Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2021, 03:50 PM

1,378 posts, read 412,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
This is a covid related question. With vaccines rolling out, once you get your vaccine will you feel comfortable going back to your office if you haven't already? Or would you prefer to work at home ?

We were told to work from home until the end of June. I would be very surprised if we all go back on July 1. There's been talk of hybrid but no one knows what that will look like. I am kind of getting anxious about what the overall plan will be. It sounds like many employers are telling people to just keep working from home then others are leaving employees in the dark a bit. I'm guessing it's because they don't know.
I work in healthcare so we had to work through the virus. If they decided tomorrow that we didn't need our masks anymore I'd hafta get my dr to write a note allowing me to. Otherwise I'd be freaking out. If I get the virus it will quite likely kill me.

They probably don't have a game plan yet for you. They're likely waiting to see where things are by then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2021, 03:56 PM

4,005 posts, read 2,081,502 times
I work in a hospital. Ive been riding the bus and going to my job as normal since the virus first landed in the US. Work from home was not at all an option for me.

The way I look at it, if I was going to get it, I would have had it by now. Despite my close exposure to the virus (one would think how could I have missed it?) I dont even have the antibody.

I cant wait for everyone to get back to work, and things start inching back to something we all called "normal".

Old 03-07-2021, 03:58 PM

16,346 posts, read 8,174,665 times
There will just be more traffic when everyone goes back.

Old 03-07-2021, 04:13 PM

7,235 posts, read 4,546,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Im not necessarily scared to return. I just don't want to return. I enjoy working from home and have about an hour commute. I guess being in the train with lots of people puts me off. Having way less time due to commuting and sitting in an office for 8 hours is what scares me. I just don't want to go back to it. Hoping I don't have to.
I have the exact commute as you (including an hour on the train).

However, at least in my case I suspect we won't be going back all the time. I believe they are already planning on remote work at least part time. They have purchased the equipment sooo...

My work can really be done completely remotely and, if I am in the office, I can also do it the same way, just punch in from the office.

So I feel like the commute will be better.

I honestly feel like our employer will be on shaky ground demanding much of us for a while. We got all the work and then some done remotely when we could have slacked off. It seems difficult for them to go back to pre covid "we don't trust you" attitude.

Old 03-07-2021, 04:16 PM

1,974 posts, read 1,102,322 times
We still have some people working from home, but we've had 70% capacity for a long time now.

The few people who have gotten it, took their vitamins(B, C, D, zinc) and got over it pretty quickly. I would add quercetin / bromelain combo from dr.best and mushroom extract increase NK cells 3x. All very anti-cancer as well.

Mask technology is also coming along if you want to go that route
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08BYYXZ61/ref=emc_b_5_t
https://www.log3mask.com/collections...roducts/active
https://respokare.com/pages/rk-respo...borne-diseases
https://www.hammacher.com/product/on...ent=Ad%20group

Old 03-07-2021, 04:47 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,330,347 times
When you work in a lab for a living, making viruses like I do, you never get to work remotely!

Old 03-07-2021, 08:43 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,247,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
When you work in a lab for a living, making viruses like I do, you never get to work remotely!
You cant bring them home?

Old 03-07-2021, 09:42 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Different companies are doing it differently. I know in one there was an outbreak and a couple employees died. They are taking it much more seriously than other similar companies I personally know of.

Old 03-08-2021, 06:05 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,912,608 times
Our company is already lining the birdcage with messages like they can't wait to get everyone back into the office as it promotes a solid team and blah, blah, blah... They are not interested in the evolving WFH culture.

Just something else to bite my tongue about as I bide my time...

Old 03-08-2021, 06:45 AM

16,346 posts, read 8,174,665 times
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
Our company is already lining the birdcage with messages like they can't wait to get everyone back into the office as it promotes a solid team and blah, blah, blah... They are not interested in the evolving WFH culture.

Just something else to bite my tongue about as I bide my time...
Right I've seen people in my office make comments like, hopefully we'll be able to see each other again in person soon. There's really no reason too though....ugh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness