Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2021, 11:08 PM

12,852 posts, read 7,049,406 times

Advertisements

I'm 52 had lot of side effects from the 2nd shot high fever such so not sure what the age cut off is. Maybe that's an indication my immune system is still working good. If I had to compare to other flu's I had this was different the foggy head for more then 24-48 hours was something I never had expected maybe one time with a really bad flu. If they want to sell this to the public they need to figure out ways to make this little easier taking 2-3 days off from work to get a vaccine is not a long term solution.

I understand with most vaccines in history the first ones did have lot of side effects hopefully they figure out ways to make this work with less of a reaction to them.

Last edited by kell490; 05-08-2021 at 12:12 AM..

Old 05-08-2021, 07:37 AM

5,623 posts, read 4,167,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post

And for anyone who’s vaccine is coming up… make sure you get some easy to cook meals in, as you won’t feel like doing much cooking afterwards! And if you are right-handed, like I am, then offer up your left arm to be injected. And if you are left-handed, then do the opposite!
Good luck everyone.

Not true!

These threads are scaring people and making people forget that for the vast majority, there will be little or no side effects! So while its good to have a plan in case you're one of the minority who don't feel up to snuff, the vast majority of people aren't going to need to actually use that plan because they will feel just fine.

Old 05-08-2021, 08:06 AM

67,655 posts, read 60,289,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
Not true!

These threads are scaring people and making people forget that for the vast majority, there will be little or no side effects! So while its good to have a plan in case you're one of the minority who don't feel up to snuff, the vast majority of people aren't going to need to actually use that plan because they will feel just fine.
I agree. Even though I did have some side effects for 36 hours or so after the second shot, they were mild and over with by the evening of the day after the shot. If I had HAD to go in to work, I could have, but I just planned it for over a weekend and a day I wasn't going to be doing anything anyway. I mean, I wouldn't have wanted to go out on the lake or anything like that but I was fine laying around taking the occasional Tylenol or aspirin and watching movies in my jammies! It was almost but not quite nice.

Old 05-08-2021, 08:31 AM

5,238 posts, read 4,026,037 times
To Deserterer and Kathryn… sorry, I didn’t mean to scare or offend anyone with what I wrote. If anything, I was just trying to prepare people, just in case they happen to have side-effects. The problem is that no-one knows beforehand, if they are going to have side-effects or not.

Personally, I will be more prepared for my second vaccine, and get a load of ready prepared meals in before the event. I am a full time Carer to my husband, who is in a wheelchair because he has Multiple Sclerosis.

Being his Carer, I managed to get my first vaccine done at the same time as him, as he is in an “At Risk” group, in the UK. The problem was… we both ended up feeling rough at the same time, for the next few days. And as I am the one who has to make meals for him, my daughter and myself, I just wish I’d been a bit more prepared before my vaccine.

Old 05-08-2021, 08:49 AM

5,623 posts, read 4,167,034 times
Quote:
To Deserterer and Kathryn… sorry, I didn’t mean to scare or offend anyone with what I wrote. If anything, I was just trying to prepare people, just in case they happen to have side-effects. The problem is that no-one knows beforehand, if they are going to have side-effects or not. .

I know that, and didn't mean to pick on you. It was just the way it was worded, and the bothersome trend that some people reading this think everyone is having side effects.

They aren't. Most people have no side effects, or at worst a sore injection site.

Old 05-08-2021, 09:38 AM

67,655 posts, read 60,289,862 times
Quote:
To Deserterer and Kathryn… sorry, I didn’t mean to scare or offend anyone with what I wrote. If anything, I was just trying to prepare people, just in case they happen to have side-effects. The problem is that no-one knows beforehand, if they are going to have side-effects or not.

Personally, I will be more prepared for my second vaccine, and get a load of ready prepared meals in before the event. I am a full time Carer to my husband, who is in a wheelchair because he has Multiple Sclerosis.

Being his Carer, I managed to get my first vaccine done at the same time as him, as he is in an “At Risk” group, in the UK. The problem was… we both ended up feeling rough at the same time, for the next few days. And as I am the one who has to make meals for him, my daughter and myself, I just wish I’d been a bit more prepared before my vaccine.
Oh no worries at all. I am sorry that you had bothersome symptoms by the way. At least they are short lived generally! If someone has them, that is. Many people don't. But I think it's best to be prepared for the worst and just hope for the best!

That's why when I had my two shots, I intentionally didn't plan anything for that day or the next and though I had zero negative symptoms after shot #1, I did have a few after shot #2 so I was glad I cleared my schedule. I had a rather nice time laying around in pajamas binge watching something or other. Can't really remember because I think I slept a lot - LOL.

Anyway, suddenly at 8 pm on the dot, the fever left and I felt GREAT. Not just good, not just OK, but great. I think it had to do with sleeping all day - Ha! Anyway, I had a burst of energy and so I went and cleaned out a closet!

Old 05-08-2021, 12:03 PM

26,637 posts, read 28,457,627 times
Besides the sore arm, headache and fatigue, the vast majority of people don't do that badly. I saw a bunch of friends and we were all comparing side effects and the couple who had Moderna were knocked out for a day or so. They were the worst. The woman had chills also for a very short time. I held a little party for nine people, all fully vaccinated and well past the safety period and we did not wear masks so what little nuisance of side effects is far outweighed by the benefits.

Old 05-08-2021, 01:11 PM

6,916 posts, read 3,896,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
Pretty similar to me the day after Moderna #2...very tired, mild headache, low grade fever (99.8), and very sore left arm...only lasted one day...fine after that.
Thankfully, today I'm feeling much better. Only thing is that my arm is still a little tender, but all my other side effects are gone.

Old 05-08-2021, 01:21 PM

20,835 posts, read 28,164,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
Yes. And how!!!

Moderna #2, yesterday.

Right now I have severe body aches, alternating between chills and fever, I feel like I've been body slammed, and like my left arm was punched by Bruce Lee doing his close punch.
This is how I felt on Tuesday. It will get better.

Old 05-08-2021, 01:25 PM

6,916 posts, read 3,896,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
Not true!

But some of us WILL have side effects, and it is important for people to be prepared for that possibility. My side effects I had yesterday knocked me right on my behind and on through the floor. I read the Moderna thread before my 1st dose last month, so I knew that side effects were a possibility, as well that after the 2nd dose they tend to be more severe. That exactly how it played out.

I would have been more scared if I hadn't seen coming what I went through yesterday, because it was not pleasant at all. I wasn't bedridden by choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness