Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2021, 09:06 PM

17,384 posts, read 13,092,077 times

Advertisements

https://www.aol.com/news/why-cdc-sti...170328121.html

Quote:
People fully vaccinated against the coronavirus finally have guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. But that guidance, issued on Monday, seems to have raised as many questions as it answered. Even as that guidance permitted small gatherings of unmasked people, it made no concessions to those wanting to travel or gather in somewhat larger groups.

Hoping for a green light, vaccinated Americans got a flashing yellow instead.

That has left some wondering whether post-vaccine life is going to be all that much different, in the near term, than life without the vaccine.

“If people believe the vaccine is not going to improve their life,” says Dr. Amesh Adalja of the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security, “why would they get it?”

Adalja said the CDC is waiting for “ironclad data” about vaccination before issuing a more detailed guidance. The initial data from Israel, which has the highest coronavirus vaccination rates in the world, is “highly encouraging,” he says. But apparently not encouraging enough for the CDC to give an all-clear to Americans who’ve had their shots.

More good information in the article

Old 03-10-2021, 09:43 PM

29,881 posts, read 11,440,468 times
The thing is even after getting the vaccine you can get covid and spread it to others, you will not get real sick from it but others if they are not vaccinated can. At least that is what I have read.

Israel is back to normal. People out partying.

Old 03-10-2021, 10:14 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,066,123 times
Post-Vaccine Israel Reopens With a Party
https://www.thedailybeast.com/post-v...ticles&via=rss

Old 03-11-2021, 02:38 AM

9,302 posts, read 14,201,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
Post-Vaccine Israel Reopens With a Party
https://www.thedailybeast.com/post-v...ticles&via=rss
And so the cycle starts all over again.

Funny how people breathing on and oozing fluids into one another both makes them sick and propagates life at the same time.

It really is a sick and dangerous world. Life is movement and risk.

Good Luck!

Old 03-11-2021, 09:04 AM

104 posts, read 60,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
The thing is even after getting the vaccine you can get covid and spread it to others, you will not get real sick from it but others if they are not vaccinated can. At least that is what I have read.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/pfizer-bi...115043762.html

Old 03-11-2021, 09:48 AM

5,681 posts, read 3,511,463 times
Quote:

I think you are correct. And for that reason, perhaps the people who have NOT been vaccinated should be leery of and avoid those who HAVE been vaccinated. The reason being, if a person has been vaccinated and they have the virus, the symptoms may not be evident, while, OTOH, if a person has NOT been vaccinated and they have the virus, they are more likely to display symptoms which would make it easier for others to know to avoid them.

Old 03-11-2021, 10:07 AM

67,654 posts, read 60,300,578 times
Quote:

You can (very rarely) get it but it's highly unlikely to be serious. And there is more and more evidence mounting that it's extremely unlikely to be able to be spread by asymptomatic people. I believe the key to avoiding spread is to be truly cognizant of any possible symptoms and to wear a mask anytime one has symptoms really of anything.

Quote:
Pfizer Inc and BioNTech SE said on Wednesday that real-world data from Israel suggests their COVID-19 vaccine is 94% effective in preventing asymptomatic infections, meaning it could significantly reduce transmission.
Quote:
The companies also said the latest analysis of the Israeli data shows the vaccine was 97% effective in preventing symptomatic disease, severe disease and death. That is basically in line with the 95% efficacy Pfizer and BioNTech reported from the vaccine's late-stage clinical trial in December.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/pfizer-bi...115043762.html

I personally think this is great news. Hope it holds up! I've had both my Pfizer vaccinations!

Old 03-11-2021, 10:40 AM

30,585 posts, read 24,950,474 times
If you think it through, you can see why vaccinated people are told to continue to mask and do distancing. Most people are not vaccinated. But there are people who could/would lie that they were vaccinated and did not need masks. We already have many who refuse masks as it is. Imagine having to prove your vaccination status when you enter a restaurant or store!

I think we’ll be able to ditch our masks in a few more weeks.

I think we need to get our teachers and grocery workers vaccinated now.

Old 03-11-2021, 11:01 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,782,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
If you think it through, you can see why vaccinated people are told to continue to mask and do distancing. Most people are not vaccinated. But there are people who could/would lie that they were vaccinated and did not need masks. We already have many who refuse masks as it is. Imagine having to prove your vaccination status when you enter a restaurant or store!

I think we’ll be able to ditch our masks in a few more weeks.

I think we need to get our teachers and grocery workers vaccinated now.
I personally don't think we will be ditching masks for the next year. I am fully vaccinated, and will be masking for the foreseeable future. I don't think masking will be "required" for the public forever. But I do think there will be mask rules in many places until 2022.

In many states, teachers, grocery workers, etc are eligible. It's just an issue of supply. Although, supply is greatly increasing.

Old 03-11-2021, 05:37 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,245,168 times
This was the first set of CDC recommendations now that 10% of the population is vaccinated. 10% is fantastic, but it's far from providing herd immunity. We'll get there soon.

One article I read addressed the lack of travel in the recommendations. Expect it to change as more are vaccinated. I'm personally planning air travel in September. I'll wear a mask then and will continue to do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness