Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2021, 03:24 PM

134 posts, read 118,753 times

Advertisements

What is recommended and something that would accept Medicaid? Called one called "teledoc" (teledoc.com) today and all I got was a "live" ad with a woman wanting to set me up with one of those chest emergency buttons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2021, 07:24 PM

5,424 posts, read 3,492,007 times
Have you looked on www.medicare.gov? They should be able to help you find what you need. Good luck!

Old 02-24-2021, 04:44 PM

15,250 posts, read 12,960,932 times
The OP specified Medicaid.

There may be more telemed services but I only know of two: MDLive and Plushcare. You'd have to contact them to find out if they do Medicaid.

Old 02-24-2021, 07:52 PM

5,424 posts, read 3,492,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
The OP specified Medicaid.
I recently got a booklet in the mail called "Medicare & You 2021" and it mentions Medicaid quite a bit that's why I thought the Medicare link might be helpful.

I hope the OP gets the help he needs!

Old 02-25-2021, 02:44 PM

8,238 posts, read 6,581,692 times
https://blog.evisit.com/virtual-care...lehealth-state

Does Medicaid Reimburse for Telehealth in My State?

Medicaid Coverage for Live Telemedicine

"To make things simple, we're focusing specifically on live telemedicine (think videochat) for now. If you'd like to learn more about how Medicaid covers store-and-forward or remote patient monitoring, check out our Medicaid page.

9 states and the District of Columbia have laws specifically mandating coverage for live telemedicine services under their Medicaid programs:

California
Colorado
Kentucky
Maryland
Minnesota
Mississippi
Nebraska
Texas
Vermont
District of Columbia
While many other states don't have state laws requiring Medicaid coverage of telehealth, almost all states (except Connecticut and Rhode Island) have some form of coverage for live telemedicine within their Medicaid programs. They just don't mandate it at the state level.

Types of Healthcare Providers Allowed to Bill Medicaid for Telehealth

Many Medicaid programs will specify which healthcare providers can bill for telehealth. So even if you're in a state that mandates Medicaid coverage of telehealth, you need to make sure you're following the guidelines on which healthcare providers can offer telehealth (and get paid for it).

The good news is - sixteen states and D.C. have no restrictions on which healthcare providers are allowed to bill for telemedicine through their state Medicaid programs. Here's the list:

North Dakota
South Dakota
Iowa
Kansas
Oklahoma
New Mexico
Nevada
Oregon
Louisiana
Mississippi
Tennessee
Michigan
Maine
Vermont
New Hampshire
Massachusetts
Delaware

The above info is from 2016, so follow instructions below if your state is not listed above:

If your state isn't on that list, it means your Medicaid program has a specific list of healthcare providers who can bill for telehealth. You'll need to check your manual, or find your state here https://www.cchpca.org/telehealth-po...ment-policies# for the details. Note that if you're located in Florida, Idaho, or Montana, Medicaid only covers telehealth services practiced by physicians."

Last edited by matisse12; 02-25-2021 at 03:34 PM..

Old 02-25-2021, 02:57 PM

8,238 posts, read 6,581,692 times
OP, you're not also on Medicare along with being on Medicaid, are you?
(there are some people who are, and they are called 'dual beneficiaries'.

I ask because Doctor on Demand (telehealth service) https://www.doctorondemand.com covers people who have Part B of Medicare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness