Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2021, 12:58 AM

2,690 posts, read 1,613,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by capoeira View Post
According to viroloigst Geert Vanden Bossche vaccines will be the cause of more infectious strains.

https://scholar.google.com/scholar?q...=1&oi=scholart
Well he's a hack......probably a qanon jerk too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2021, 01:32 AM

3,245 posts, read 6,302,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMansLands View Post
https://dryburgh.com/geert-vanden-bo...nation-danger/

"Geert Vanden Bossche, PhD, DVM, is a vaccine research expert. He has a long list of companies and organisations he’s worked with on vaccine discovery and preclinical research, including GSK, Novartis, Solvay Biologicals, and Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Dr Vanden Bossche also coordinated the Ebola vaccine program at GAVI (Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunisation).

He is board-certified in Virology and Microbiology, the author of over 30 publications, and inventor of a patent application for universal vaccines."

Old 03-12-2021, 07:13 AM

13,624 posts, read 7,942,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMansLands View Post
Yeah, this guy's a hack, but Fauci is a trusted expert? Sure

Also, pretty sure Belgians don't care about Q....

Old 03-12-2021, 10:16 AM

7,129 posts, read 12,670,656 times
Just my opinion, not based on any studies...but, given the climate change we're undergoing, I think the current virus will fritter out eventually, but some new "novel" virus will be coming along...

Old 03-12-2021, 10:42 AM

30,170 posts, read 11,803,456 times
The UK variant is likely deadlier, more infectious and becoming dominant.

https://theconversation.com/the-uk-v...inst-it-156951

The authors say the B.1.1.7 variant is between 32 and 104% deadlier. However, it’s important to recognise these data were only collected from one group of people so more research is needed to see if these numbers hold true in other groups of patients.

The B.1.1.7 variant is becoming the dominant virus in many parts of the world, and is more infectious than the original strain (UK authorities have suggested it’s up to 70% more transmissible). This makes sense because a virus can become more transmissible as it evolves. However, it’s actually a strange thing for a virus to become more deadly over time.

Germany and Italy are locking down again. Cases are spiking in those countries. Its a race to vaccinate people before it explodes again.

I got my first shot today.

Old 03-12-2021, 02:50 PM

6,341 posts, read 4,908,150 times
Quote:
3. We get a nasty version of Covid-19 that wipes out 30% to 40% of the world’s population as the plagues did in past history.

Considering what the human race is doing to the planet, that's preferable.

Old 03-12-2021, 03:43 PM

6,143 posts, read 5,257,894 times
I'll get my flu and COVID shot every year and go on with life.
Open everything up once everyone's had a chance to get vaxxed.

After that, if there are consequences for not getting the shot.. oh well... too bad, so sad.

Old 03-12-2021, 07:32 PM

30,170 posts, read 11,803,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Yeah, this guy's a hack, but Fauci is a trusted expert? Sure

Also, pretty sure Belgians don't care about Q....

This guy does not seem like a hack. But that does not mean he is correct on this. That is one of the concerning things about this pandemic. Qualified experts with very different opinions. There were 2 pages of disclaimers when I got my vaccine jab today saying these vaccines are not FDA approved. That is also a concern. All I know is what I went through in December with covid I want to avoid happening again. If that means taking a chance on a vaccine that might cause problems later I will take that risk.

Old 03-13-2021, 04:06 AM

35,073 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
What has convinced you that society *needs to* be shut down?

What type of situations justify the shutting down of society?

Who gets to make that call?
I was never in favor of the lockdowns, except maybe to spread out hospitalization spikes. Those should have been very short shutdowns. That being said, the week starting March 9, 2020 was pretty much a normal work day. While my synagogue had just shut down, the commuter parking lots for the train had almost the normal number of cars. By the end of the week, March 13, 2020, prior to any emergency lockdowns, New York City was a ghost town. Maybe 20% of the attorneys and non-legal personnel at the New York City office came to work. Governor Cuomo got little resistance because to some extent the lockdown orders were ratifying existing conditions.

The effective government shutdown of society developed over the week to come.

Old 03-26-2021, 08:17 PM

34 posts, read 36,943 times
Did you even read the data links from the links you sent? The lack of brain power from Americans is why I am glad I only live here and I am not a citizen.

You need to go back and read AND click the links to the subpages.

In Mexico my family lives without fear and there is no problem with Covid. They probably reached herd immunity 9 months ago. But here I have to work, trapped for months by my job so I can send money back to my family. I hate to be rude but Americans unfortunately are among the dumbest sheeple on the planet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness