Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2021, 12:59 PM

1,974 posts, read 1,103,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
For starters, they can choose their friends and family more carefully.
Nutrition possible factor in vaccine efficacy

Quote:
Researchers have highlighted nutrition as a possible factor influencing the effectiveness of the COVID-19 vaccine, as recent news establishes a link between vitamin D levels and an adequate immune response.
Not mentioned in the article, mushrooms and quercetin boost immunity, and also anti-cancer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2021, 01:17 PM

17,584 posts, read 15,259,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2021...eca-s-covid-19

Whether by disease or by vaccine, the risk is small that they lead to death.

Agreed. Small being a relative term.

There's a small chance of winning the powerball.. Chances of dying from COVID are higher than that.

There's a small chance of getting struck by lightning.. Your chances of dying from COVID are higher than that.

There's a small chance of dying in a car accident. Your chances of dying from COVID are higher than that.

There's a small chance of dying from the Flu.. Your chances of dying from COVID are higher than that.

There's a small chance of rolling rolling snake eyes.. Your chances of dying from COVID are LOWER than that, but not by much. (Using very liberal approximations, 3% vs 2%)

Old 03-19-2021, 01:38 PM

5,713 posts, read 4,289,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rom623 View Post
Nutrition possible factor in vaccine efficacy

Not mentioned in the article, mushrooms and quercetin boost immunity, and also anti-cancer

Healthy eating is good for you, who knew? Not sure what that has to do with mRNA though. I'm guessing, um, nothing?

This is more up your alley

https://www.contagionlive.com/view/e...tom-resolution

Among adults with mild COVID-19, a 5-day course of ivermectin, compared with placebo, did not significantly improve the time to resolution of symptoms.

Old 03-19-2021, 04:26 PM

17,584 posts, read 15,259,939 times
Quote:

Among adults with mild COVID-19, a 5-day course of ivermectin, compared with placebo, did not significantly improve the time to resolution of symptoms.

The part that confuses me here.. Who the hell thought it would? It's an antiparasitic. Used to treat lice, among other things.

I mean, at least the chloroquine thing, it is an anti-malarial.. And COVID seems to share some similarities with malaria, such as O-type blood being more resistant to it..

But ivermectin (Yes, I had to look it up).. sort of a head scratcher as to how that would even become a candidate. No pun intended.

Old 03-19-2021, 05:33 PM

1,974 posts, read 1,103,000 times
Quote:
Healthy eating is good for you, who knew? Not sure what that has to do with mRNA though. I'm guessing, um, nothing?
The article gives some tips for improving the vaccine effect, producing anti-bodies. I would paste in some of it but they are being protective.
Quote:

Dr. Kory talks about that study as well as why India is doing 10x better than everyone else in this video.
https://youtu.be/iP2r4Jtp36c?t=1907

Lots of other doctors giving their results with IVM on Youtube if you want to check them out. This one has treated over 3000 patients.

Old 03-19-2021, 06:00 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,672,505 times
I'm not a vaccine person but I work with vulnerable populations in a hospital setting...

For me it was not a hard choice and I received Moderna in January...

Health wise I have been fortunate in that I have never had a sick day in 29.5 years on the job...

Lots of unknowns but I would feel terrible had those around me suffered because of where I work...

That said I had zero success in getting vaccine for my 87 year old mom through my work... even though she is a patient... so many barriers and after weeks when she was approved I was told the program was suspended indefinitely... so I know just how frustrating it can be.

There are about 60,000 employees/physicians in my organization so I reached out to the employee help line and explained I was concerned I could bring home Covid to my 87 year old mom through my work and I am her sole caregiver...

The answer floored me... I was told I could take up to 10 weeks off for elder care if I was concerned... my hospital CEO said they told you WHAT???

Anyway... I was able through the senior community center to get her vaccinated recently... she had zero reaction... which is does happen to seniors with advanced years...

As a side not... we hike 6 miles together today... super healthy but Alzheimer's...

Old 03-19-2021, 06:07 PM

3,041 posts, read 7,935,359 times
Wife and I,85 and 88 got the Moderma vaccine today,just a little reaction so far,the site handout made a point of the vaccines that they are not FDA for all and were released for emergency use.
For us not much choice if we want to continue living,we have been homebound since 3/2020.

Old 03-19-2021, 06:18 PM

5,713 posts, read 4,289,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rom623 View Post
The article gives some tips for improving the vaccine effect, producing anti-bodies. I would paste in some of it but they are being protective.

Dr. Kory talks about that study as well as why India is doing 10x better than everyone else in this video.
https://youtu.be/iP2r4Jtp36c?t=1907

Lots of other doctors giving their results with IVM on Youtube if you want to check them out. This one has treated over 3000 patients.

I'll take the randomized double-blind trial, thanks.

Old 03-19-2021, 06:19 PM

4,412 posts, read 4,904,348 times
Quote:
No you have to have the same kind of trust with the JJ vaccine, that they didn't put some nefarious code or incorrect protein code in it.
They have made vaccines with the J&J technology before. There is long term data.

Old 03-19-2021, 06:47 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by terracore View Post
They have made vaccines with the J&J technology before. There is long term data.
No, there is not.

https://www.news-medical.net/health/...d-vaccine.aspx
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness