Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2021, 05:38 PM

5,927 posts, read 3,693,478 times

Advertisements

There seems to be two different lines of thinking in regard to this issue and everyone falls into one or the other group. The first group consists of people who have decided that it makes sense for them to get the Covid vaccine, and therefore, by extension, they think that everyone else should get it also. In fact, most of them go so far as to favoring a requirement for everyone to get it or else not be allowed on airplanes, in schools, in restaurants, or pretty much anywhere in public.

The second group consists of people who think that everyone should have the right to decide for himself whether to get the vaccine and that no one should be shamed, coerced, intimidated, or forced to get the vaccine if he/she doesn't want to.

I am in the second group. I believe that every individual should have the right to choose what to allow to be injected into their bodies. I have no problem with either group trying to convince the undecided that their group is the best choice for them, but at the end of the day, it should be each individual's decision as to what to allow to be injected into his/her own body.

The argument that what others choose to do may affect people other than himself because the vaccines are not guaranteed to work is, in fact, an argument that supports the right of each individual to decide for himself because what that argument is saying, in essence, is that you should be forced to take a vaccine with no guarantee that it will even work and no guarantee that the vaccine itself won't harm you.

An individual should be allowed to decide for himself which risks concern him the most and act accordingly. Once we decide that it's alright for the government or "medical experts" to tell us what actions we must do for our own good and for the "good of society", then how long will it be before the government and medical officials decide to make daily prescribed physical activities or a certain prescribed diet a requirement and punish those who fail to do them and/or who gain too much weight? It might not be long after that that the government will decide which individuals are a benefit to society and which ones aren't. Of course, that would be followed by a plan to quietly and discretely dispose of those who are no longer considered useful to society.

Be careful the path you start down because it may lead to places you don't want to go.

Old 03-05-2021, 05:46 PM

5,927 posts, read 3,693,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Who's trying to be persuasive? Do you think I care enough about the OP to persuade him to do the right thing?

He came here and dissed his wife, all but calling her gullible. 1st mistake. Then he dissed her family. 2nd mistake.
You have a rather vivid imagination... and that's putting it kindly. Would you care to list just what the OP said that "dissed" anyone? As I read it, the OP is saying that the wife and her family are making him out as the bad guy and making him a "persona non grata" simply because he has not decided to get the vaccine yet, and may not ever decide to get it. Is that "dissing" someone???

Old 03-05-2021, 05:47 PM

1,727 posts, read 2,002,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
And if you do NOT get vaccinated, and end up dead from Covid-19, there is also no recourse.

The thing is though, if you do get covid and your symptoms are bad you have options to help your body. I'm not talking about a ventilator. There is medication that has shown to help patients struggling with covid. Now the CDC won't tell you that, and most doctors in the US won't administrator them to you, even though doctors in other countries will. But you can still get them, as I did, and they can help reduce the impact of covid.

The very fact that pfizer's own CEO hasn't taken his own company's vaccine speaks volumes. If he hasn't taken it why should I trust it's safety?

Old 03-05-2021, 05:51 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,640,610 times
If people will stay on topic, this thread can remain open. NO VACCINE DEBATES though. Just help the OP, provide helpful suggestions. It's about the OP and his wife.

Last edited by in_newengland; 03-07-2021 at 12:28 PM..

Old 03-07-2021, 12:31 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,640,610 times
I don't know if there is much else that anyone can say. The OP is not "scared" of a needle, he seems to be unsure about getting the vaccine right now. The wife is trying to force him to get it now. She must be worried that he will get COVID. I can't blame him for being worried and for wanting to wait a while and make up his own mind but then I also can't blame the wife because she loves him and doesn't want him to get sick or even die. What to do?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.