Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2021, 09:24 AM

6,219 posts, read 5,936,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayekaye View Post
I have posted AMA doctors and writers that outline the proof.
There are plenty of people with MDs who engage in quackery. And plenty of quacks who publish best sellers. There's a lot of money in quackery. If you want to risk your health following these losers, feel free to do so -- but quit trying to convert the rest of us to this nonsense.

Quote:
Dr. William Davis Cardiologist, Wheat Belly.
Quack:

Wheat Belly, Busted

Quote:
Dr. Ken Barry [sic] GP, Lies My Doctor Told Me
Quack:

https://threader.app/thread/1180579764622352389

Quote:
James Dinicolantonio Pharmacy and cardiovascular research scientist.
Quack:

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/James_...e_Telegraph-16
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2021, 09:28 AM

102,183 posts, read 107,774,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by terracore View Post
I had a co-worker who read that rubbish and started putting salt into everything, even his bottled water. He was always trying to offer me salt and even bought these individual sized salt packets to add to his water, etc.

At his next physical his blood pressure was off the charts. They even tried putting him on light duty because the BP was dangerously high.

Guess what, he stopped adding salt to everything and he's fine now.
It's not necessary to add salt to bottled water, if you get the kind that's electrolyte-enhanced. (And it doesn't affect your BP, lol.) While some brands of that are expensive, Whole Foods and Sprouts have their own in-house brands that cost a fraction of the regular commercial brands.

The video advocates the "pink" salts, like Himalayan salt, which is highly mineralized naturally, but everyone I know who's tried it says, it makes their BP spike. It had that effect on me, too.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 03-01-2021 at 09:37 AM..

Old 03-01-2021, 09:35 AM

102,183 posts, read 107,774,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayekaye View Post
No Americans don’t get enough salt. Read these doctors. It’s one thing to just blindly believe the status quo and parrot the party line. It’s another to find new research and learn something new.

Type 2 diabetes is all about carbs and sugar. It can be totally reversed by cutting out all grains, sugar and most fruits. Low carb high fat. Start reading buddy! And of course big pharma is behind it. Who makes any money if diabetics change their diet and get healed—without medicine.
Speaking as someone who's been dealing with pre-diabetes for decades, I'd like to fine-tune your statement to say, that diabetes can't be "healed" or "cured" with diet, as the patient will always be vulnerable to its return. But it definitely can be held at bay with a low-carb diet. People can get off insulin that way. But they'll have to stick with a special diet their whole life. "Healed" in my book means they can resume a more "normal" diet, where they don't have to worry about carbs.

There's also an alternative blood-sugar control diet for diabetics that works for some; it's an all-vegetarian diet, without animal protein. I don't understand how that could work, but it does for some people, so there does seem to be more to the diabetes story than the low-carb strategy.

Old 03-01-2021, 01:15 PM

10,887 posts, read 7,366,706 times
I've been reading about gut bacteria lately. Some research (mostly on mice so far) seems to indicate that many diseases can be reversed or cured by changing the gut biome.

I've seen claims that "bad" gut bacteria are responsible for obesity, IBS, acid reflux, diabetes, cancer, dementia, bad driving, poor relationship choices, and pretty much every other ailment know to man, and they can all be cured by inoculation or proper feeding of "good" bacteria.

Even if not all the claims pan out, I expect this will result in some useful therapies.

Old 03-01-2021, 06:13 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,680,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Speaking as someone who's been dealing with pre-diabetes for decades, I'd like to fine-tune your statement to say, that diabetes can't be "healed" or "cured" with diet, as the patient will always be vulnerable to its return. But it definitely can be held at bay with a low-carb diet. People can get off insulin that way. But they'll have to stick with a special diet their whole life. "Healed" in my book means they can resume a more "normal" diet, where they don't have to worry about carbs.

There's also an alternative blood-sugar control diet for diabetics that works for some; it's an all-vegetarian diet, without animal protein. I don't understand how that could work, but it does for some people, so there does seem to be more to the diabetes story than the low-carb strategy.
Is it better to eat all meats or all plant? It all depends on the quality. If I ate grass finished meats and organ meats than muscle meat. It is way better. Not many people eat organ meat. As for plants based, most plant eaters eat too much beans and grains. Not eating enough leafy plants, algae or fungus. Too many people are also eating the gimmick processed stuff like processed vegan cheese or meats those things highly processed and not good for you.

What the low Salt fix book tells us is that many bodily functions depends on sodium, chloride, and iodine. And many vegans do not get enough iodine at all. Sodium is important for hormonal balance and chloride helps the body maintain good gut ph balance to prevent toxicity of the gut bacteria.

Anybody that tells you to eat low salt, is trying to sell you other fixes.

Old 03-01-2021, 07:47 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,349,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Is it better to eat all meats or all plant? It all depends on the quality. If I ate grass finished meats and organ meats than muscle meat. It is way better. Not many people eat organ meat. As for plants based, most plant eaters eat too much beans and grains. Not eating enough leafy plants, algae or fungus. Too many people are also eating the gimmick processed stuff like processed vegan cheese or meats those things highly processed and not good for you.

What the low Salt fix book tells us is that many bodily functions depends on sodium, chloride, and iodine. And many vegans do not get enough iodine at all. Sodium is important for hormonal balance and chloride helps the body maintain good gut ph balance to prevent toxicity of the gut bacteria.

Anybody that tells you to eat low salt, is trying to sell you other fixes.
Anybody that tells you just because your body uses sodium that you need a high salt diet is a scam as well. Our bodies use lots of stuff - that doesn't mean that more, more, more is better. The "middle way" is usually best. People get very prideful that no one but them is doing "enough" or no one is "depriving themself" as much as they therefore only they are healthy...phooey.

Old 03-03-2021, 02:32 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,808,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post

But what do you know about having too much sodium and chloride? The body can easily and quickly get rid of sodium and chloride as long as you are not dehydrating yourself with salt. Watch the video and the doctor explains how the body retains and gets rid of salt. It's another misdiagnose by mainstream medical practice to simply tell people to ease the salt when it is not harmful at all unless your body is dehydrated.

Then again she does drink a lot of water so maybe she gets just the right amount. All in all I don't think she has a deficiency. Maybe the high blood pressure is caused by the stress.

Old 03-05-2021, 08:57 AM

5,517 posts, read 2,402,244 times
Wow you finally woke up and realized that one compound is not bad for you. Now if you would actually do your research and admit that sugar and carbs individually are not bad for you either that would be great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness