Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2021, 10:51 AM

3,711 posts, read 2,695,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
So, the vaccine just continues spreading the virus? And at a faster pace, too. Great.
Exactly. A billion questions about the safety of a hyper-rushed vaccine, yet with "the numbers" at all-time low and the flu supposedly cured people still naively lining up for this toxic cocktail. No thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2021, 02:18 AM

2,450 posts, read 972,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeemo View Post
That is false statement without proof. Show any credible evidence otherwise just conspiracy nut statement.
1 of many seemingly healthy people dying after their 2nd Vaccine shot.
https://nypost.com/2021/03/11/utah-m...id-19-vaccine/

Old 03-12-2021, 02:19 AM

2,450 posts, read 972,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I guess the OP has left the building...

Hopefully, the OP didn't die from his vaccine.

Old 03-12-2021, 10:16 AM

6,219 posts, read 5,940,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Time View Post
1 of many seemingly healthy people dying after their 2nd Vaccine shot.
https://nypost.com/2021/03/11/utah-m...id-19-vaccine/
The article says nothing of the kind, and states that the cause of her death is unknown. Dr. Christensen is quoted in the article as follows:

Quote:
Just about every vaccine or anything you do treat someone, when you inject something, has a potential for a negative outcome.
That's why you are given information about vaccines when you receive them. 1.31 per million people die from anaphylaxis associated with their flu vaccinations each year. Ditto with other vaccines.

You claim "many healthy people" are dying following their second COVID shot. That's not true. 55 people have died following the second shot, and more than 80 million doses have been administered. Assuming that's 40 million people, the death rate is 55/40,000,000 = one thousandth of a percent.

Please read the following article -- almost all those who died had one or more existing serious health issues, and many were living in senior living facilities or in hospice care:

https://sharylattkisson.com/2021/01/...o-link-proven/

There is absolutely no rational reason why anyone should be more afraid of getting a COVID vaccine than of getting any other kind of vaccination!! But then, this isn't about reason and logic, is it?

Old 03-13-2021, 06:57 AM

5,710 posts, read 4,282,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I guess the OP has left the building...

A little background research will reveal strong political views, with the accompanying need some such folks have to spread rumors and sow doubts and fears about vaccination.

Old 03-13-2021, 11:06 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,886,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
I asked the vaccine clinic providers about this too...as pre-treating with those OTC meds did seem potentially counterproductive. Taking them after receiving the vaccine was OK, just not before. Which makes sense. I didn't start feeling noticeable side effects from either dose for at least 12 hours. By that time, my immune system would already be well along its learning curve so any suppression would probably be after the fact.
Right. Everything I've read specifies take these AFTER the vaccine if necessary.

I had a few mild side effects after the second vaccine (that evening and then the following evening) but that was nearly a week ago and I've felt fine after the first two days which was off and on and mild anyway.

Old 03-13-2021, 12:08 PM

4,005 posts, read 2,081,166 times
I work with a woman whose daughter is in a study in New York. She had her vaccine months ago, and gets continual migraines. I dont know much about it except that it is going on right now. I will see if I can find out more about it. I only know that her chief complaint is continual migraines since she had the vaccine. I have no idea of the point of the study she is participating in or who is doing that particular study.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/pfize...114500900.html

The above is a Pfizer BionTech study.

https://www.9news.com/article/news/h...2-b0eae1fec2bb

This is an article that talks about how reactions to the vaccine may be worse for people who have had Covid already.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/moder...210900110.html

The above is a Moderna study.

I cant help but be skeptical of studies done by the same company that produced the product, although I also think they should be doing studies. The vaccines are classified as emergency/experimental so it would be a learning opportunity missed if they did not.

In the end, I guess you have a little detective work to do. Check with local teaching hospitals to see if anyone knows anything or is doing any research. Search for research studies in the area where she lives, or nearby large cities.

Old 03-13-2021, 01:47 PM

5,710 posts, read 4,282,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
I work with a woman whose daughter is in a study in New York. She had her vaccine months ago, and gets continual migraines. I dont know much about it except that it is going on right now. I will see if I can find out more about it. I only know that her chief complaint is continual migraines since she had the vaccine. I have no idea of the point of the study she is participating in or who is doing that particular study.

I hope you don't mind me rephrasing this more accurately, to illustrate how little actual information you know:

"I work with a woman whose daughter is supposedly in a study in New York. She supposedly had her vaccine months ago, and supposedly gets continual migraines. I dont know much about it except that it supposedly is going on right now. I will see if I can find out more about it. I only know that her chief complaint is supposedly continual migraines since she supposedly had the vaccine. I have no idea of the point of the study she is supposedly participating in or who is doing that particular supposed study."

Old 03-13-2021, 03:05 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,940,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
I hope you don't mind me rephrasing this more accurately, to illustrate how little actual information you know: ...
The root problem I think is people not understanding the difference between correlation and causation.

Between 80 and 95 percent of alcohol dependent people smoke cigarettes. That's a correlation. The only conclusion that can be drawn from that is that there's some relationship between drinking and smoking -- not that cigarette smoking causes heavy drinking, or that heavy drinking causes cigarette smoking.

The fact that someone who got a vaccine developed continual migraines is a correlation -- it does not establish a causal relationship between migraines and vaccination. Someone who's predisposed to an antivaxxer viewpoint (like the people in this thread calling the vaccine "poison") is going to be on the lookout for "evidence" that "supports" their viewpoint -- and ignore or dismiss evidence that does not support it. Like all the millions of people who have gotten the vaccine and have not had continual migraines since.

Further, I'll point out that the scientific method doesn't work with single data points -- like one someone that developed migraines after vaccination, which may or may not be a coincidence. That's why studies involve a lot of data, and follow up studies examining even more data.

Old 03-14-2021, 07:23 AM

30,143 posts, read 11,778,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Time View Post
The vaccine will kill more people than the Rona.
No it will not. Very irresponsible to spread this nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness