Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2021, 04:46 PM

30,160 posts, read 11,789,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Yes we will. We don't have definitive data yet but neither are we working off no data, as some seem to imply. Here's one of the best explanations I've seen so far and also indicates that the recovered may be better protected than the vaccinated so why are thus pushing recovered patients to get vaccinated?
Good info. I had covid in December and now the vaccine so I am covered by as many angles as possible. Unless they come out later with a study that doing so lessens you immunity somehow. It would be nice if some at home test happens where you can check antibodies like you can check oxygen levels. It would make me feel a lot more relaxed.

Old 03-12-2021, 05:11 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,871,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Good info. I had covid in December and now the vaccine so I am covered by as many angles as possible. Unless they come out later with a study that doing so lessens you immunity somehow. It would be nice if some at home test happens where you can check antibodies like you can check oxygen levels. It would make me feel a lot more relaxed.
The studies so far show that people who have had COVID AND get the vaccine have signifantly higher levels of antibodies than people who have never gotten COVID and were vaccinated. So you should definitely be covered

Although the bigger concern for you would be any studies elucidating any potential long-term impacts of COVID, but you likely have stronger immunity now, so it's a trade off.

Old 03-12-2021, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
The studies so far show that people who have had COVID AND get the vaccine have signifantly higher levels of antibodies than people who have never gotten COVID and were vaccinated. So you should definitely be covered

Although the bigger concern for you would be any studies elucidating any potential long-term impacts of COVID, but you likely have stronger immunity now, so it's a trade off.

Well that is music to my ears! I don't feel any after effects at all now. I did at first. I have read lots of stories about the long haulers. Scary.

Old 03-12-2021, 10:07 PM

6,798 posts, read 4,240,302 times
I think it's kind of a funny dichotomy. On the one hand you have this CDC guidance for even fully vaccinated people to remain cautious and maintain restrictions etc. and on the other you have entire states where a large chunk of the U.S. population lives where people completely without any protection, vaccine or masks, are mostly living an entirely regular life. Some of them pay the price in the form of a lengthy hospital stay or their life, but that doesn't seem to stop the rest.

It's like an almost dogmatic, uber-cautious, risk-minimizing, sterile world on the one hand, and a chaotic, hedonistic and reckless world on the other hand.

Demolition Man really was the most astute cinematic vision of the future in the U.S. ever made. In case you haven't seen it, in the movie the U.S. government is in the pocket of major corporations and all 'nasty' things have been entirely banned, from unhealthy food, cigarettes to swearing and of course sex. There is an underground resistance of free-wheeling rebels living in squalor and abject poverty but enjoying junk food, sex etc..

Old 03-13-2021, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas Vincit View Post
I think it's kind of a funny dichotomy. On the one hand you have this CDC guidance for even fully vaccinated people to remain cautious and maintain restrictions etc. and on the other you have entire states where a large chunk of the U.S. population lives where people completely without any protection, vaccine or masks, are mostly living an entirely regular life. Some of them pay the price in the form of a lengthy hospital stay or their life, but that doesn't seem to stop the rest.
Every state has vaccinated the high risk people or at least given them the option of getting it. At this point if you are high risk and refuse the vaccine. And you are out running around without a mask. That is on you. We don't need all these rules to protect you when you don't care about protecting yourself.

I am in a red state whear mask wearing is not real popular and its easy now to get the vaccine. And lots of people are getting it. I was able to get one 2 minutes from my house. The whole point of masks and lock downs was to keep the hospitals from being over filled. Not to stop all people from catching it. I think the CDC is being cautious because if they say its all clear for people with both jabs lots of other people without the vaccine will think that applies to them also.

Old 03-13-2021, 02:38 PM

9,419 posts, read 11,166,375 times
Well, gee whillakers, a real puzzle here. Maybe because this is AN EXPERIMENTAL VACCINE?

Remember, normal SOP takes five to ten years for vaccines to be developed, innocent animal tested, field tested, then finally approved by the very conservative (in the sense of risk-taking) O/C board. In other words, it's more than three to six months.

If you choose to put your faith in the CDC and the WHO, that's fine. I wouldn't. They are not our friends.

https://www.historyofvaccines.org/co...and-regulation

Old 03-13-2021, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
Well, gee whillakers, a real puzzle here. Maybe because this is AN EXPERIMENTAL VACCINE?

Remember, normal SOP takes five to ten years for vaccines to be developed, innocent animal tested, field tested, then finally approved by the very conservative (in the sense of risk-taking) O/C board. In other words, it's more than three to six months.

If you choose to put your faith in the CDC and the WHO, that's fine. I wouldn't. They are not our friends.

https://www.historyofvaccines.org/co...and-regulation

Don't get jabbed. No one cares if you do or not. I had Covid. Ended up in the hospital. I don't want to go through that again. I weighed all the options and I got jabbed. I am not putting my faith in anyone. Just looking out for myself.

Old 03-13-2021, 07:14 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,128,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Don't get jabbed. No one cares if you do or not. I had Covid. Ended up in the hospital. I don't want to go through that again. I weighed all the options and I got jabbed. I am not putting my faith in anyone. Just looking out for myself.
If you got covid, you should have natural immunity for some period of time. I don't even know why people who recently had covid were eligible for the vaccines. Makes no sense.

Old 03-13-2021, 07:38 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,456,509 times
We are two weeks past our second Pfizer vaccination, and although we continue to mask when we encounter others, if it's just a short time and well-distanced, then a lighter-weight, more comfortable mask is what I wear. I'm just glad not to wear the uncomfortable N-95. Most people we meet for business have not been vaccinated yet.

I hope that estimators who come out to the house for one project or another and who need to discuss things with homeowners and then hand them proposals will be treated as essential workers, so they can get the vaccination they seek.

Old 03-13-2021, 08:56 PM

158 posts, read 156,572 times
Here's a vintage video of Fauci

https://rumble.com/embed/v9uq8j
Attached Thumbnails
Why the CDC is still urging caution for vaccinated people-capture.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness