Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2021, 06:08 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,785,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
I personally don't think we will be ditching masks for the next year. I am fully vaccinated, and will be masking for the foreseeable future. I don't think masking will be "required" for the public forever. But I do think there will be mask rules in many places until 2022.

In many states, teachers, grocery workers, etc are eligible. It's just an issue of supply. Although, supply is greatly increasing.
I agree.

Old 03-11-2021, 10:00 PM

3,318 posts, read 1,818,241 times
I bought and wore N95 masks in early FEB of last year, when I was a singular phenomenon and when the CDC and WHO advised against it!
I will stop wearing one and gather with likeminded friends when I feel like it, not when these behind-the-curve bozos say so.
And so will everyone else.

Last edited by PamelaIamela; 03-11-2021 at 10:09 PM..

Old 03-12-2021, 06:43 AM

30,369 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
https://www.aol.com/news/why-cdc-sti...170328121.html

More good information in the article
I've been comparing Israel new daily infections and deaths to my state of Arizona because they are almost all vaccinated in Israel and we are a minority vaccinated here and the populations are pretty similar as far as number of people. So far, Israel is seeing multipole times more daily infections than Arizona in the last 10 days but far less deaths.

My take away is that the vaccinations don't seem to slow down the infections but seems to be greatly reducing the death count.

Old 03-12-2021, 07:14 AM

5,867 posts, read 11,926,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
If you think it through, you can see why vaccinated people are told to continue to mask and do distancing. Most people are not vaccinated. But there are people who could/would lie that they were vaccinated and did not need masks. We already have many who refuse masks as it is. Imagine having to prove your vaccination status when you enter a restaurant or store!

I think we’ll be able to ditch our masks in a few more weeks.

I think we need to get our teachers and grocery workers vaccinated now.
That's what I was thinking. If people who are vaccinated don't have to wear masks, what stops people who haven't been from doing the same. I don't think it's medically necessary, it's just a precaution to make sure everyone that needs to wear one does until we hit the herd immunity mark.

Old 03-12-2021, 07:26 AM

15,250 posts, read 12,964,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaIamela View Post
I bought and wore N95 masks in early FEB of last year, when I was a singular phenomenon and when the CDC and WHO advised against it!
I will stop wearing one and gather with likeminded friends when I feel like it, not when these behind-the-curve bozos say so.
And so will everyone else.

Agreed. I particularly like "behind-the-curve bozos".

Old 03-12-2021, 07:44 AM

19,029 posts, read 27,599,679 times
Purpose of vaccination was not to prevent disease spread. As it is physically impossible and, sometimes, leads to that exactly disease return (polio epidemic in GB about 10-15 years ago, as the result of polio vaccinations).
Purpose of the vaccine was:
1. for vaccine manufacturers to complete in vivo trials on human subjects and obtain license to fabricate them (please, before saying something on this, READ FDA release for Pfeizer vaccination. It says so loud and clear on the first 2 pages of "advisory only" document.) Trial should be completed in 2023)
2. to have people vaccinated. Yes, just for that purpose. It is a genetic vaccine and genetic marker. Absolutely no one knows, what implanted MRN will do to one's genetic makeup times down the road. NO ONE. Except maybe those, who designed it.

3. it is a "social" marker "friend/foe" type campaign. You vaccinated, you are obedient, you are "friend". You did not, you are "foe".

4. the entire "precautions" system is nothing more than herd obedience training and experiment on crowd control technology. It is component of psychological warfare. Ask them to show you data, how many died as the result of restrictions implemented, due to untreated diseases, suicides, psychological disorders, maltreatment and spiked crime. I bet you, CNN will not have such data ever.

Old 03-12-2021, 08:23 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times
Well some countries will always wear masks. Same reason we wear shoes.

Old 03-12-2021, 08:30 AM

9,511 posts, read 6,103,034 times
It's like a SWAT team ordering a bunch of Kevlar gear & it comes with a label that says "Not intended for use during a shoot out"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
Post-Vaccine Israel Reopens With a Party
https://www.thedailybeast.com/post-v...ticles&via=rss
Minus those who died, of course. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/N...dZkG4U2m9R-lu0

Old 03-12-2021, 10:21 AM

10,557 posts, read 7,758,541 times
When masks are no longer mandated I will happily remove mine.

However, I do anticipate masks to be required on airlines throughout the year. Perhaps they will eventually offer masked and unmasked sections, like the old smoking and non smoking.

Old 03-12-2021, 10:57 AM

8,620 posts, read 5,652,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Purpose of vaccination was not to prevent disease spread. As it is physically impossible and, sometimes, leads to that exactly disease return (polio epidemic in GB about 10-15 years ago, as the result of polio vaccinations).
Purpose of the vaccine was:
1. for vaccine manufacturers to complete in vivo trials on human subjects and obtain license to fabricate them (please, before saying something on this, READ FDA release for Pfeizer vaccination. It says so loud and clear on the first 2 pages of "advisory only" document.) Trial should be completed in 2023)
2. to have people vaccinated. Yes, just for that purpose. It is a genetic vaccine and genetic marker. Absolutely no one knows, what implanted MRN will do to one's genetic makeup times down the road. NO ONE. Except maybe those, who designed it.

3. it is a "social" marker "friend/foe" type campaign. You vaccinated, you are obedient, you are "friend". You did not, you are "foe".

4. the entire "precautions" system is nothing more than herd obedience training and experiment on crowd control technology. It is component of psychological warfare. Ask them to show you data, how many died as the result of restrictions implemented, due to untreated diseases, suicides, psychological disorders, maltreatment and spiked crime. I bet you, CNN will not have such data ever.
I agree with you, except for the dig at CNN at the end (I do agree MSM will not cover any of this).

The "friend vs foe" dynamic is already playing out.

Very disturbing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness