Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2021, 10:04 AM

6,343 posts, read 2,893,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocall View Post
The publication you cite indicates the problem noted there is due to the adjuvants in those particular vaccines. The Moderna and Pfizer vaccines do not contain adjuvants.

https://www.formulaction.com/en/abou...and-efficiency
They have polyethylene glycol though. That is thought to be the possible cause of some adverse reactions.

https://bjanaesthesia.org/article/S0...009-6/fulltext

And no one knows what caused Guillain-Barré Syndrome in the 1976 flu vaccine.
https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/co...-syndrome.html

Old 02-15-2021, 10:33 AM

10,552 posts, read 7,747,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rom623 View Post
Imo its unfortunate there is no sub-forum for the vaccine as it is being authorized under emergency use...]
You can discuss in the gigantic coronavirus thread found in Current Events forum.

Old 02-15-2021, 10:36 AM

5,710 posts, read 4,284,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
They have polyethylene glycol though. That is thought to be the possible cause of some adverse reactions.

https://bjanaesthesia.org/article/S0...009-6/fulltext

But we do know that vaccines have protected infinitely more people than they have harmed. Nothing in life is without risk, including sleeping on your couch.

On a clear afternoon in 1954, Ann was napping on her couch, covered by quilts, when a softball-size hunk of black rock broke through the ceiling, bounced off a radio, and hit her in the thigh, leaving a pineapple-shaped bruise.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/n...nce-space-hit/

Old 02-15-2021, 10:41 AM

10,552 posts, read 7,747,342 times
Quote:
No GB syndrome has developed as a result of Covid vaccine so far.

Flu illness much more likely to cause GB than flu vaccine.

Old 02-15-2021, 11:38 AM

9,512 posts, read 6,098,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZgarden View Post
I have not found anyone who has gotten the side effects I got: severe sinus infection with congestion and neck/shoulder/back ache. The headache is tremendous. It didn't start until a week later and its now been 11 days. I am doing everything I can to get rid of the symptoms but it just doesn't want to leave. I have rheumatoid arthritis and am 78. Wish I had not tried so hard to get the shot and now I probably won't get the second shot in March. It was Moderna.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
My friend is 34 and healthy. She got covid a little while back. She got the 1st shot and got ill. She threw up and passed out and her brother took her to the hospital. She’s fine now but is a bit concerned about the second shot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola The yorkie View Post
Definitely side effects of Pfizer vaccine is minimal to Moderna....sore arm, maybe aches, like a flu shot..

Just spent the weekend with a hubby who got Moderna dose 2 on Friday..

He truly was very sick...fever, chills, bad headache, very sore arm, body aches and weakness in legs that he could barely walk..
Yes he is 81, but very active
Literature actually says that older folks can have LESS side effects
There is a video on UTube of a nurse, age 22.....she was bedridden for two days..age 22

Haven’t heard of anyone who got Moderna that didn’t have some level of significant side effects..

Pfizer much less
Quote:
Originally Posted by writerwife View Post
My parents, both extremely active, got their first vaccine 4 days ago. Mom is 81, dad is almost 86. Neither of them look or act their age. They got the Pfizer. The next day mom was extremely fatigued/weak. She could barely get out of her chair or walk (and she never sits much throughout the day), she just had an all over achy, icky feeling beside the fatigue. I was concerned. She's gotten a little better now but is complaining that her eyeballs feel cold (never heard that before). She did say that her arm doesn't hurt as she was kind of expecting it to. Dad has had no side effects. I am somewhat concerned about mom with that 2nd vaccine.
Hoping everyone who has had an adverse reaction starts feeling better. If you have received the vaccine, you are the data. Your experience is important for those monitoring vaccine safety. All adverse events should be reported to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System.

https://vaers.hhs.gov/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktikos View Post
You can discuss in the gigantic coronavirus thread found in Current Events forum.
No you can't. Trust me on this.

Last edited by coschristi; 02-15-2021 at 11:51 AM..

Old 02-15-2021, 12:37 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,568,432 times
Guillain Barre stays in your body. If your immune system is temporarily weakened or overloaded, it will reemerge. Unless you have immunity to the virus, you'll eventually get it whether you get a vaccine or not.

Old 02-15-2021, 01:46 PM

6,503 posts, read 3,433,298 times
Quote:
I have been reading that people who have already had covid have more side effects from the vaccine than people who never had covid. I had the Pfizer vaccine a couple of weeks ago and only had some minor side effects. But I highly suspect I had covid early in the pandemic from trips to Boston where there are Wuhan students at the music conservatory. I'm also reading that the second vaccine dose gives more side effects. In another week I should get the second dose.

Second COVID Shot Packs the Big Punch
— First dose also worse for those with previous COVID, but "small price to pay" for protection

https://www.medpagetoday.com/special...clusives/91157
The voice criticizing vaccines aren't just radicals. Often, they are simply those whose employers offer them extended absence and salary protection for COVID, but NOT any such protections for side effects from the vaccine.

The point of me getting a vaccine is so that I won't experience any symptoms of a disease. Without symptoms, what is a disease to me? Nothing. The symptoms are what I, as a Joe Everyman patient, am trying to avoid.

If I get a shot from which greater than 50% of patients experience fever, headache, and chills (according to the manufacturers themselves) or I can go about my life and every year have a single digit chance of contracting it... guess what I'm going to do?

Preventive measures shouldn't make us sick. Again, perception of the general public, SYMPTOMS = SICKNESS.

I get 5 sick days per year = 40 hrs. I cannot afford to waste ONE for an unprotected event. FMLA won't get approved for vaccine reactions.

Old 02-15-2021, 01:47 PM

1,500 posts, read 885,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Hoping everyone who has had an adverse reaction starts feeling better. If you have received the vaccine, you are the data. Your experience is important for those monitoring vaccine safety. All adverse events should be reported to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System.

https://vaers.hhs.gov/

No you can't. Trust me on this.

Not sure these side effects are considered adverse or worthy of reporting...all the literature warns of them..

Guillian Barre.yes is reportable, can result in paralysis......I just read up on it, said it actually is an autoimmune reaction....not sure always why...one outcome like that, I would never get a vaccine again.

Hubby finally recovered from Moderna dose 2... miserable weekend tho..
Now he goes for shoulder surgery tomorrow...that is never fun post op....I will treat the pain..lucky to have a nurse wife, huh?

My opinion only...not giving medical advice!

Old 02-15-2021, 01:53 PM

8,227 posts, read 3,418,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio60 View Post
I know several people who wished they never got the Covid vaccine since they are experiencing severe side effects (if you want to know the side effects I will post them) after having the vaccine 2 to 3 weeks later.

Personally I would never get the vaccine but that's me. I enjoy researching in my spare time and what I have read scares the heck out of me!

Good luck!
Same here. I have read everything I could find about the mRNA vaccines. There are some experts who are very skeptical.

Please post the side effects you heard about. The mainstream health sites are not admitting any side effects past the first couple of days.

Old 02-15-2021, 02:19 PM

8,227 posts, read 3,418,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktikos View Post
The immune response is usually over after 7 days so it's quite likely your symptoms are from something else.
USUALLY. How the heck would they know? It would not be the same for everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness