Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2021, 08:04 AM

67,652 posts, read 60,351,321 times

Advertisements

I've only had the first of the two Pfizer vaccines. It's been four days now. The only side effect so far has been very mild soreness in my arm at the injection site - but that was even gone after the second day. Much milder than the soreness from many other vaccines over the years, and the shot itself was painless.

Just signed up to be notified for my second shot. I'm not worried.

Old 02-16-2021, 08:18 AM

29,866 posts, read 11,469,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Get your vitamins. Vitamin C. Vitamin D. Take zinc if you think you're getting sick. And there's other treatments like Hydrochloroquine which now they admit is effective.
I take vitamins daily. Have so for 20 plus years. exercise daily, no underlying health issues, non smoker and I got really ill from covid, had to go to the ER. I was put on oxygen.

People outside the medical field should not be giving out medical advise. Covid is not the sniffles. Knowing what I know now about how scary covid can be I would most certainly get the vaccine and not roll the dice with whatever snake oil people are pushing out there. Although I do have some concern as to long term effects of the vaccine.

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 02-16-2021 at 08:29 AM..

Old 02-16-2021, 08:56 AM

4,942 posts, read 2,194,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
And if he talked to my aunt of similar age, who got covid before she could get the vaccine and is still fighting its effects after a month, with lung scarring and just being rushed to the ER from internal bleeding exacerbated by the blood thinners they give you to prevent covid thrombosis, he just might choose to get the 2nd dose. But he should take his own advice and get a medical first. Its not the vaccine's fault if he had an undetected UTI.
Dad has friends and acquaintances around his age that have contracted COVID. He is fully aware of risks and he has made his decision.

Per Dad's treating physicians (four at current count), all agreed that the vaccine caused an immune response that led to a rapid worsening of his UTI. By rapid worsening, a few hours after experiencing a burning sensation, he was in the ER. Additionally, all physicians concurred they had seen an uptick in hospitalizations of elderly patients with vaccination complications due to otherwise mild, undetected illnesses.

This OP inquired about COVID vaccine experiences. I shared our experience along with the opinions of the treating physicians. Whether or not you approve is immaterial.

Old 02-16-2021, 08:58 AM

4,942 posts, read 2,194,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post

Please report that to VAERS. Undetected UTIs run rampant in the elderly. If it was predisposing to a near fatal adverse event they need to know that so they can recommend a simple UA prior to immunization for the elderly.
https://vaers.hhs.gov/
Thanks, coschristi, I will do so today.

Old 02-16-2021, 09:12 AM

5,647 posts, read 4,180,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
Dad has friends and acquaintances around his age that have contracted COVID. He is fully aware of risks and he has made his decision.

Per Dad's treating physicians (four at current count), all agreed that the vaccine caused an immune response that led to a rapid worsening of his UTI. By rapid worsening, a few hours after experiencing a burning sensation, he was in the ER. Additionally, all physicians concurred they had seen an uptick in hospitalizations of elderly patients with vaccination complications due to otherwise mild, undetected illnesses.

This OP inquired about COVID vaccine experiences. I shared our experience along with the opinions of the treating physicians. Whether or not you approve is immaterial.

I neither approve nor disapprove, its your father's decision. I merely point out that getting covid will likely result in a less favorable outcome than the vaccine.

What's immaterial and purely anecdotal is your assurance that "all physicians concurred they had seen an uptick in hospitalizations of elderly patients with vaccination complications due to otherwise mild, undetected illnesses."

Old 02-16-2021, 09:34 AM
Status: "A solution in search of a problem" (set 21 days ago)

34,545 posts, read 16,611,262 times
My professional mentor, who in 75 and hasn't gotten sick since he had Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever in late August 2001 was laid low the day after his second Covid shot. He's fine today, two days after the shot.

Old 02-16-2021, 12:09 PM

15 posts, read 15,510 times
Sore arm after 1st dose of Moderna. After 2nd shot, I had a mild fever, muscle aches, bit of a headache so I just took the next day off from work. Didn't take Tylenol or anything. Back to work the day after that.

I've had colleagues who did not suffer any side effects at all after vaccination.

Old 02-16-2021, 12:53 PM

176 posts, read 235,390 times
I have had both doses of the Moderna vaccine. I've had a very odd thing happen. I seem to have developed Dupuytren's Contracture. This is usually a slow, progressive syndrome of unknown cause generally affecting men(I'm a woman). After the first vaccine I developed a little knot in the palm of my hand. It got larger, then another knot right above it appeared. Only then did I start to get concerned and looked up what might be the cause.After figuring it out, I remembered my father had it and eventually had to have surgery for it so I'm totally surprised that I might have eventually gotten it- but it's the rate that it's happened!! No lumps in early January and now 2 lumps and it's affecting my ring finger dexterity. It's like this disease is on steroids in my body. I am convinced that the vaccine has accelerated what might have been latent in my body. If Moderna offers a booster in the Fall I will not be getting it.

Old 02-16-2021, 01:11 PM

1,488 posts, read 872,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkjewel View Post
I have had both doses of the Moderna vaccine. I've had a very odd thing happen. I seem to have developed Dupuytren's Contracture. This is usually a slow, progressive syndrome of unknown cause generally affecting men(I'm a woman). After the first vaccine I developed a little knot in the palm of my hand. It got larger, then another knot right above it appeared. Only then did I start to get concerned and looked up what might be the cause.After figuring it out, I remembered my father had it and eventually had to have surgery for it so I'm totally surprised that I might have eventually gotten it- but it's the rate that it's happened!! No lumps in early January and now 2 lumps and it's affecting my ring finger dexterity. It's like this disease is on steroids in my body. I am convinced that the vaccine has accelerated what might have been latent in my body. If Moderna offers a booster in the Fall I will not be getting it.
Wow...that’s a new one...
I would see a doc for advice..

Old 02-16-2021, 01:20 PM

176 posts, read 235,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola The yorkie View Post
Wow...that’s a new one...
I would see a doc for advice..
I plan on it. Unfortunately there is no cure and treatment is usually only suggested if it gets worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness