Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2021, 09:40 PM

37,095 posts, read 41,226,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Purpose of vaccination was not to prevent disease spread. As it is physically impossible and, sometimes, leads to that exactly disease return (polio epidemic in GB about 10-15 years ago, as the result of polio vaccinations).
Purpose of the vaccine was:
1. for vaccine manufacturers to complete in vivo trials on human subjects and obtain license to fabricate them (please, before saying something on this, READ FDA release for Pfeizer vaccination. It says so loud and clear on the first 2 pages of "advisory only" document.) Trial should be completed in 2023)
2. to have people vaccinated. Yes, just for that purpose. It is a genetic vaccine and genetic marker. Absolutely no one knows, what implanted MRN will do to one's genetic makeup times down the road. NO ONE. Except maybe those, who designed it.

3. it is a "social" marker "friend/foe" type campaign. You vaccinated, you are obedient, you are "friend". You did not, you are "foe".

4. the entire "precautions" system is nothing more than herd obedience training and experiment on crowd control technology. It is component of psychological warfare. Ask them to show you data, how many died as the result of restrictions implemented, due to untreated diseases, suicides, psychological disorders, maltreatment and spiked crime. I bet you, CNN will not have such data ever.
Yes, vaccines can prevent spread. That is how smallpox was eradicated worldwide and measles and rubella have been eliminated from circulation in the US.

https://vk.ovg.ox.ac.uk/vk/polio

The last outbreak of polio in the UK was in the late 1970s, and the last case of naturally-occurring polio in the UK was in 1984. Until 2004 the UK used the live oral polio vaccine, which can rarely revert to the pathogenic virus and cause polio. There were 30 such cases between 1985 and 2002. That was not an epidemic. The UK now uses the killed injectable vaccine.

1. Yes, the vaccine trials will continue. They generated data to show the vaccine was effective and safer than getting the disease, which qualified for emergency use.

2. Yes, we cannot know what will possibly be effects of any vaccine until time passes after it is introduced. However, there is no reason to anticipate that the new vaccines will have risks more serious than the disease.

3. Hogwash. It is basic infection control.

4. There is no way all of that added together exceeds the death toll of the disease, which would be much higher with no mitigation efforts at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rom623 View Post
There could be more transparency about side effects, but everyone knows its emergency use.

Im pretty cynical myself, but assuming you get a legitimate vaccine, I do think its effective at reducing symptoms, which in turn frees up our hospitals. Early trials showed this, and they continued with the vaccine on this premise.

Given the time it takes for peoples immunity to recognize the virus, the vaccine will not help stop the spread. Anti-virals that bind to the virus, stopping replication, should have been given more attention. But there is no money in that.. Of course the CDC knows all this, imo we should be 100% open. Covid variants could change it all pretty quickly though.
What do you perceive as lack of transparency? News about the vaccines is produced pretty much minute by minute.

You think hacked and doctored emails indicate the vaccine is not "legitimate"?

Antivirals are being investigated; however, prevention is best. Evidence is emerging that the vaccines do prevent spread.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ts/4645698001/

Old 03-13-2021, 11:15 PM

10,226 posts, read 7,574,766 times
There are variants, now. The vaccines weren't made to protect against those, so it's assumed they won't. But who knows.

Let's face it. This is a new virus. The scientists are learning as more data come in. And the landscape is changing with variants.

I think we're looking at being extremely cautious through the end of the year, no matter what.

Old 03-13-2021, 11:21 PM

37,095 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
There are variants, now. The vaccines weren't made to protect against those, so it's assumed they won't. But who knows.

Let's face it. This is a new virus. The scientists are learning as more data come in. And the landscape is changing with variants.

I think we're looking at being extremely cautious through the end of the year, no matter what.
No, it is not assumed that they won't, and there is evidence that they will.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/pfizer...ry?id=76389615

"Pfizer's vaccine is successful in preventing not only symptomatic COVID-19, but also asymptomatic disease according to new real-world data, Israel's Ministry of Health and Pfizer/BioNTech announced Thursday.

As concerning COVID variants spread and the companies behind the three authorized vaccines hurry to test their shots against them, there's other promising news from Thursday's announcement: this latest analysis was performed when more than 80% of Israel's COVID-19 cases were from the UK variant B.1.1.7 -- demonstrating that the Pfizer vaccine is equally effective against this variant, which is known to be more contagious, and possibly even more deadly, Israel's Ministry of Health reported."

Old 03-14-2021, 06:56 AM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
No, it is not assumed that they won't, and there is evidence that they will.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/pfizer...ry?id=76389615

"Pfizer's vaccine is successful in preventing not only symptomatic COVID-19, but also asymptomatic disease according to new real-world data, Israel's Ministry of Health and Pfizer/BioNTech announced Thursday.

As concerning COVID variants spread and the companies behind the three authorized vaccines hurry to test their shots against them, there's other promising news from Thursday's announcement: this latest analysis was performed when more than 80% of Israel's COVID-19 cases were from the UK variant B.1.1.7 -- demonstrating that the Pfizer vaccine is equally effective against this variant, which is known to be more contagious, and possibly even more deadly, Israel's Ministry of Health reported."
I believe its the South African variant that is most worrisome. And possibly the Brazilian one. The UK one seems to be stopped by current vaccines. The fact they are working on a booster seems to indicate the current vaccines are not good enough. One option is 3 doses instead of two.

I have always gone with the manta, watch what they do not what they say. Some are saying that the current vaccine will work on every variant yet the vaccine makers are working on ideas to stop the new variants. They are not doing what they are saying.

Is more simply better? Why Pfizer thinks a booster of its Covid vaccine might work against new variants

https://www.statnews.com/2021/02/25/...-new-variants/

While Moderna and Pfizer, along with its partner BioNTech, have announced plans to test vaccines specifically targeted at variants of the SARS-CoV-2 virus, they are also planning to test the idea of simply giving people three doses instead of two of their vaccines that have already been authorized. Experts say it’s at least conceivable it could work.

Old 03-14-2021, 07:11 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,202,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I have always gone with the manta, watch what they do not what they say. Some are saying that the current vaccine will work on every variant yet the vaccine makers are working on ideas to stop the new variants. They are not doing what they are saying.

I also go with the mantra "businesses will always try to sell you more products".

Old 03-14-2021, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
I also go with the mantra "businesses will always try to sell you more products".

The vaccine was free to me. I know its not really free and we will end up paying it back with tax dollars. Who knows.

Old 03-14-2021, 07:34 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,202,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
The vaccine was free to me. I know its not really free and we will end up paying it back with tax dollars. Who knows.

They don't care who pays for it so long as they get paid. Of course they want to sell everyone three doses instead of two.

Old 03-14-2021, 07:38 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,764,742 times
When my dad got his second vaccine, the nurse told him that in 4 weeks he can go anywhere he wants without concern. Apparently Ascension and CDC are not in alignment.

Old 03-14-2021, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
They don't care who pays for it so long as they get paid. Of course they want to sell everyone three doses instead of two.

Perhaps. I am not quite as cynical about all of this. The new strains do exist and there are questions about whether the current vaccines are good enough for them.

Old 03-14-2021, 08:32 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,730,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I've been comparing Israel new daily infections and deaths to my state of Arizona because they are almost all vaccinated in Israel and we are a minority vaccinated here and the populations are pretty similar as far as number of people. So far, Israel is seeing multipole times more daily infections than Arizona in the last 10 days but far less deaths.

My take away is that the vaccinations don't seem to slow down the infections but seems to be greatly reducing the death count.
As we both work (or have worked in the Middle East), Muslim infection rates are through the roof.

When it comes to Israel you need to keep in mind that it's data is skewed due to it's Arab population being the anti-vaxxers (the Ultra Orthodox Jews are now inline with the rest of the Jewish population) and not following the protocols for masks and separations. They may only be 20% of the population, but are over 40% of those getting infected.

https://www.technologyreview.com/202...al-world-test/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness