically exempt from all vaccines.

Ikr; people already think they haven't had a long term injury because their headache went away after 5 days.

I'm antivaxx. I started masking in January 2020; two months before they were "recommended". Everyone looked at me like I had grown an extra head. I still mask. I pulled my son out of school three weeks before the "stay at home" started. Sometimes I think I am the only parent of an autistic child who can mask. That didn't come easy. I worked with him very hard on this. Now he always makes sure we have masks before we leave the car. He can easily mask for up to 8 hours straight. I could mask for 24/7; doesn't bother me one bit.

When covid wasn't even confirmed here in the US & people were saying "The flu is worse"; I told them "The flu statistics have been manipulated to use for a "Cry Wolf" ... Covid IS the Wolf". Search here on CD with my name + keyword "Wolf" ... I said it multiple, multiple times.

You did the right thing! Good for you

Old 04-25-2021, 12:39 PM

1,500 posts, read 886,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Hubs friends wife ended up dying. He got the call a few days ago. She went down hill, hubs friend pulled the plug. She went quick, 2 breaths and was gone so he made the right decision. She was 60. I don't know what strain they got and if they will be trying to see the strain. All I know is she had back issues, no other health issues. Hubs friend is still in quarantine, very weak. I'm glad they allowed him to be with his wife while she passed away.

I've told him about the side effects with the various vaccines so he knows the 2nd could take him out for a day or 2. I would have rather he got J&J but he was freaked out with his friends getting severe COVID. He's not near anyone with his main job, it's his weekend Sam's club job that he's worried about.

Shingrix shot one kicked my a$$ bad! Almost closed my throat, thankfully I'd brought Benadryl with me because I had a feeling I'd have a reaction because I have reactions to medication fillers. I had side effects for weeks that are in the threads here and in retirement. I did have shingles. No vax #2 so I hope that having shingles plus one vaccine will protect me even though it's supposed to be "rare" for someone to get shingles twice.

I'm not ready to try my luck with the COVID vaccine but if I do, I'm going with one and done J&J because I may not get a 2nd chance due to my many allergies. I'll be tested for what's known to cause allergies in the J&J vaccine. No surprises for me.

I also do not remember having any reactions to vaccines before the shingles vaccine but I'm not one to get a flu shot because of my allergies to medications. The last shot I had was tetanus, I don't recall having any reaction.

My son will be 36, I'm pretty sure that he had mild reactions to childhood vaccines but he was also sick a lot when he was little with ear infections. My daughter who's 8 years younger did have severe reactions with every vaccine where she would be miserable for a few days. At one point, I realized that she was getting more vaccines then her brother, I looked at the shot record and was right. I don't recall how many more she had then him and what they were.

My grandson also has a reaction to childhood vaccines and I'm not surprised because my daughter allowed them to give him 6 vaccines in one visit which really ticked me off. She didn't drive, I told her give him 2 with one oral, I'd bring her back for the rest, she said doctor said it's safe, so she continued like that until he was done. He continues to have a reaction with every vaccine which has been the flu shot while he was in preschool. It's not required in elementary school so he doesn't get one. My daughter and I noticed that he would be sick from the time he got a flu shot until the spring. He got this cough, would eventually start throwing up. Since he's stopped the flu shot, he's been pretty healthy. Hasn't had that cough. So weird.
I keep reading your posts, and today’s made me so sad...A 60 year old dying....
Hub did the right thing to discontinue life support....my hub and I, both with 50 years in healthcare have very specific advance directives on this...no leaving it to someone else...and yes we have alternates listed, who know our wishes.

I hear you on your dilemma with vaccine allergic reactions..continue to listen to YOUR expert...funny you mention the Shingrex vaccine...that is one that I say no way to..for both of us...our docs know not to push me..

Hope you and your family do well

Still feel so bad for that lady

Old 04-25-2021, 01:08 PM

424 posts, read 175,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I presume you're referring to the immune response here?

1) Shingrix.. You've got a whole lot of people here mentioning it knocking them down for a day or two afterwards

2) Tetnus.. Quite often people have a sore arm after that shot. Which, prior to covid, they probably didn't even think anything about.

3) Flu.. How many times have you heard "I won't take a flu shot. Last time I did, it gave me the flu"? Think that through.. You know they didn't get the flu.. So what did they get? A strong immune response to it.

Outside of those.. What vaccinations does someone over the age of 6 get?

You've heard of it.. Just didn't realize you did..

As for the 2 year olds.. They just don't whine as much as adults unless they're REALLY not feeling well.

What I'm kinda curious about.. Is there any correlation between the reactions to a tetnus shot, or flu shot and the COVID vaccination shot? If you "got the flu" from the flu shot, does that mean you'll likely have a strong reaction to the COVID vax?
My husband has never had a reaction to the flu shot and had only a minor sore arm with his last tetanus shot, but the second Pfizer vaccine knocked him on his butt for about 24 hours. Fever, shivering, very sore muscles, sore joints, headache.

My son tends to get a low-grade fever with the flu vaccine (and also had it with his childhood vaccines) but had just minor body aches after the Pfizer vax.

My daughter and I tend not to react to vaccines and just had minor body aches after the second Pfizer. I had nausea and a headache after the first, though.

I think it's random, but I'd be interested in reading a study if it's done.

Old 04-25-2021, 01:23 PM

35,064 posts, read 17,006,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medical Lab Guy View Post
No they are not. Nor are they going to wear masks and social distance. That's just what antivaxxers do.

"1) You ALSO want to be concerned with the LONG-term side effects. They are unknown. We don't know if there are any. 2) There's a difference between being "anti-vaccine" and being "anti-inadequately tested, experimental vaccine". Vaccines usually take 4 to 5 years to test -- not 2 months. These COVID-19 ones are being RUSHED to market under emergency authorization."

The unifier among the two groups cited is that they don't give a **** about getting infected. They are young and don't care about anybody else because they don't see other young people getting infected and suffering. Those that get sick stay at home or end up in the hospital and are thus hidden.

We heard the same complaints about HPV vaccine where it took 7 years to develop and just recently released a CDC statement after 12 years of post-release data on safety and efficacy. No one in their right mind is going to wait 19 years for a vaccine that is killing people right now.

People are using excuses to cover up the fact that they are less afraid of the virus than a vaccine. The proof is they will not wear masks and social distance for 5 years until the safety studies are completed. It's a farce complaint. If it were killing mostly young people they would be running to get the vaccine.
There are a few typos in your post but the gist of it is "not their problem" from what I can tell. I'm 64 and neither my wife or I got sick or ever tested positive despite multiple and repeated exposures. Nor did we test positive for antibodies. We moved heaven and earth to get vaccinated. Though I was not worried I returned to the office on a daily basis since June and did it to ease other people's anxiety.

Old 04-25-2021, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
There are a few typos in your post but the gist of it is "not their problem" from what I can tell. I'm 64 and neither my wife or I got sick or ever tested positive despite multiple and repeated exposures. Nor did we test positive for antibodies. We moved heaven and earth to get vaccinated. Though I was not worried I returned to the office on a daily basis since June and did it to ease other people's anxiety.
Good for you. The antivaxxers are so full of misinformation out there. Never take anything they say at face value. It's a mindset and lifestyle that isn't responsive to logical facts. There is some tragedy in there with autism and the need to blame it on something will always be there. That fear goes beyond autism and vaccines though. .

I got the Pfizer vaccine and the first was uneventful but on the second I hurt immediately and eventually ended up with a hematoma about 6" X 6 " on my arm.

Old 04-25-2021, 03:24 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,347,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medical Lab Guy View Post
Good for you. The antivaxxers are so full of misinformation out there. Never take anything they say at face value. It's a mindset and lifestyle that isn't responsive to logical facts. There is some tragedy in there with autism and the need to blame it on something will always be there. That fear goes beyond autism and vaccines though. .

I got the Pfizer vaccine and the first was uneventful but on the second I hurt immediately and eventually ended up with a hematoma about 6" X 6 " on my arm.
I go in for IVIG for 4 days once a month. Basically each day is a 6 hour infusion of a large amount of the gamma globulin of other people. Come out looking like a pin cushion after the fourth day with a dozen or more hematomas ranging from a 1/2 inch to 4 or 5 Square inches. Sometimes have one or two courtesy of my cat. Always wonder if it will attract cops particularly if I wear a short sleeved shirt. Do drug addict sticks look the same or different than those of an infusion RN? I am also a difficult stick so I may get hit 15 or 20 times to get the 4 good sticks needed.

Old 04-25-2021, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
I go in for IVIG for 4 days once a month. Basically each day is a 6 hour infusion of a large amount of the gamma globulin of other people. Come out looking like a pin cushion after the fourth day with a dozen or more hematomas ranging from a 1/2 inch to 4 or 5 Square inches. Sometimes have one or two courtesy of my cat. Always wonder if it will attract cops particularly if I wear a short sleeved shirt. Do drug addict sticks look the same or different than those of an infusion RN? I am also a difficult stick so I may get hit 15 or 20 times to get the 4 good sticks needed.
Fresh sticks all look alike and if you are black or of color then get ready to be shot. I can't tell you how many times I have gotten stopped driving while being a person of color (brown) even with my white coat on. Some stories are just absurd. They always have me open the trunk and I would carry in a grocery bag some vacutainer needles holders and tubes and they would say what is this? Are you legally able to carry? You would think it's a weapon. I would show them my national registry card and they would let me go. I have had dogs brought in just to search my car again simply crossing a border patrol check point.

Anyways back to the topic and that is drug users do have fresh marks and bruises depending on where they try and hide the sticks. Their veins are shot and feel hard as a rock. Very problematic finding one that is nice patent vein. They will tell you where to stick it in at but sometimes they are wrong for our purpose which means it fills too slow and ends up clotted. Most of the time they are syringe draw to try and suck it out as fast as possible. Police can see track marks if not the whole blown vein.

Old 04-25-2021, 04:50 PM

5,713 posts, read 4,286,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I presume you're referring to the immune response here?

1) Shingrix.. You've got a whole lot of people here mentioning it knocking them down for a day or two afterwards

2) Tetnus.. Quite often people have a sore arm after that shot. Which, prior to covid, they probably didn't even think anything about.

3) Flu.. How many times have you heard "I won't take a flu shot. Last time I did, it gave me the flu"? Think that through.. You know they didn't get the flu.. So what did they get? A strong immune response to it.

Outside of those.. What vaccinations does someone over the age of 6 get?

You've heard of it.. Just didn't realize you did..

As for the 2 year olds.. They just don't whine as much as adults unless they're REALLY not feeling well.

What I'm kinda curious about.. Is there any correlation between the reactions to a tetnus shot, or flu shot and the COVID vaccination shot? If you "got the flu" from the flu shot, does that mean you'll likely have a strong reaction to the COVID vax?

No I haven't heard of it, and I already mentioned getting an owie from tetanus. I've had Measles Mumps Rubella a couple times, no reaction, tetanus or diptheria-tetanus-pertussis, no reaction other than soreness (which I don't think reflects a systemic immune response), flu many times, no reaction, Jahnssen covid vax, no reaction, Shingrix stands alone as the only vaccine in my life I've had a substantial reaction to. And yet I was older for it than all of the others except the covid shot, by 3 months.

I distinctly remember getting vaccinated for polio as a child, no reaction. i'[ll admit I don't remember getting the smallpox vaccine, but I have no reason to believe I had any reaction.

I think Suzy's theory is the stronger one at this point, but I don't consider the question settled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness