Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2021, 08:21 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,352,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayekaye View Post
No Americans don’t get enough salt. Read these doctors. It’s one thing to just blindly believe the status quo and parrot the party line. It’s another to find new research and learn something new.

Type 2 diabetes is all about carbs and sugar. It can be totally reversed by cutting out all grains, sugar and most fruits. Low carb high fat. Start reading buddy! And of course big pharma is behind it. Who makes any money if diabetics change their diet and get healed—without medicine.
Wait - if diabetics eat enough salt, surely that will cure them...right? I mean they probably need a LOT of salt....but hey - we aren't even talking about diabetics. Gimme a pound of (double) salty bacon a day and I'll be as healthy as a horse!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2021, 08:59 PM

10,888 posts, read 7,370,074 times
Quote:
No Americans don’t get enough salt. Read these doctors. It’s one thing to just blindly believe the status quo and parrot the party line. It’s another to find new research and learn something new.
And it's yet a third thing to blindly believe what a few doctors say, then insist that EVERYONE should eat more salt.

Old 02-26-2021, 02:08 AM

596 posts, read 302,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
And it's yet a third thing to blindly believe what a few doctors say, then insist that EVERYONE should eat more salt.
Agree. It's been mentioned throughout this thread that you should look for studies that are peer reviewed and meta tested. These are things that people that make claims like these can never supply (exactly why you shouldn't treat the claims as valid). In addition, at no point did the OP actually define what was meant by "low salt".

Old 02-26-2021, 01:22 PM

4,096 posts, read 6,212,304 times
Almost everybody does need more salt. We need to change the daily recommendations for salt. It sounds bad to those who follow the standard American diet (SAD). All the recommendations I make are from doctors that are choosing to go beyond the standard stuck in the 70s medical advice. To counter my opinions with standard medical advice is using the old yardstick. To keep telling me the earth is flat when I am saying it’s round is not comparing apples to apples. Yes we all know this and such about the standard American diet. It proves nothing. I am just saying, read some of theses books to see what informed doctors are saying.

Old 02-26-2021, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Wait - if diabetics eat enough salt, surely that will cure them...right? I mean they probably need a LOT of salt....but hey - we aren't even talking about diabetics. Gimme a pound of (double) salty bacon a day and I'll be as healthy as a horse!

Originally Posted by JONOV
Americans get plenty of salt. I suppose the Dialysis centers that are seemingly all over the place are just another big pharma plot?
I did make the leap from diabetes to dialysis because “About 25% of people with diabetes eventually develop kidney disease.” Mayo Clinic https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20354556

Old 02-26-2021, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Well by that standard we would still be sailing off the edge of the flat earth and believe the earth was the center of the universe.

Old 02-27-2021, 10:16 AM

10,888 posts, read 7,370,074 times
Quote:
Well by that standard we would still be sailing off the edge of the flat earth and believe the earth was the center of the universe.
I see your position as similar to someone who read a conspiracy blog, and now insists men never landed on the moon.

Maybe more salt is needed by many, but you have only posted opinions, not evidence.
Maybe the moon landing never happened, too.

I try to balance the information I read, and compare the evidence provided with new ideas against the evidence for the old ideas. I don't think there is incontrovertible proof either way (about salt, let's skip flat earth and moon landings) to make a blanket statement that everybody needs more salt.

Old 02-28-2021, 07:00 PM

Quote:
I see your position as similar to someone who read a conspiracy blog, and now insists men never landed on the moon.

Maybe more salt is needed by many, but you have only posted opinions, not evidence.
Maybe the moon landing never happened, too.

I try to balance the information I read, and compare the evidence provided with new ideas against the evidence for the old ideas. I don't think there is incontrovertible proof either way (about salt, let's skip flat earth and moon landings) to make a blanket statement that everybody needs more salt.
I have posted AMA doctors and writers that outline the proof. Research for yourself. I am neither a conspiracy buff nor simply opinionated. I am saying the new medical research supports a change. However the old medical status quo is hand in hand with big pharma. Simple diet changes can improve, heal and cure just about everything from heart disease, arthritis, type 2 diabetes to ADHA. No money to be in that. So the doctors keep writing out the meds scripts.

We need to move away from outdated medical advice and research the data. Every science breakthrough of a old has come via a maverick. But now we turn our noses up to new valid results. We need to read more and try it for yourself. One month of any diet won’t kill you. Bit one month on these outlined in the books below can vastly improve and even heal.

Dr. William Davis Cardiologist, Wheat Belly.
https://www.amazon.com/Wheat-Belly-R...s%2C191&sr=8-1

Dr. Ken Barry GP, Lies My Doctor Told Me
https://www.amazon.com/Lies-My-Docto...s%2C190&sr=8-1

James Dinicolantonio Pharmacy and cardiovascular research scientist.
https://www.amazon.com/Salt-Fix-Expe...s%2C198&sr=8-1

Old 02-28-2021, 08:23 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,393,301 times
Quote:
I have posted AMA doctors and writers that outline the proof. Research for yourself. I am neither a conspiracy buff nor simply opinionated. I am saying the new medical research supports a change. However the old medical status quo is hand in hand with big pharma. Simple diet changes can improve, heal and cure just about everything from heart disease, arthritis, type 2 diabetes to ADHA. No money to be in that. So the doctors keep writing out the meds scripts.

We need to move away from outdated medical advice and research the data. Every science breakthrough of a old has come via a maverick. But now we turn our noses up to new valid results. We need to read more and try it for yourself. One month of any diet won’t kill you. Bit one month on these outlined in the books below can vastly improve and even heal.

Dr. William Davis Cardiologist, Wheat Belly.
https://www.amazon.com/Wheat-Belly-R...s%2C191&sr=8-1

Dr. Ken Barry GP, Lies My Doctor Told Me
https://www.amazon.com/Lies-My-Docto...s%2C190&sr=8-1

James Dinicolantonio Pharmacy and cardiovascular research scientist.
https://www.amazon.com/Salt-Fix-Expe...s%2C198&sr=8-1
1. Davis has made millions of dollars selling his Wheatbelly book, which uses evidence, rather than science, to prove a theory that has been debunked by actual science. Wheat - modern or otherwise - is not a "toxic poison" (his words - because of course there is such a thing as a non-toxic poison so he has to specify which kind, right?)

2. It's Ken BErry, not Ken BArry. and it's MD, not GP. And he lost his license for 2 years, in 2018, for unprofessional conduct, so no, he's not an "AMA doctor." He insists people are carnivores - which flies in the face of science and evolution, which shows we are omnivores.

3. James Dinicolantonio is another fringe guy who worked with Mercola to write a book. Nuff said on that one.

None of those three are credible medical scientific sources of anything at all, in any capacity whatsoever.

Old 02-28-2021, 10:06 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,099,936 times
Quote:
I have posted AMA doctors and writers that outline the proof. Research for yourself. I am neither a conspiracy buff nor simply opinionated. I am saying the new medical research supports a change.[/url]
How much are you getting a day? Do you check your blood pressure often?

Sinatra recommends 2-3grams , which really isnt much, a teaspoon.

Quote:
The general recommendation in the U.S. for sodium intake has been 2.3 g (about a teaspoon) a day, and 1.5 g if you are over 50; this echoed the American Heart Association (AHA)’s position until recently, when the AHA changed its recommendation to less than 1.5 grams for all adults. Problem is, three major heart failure studies show that less than 1.8 g significantly increases morbidity and mortality compared with individuals who take 2.8 g.
Quote:
One of the studies cited in the review was a trial involving retired Taiwanese men. It showed that an average intake of 3.8 g improved survival compared to 5.3 g.
Quote:
One non-debatable fact is that most sodium intake comes from processed foods overloaded with salt, and you can easily and quickly exceed healthy levels. Among the most overloaded salty items are fast foods, soy sauces, salad dressings, bacon, sausage and sandwich meats, snacks, salted nuts, pickled foods, and soups, broths and gravies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness