Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2021, 09:03 AM

1,343 posts, read 1,372,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I have the names of some vaccine fillers known to cause allergies, am interested in getting tested so that I know, then can make a decision.

Since you know you tend to have significant allergic reactions, I think this is a very smart thing to do. Find out that information, then make a decision. Good luck to you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2021, 10:37 AM

5,712 posts, read 4,289,046 times
Quote:
I have the names of some vaccine fillers known to cause allergies, am interested in getting tested so that I know, then can make a decision.
All you really need to be tested for for immediate purposes, is really just the covid vaccine you want to get which I think you said was the JandJ. You won't be getting another Shingrix shot I presume, but for long term it would be nice to know which ingredient you were allergic to in case its in some other medicine or vaccine.

Looks like salt is the only shared ingredient that is identical between Shingrix and the JJ, but some of these may be similar enough to cause similar reactions. Chemistry wasn't one of my stronger subjects.

Shingrix has: glycoprotein E (gE) powder mixed with AS01 B adjuvant suspension. The adjuvant is made of 50 micrograms each of a plant extract (Quillaja saponaria Molina, fraction 21 (QS-21)) and a bacterial extract (3-O-desacyl-4’- monophosphoryl lipid A (MPL). Non-medicinal ingredients:
Cholesterol, dipotassium phosphate, dioleoyl phosphatidylcholine, disodium phosphate
anhydrous, polysorbate 80, potassium dihydrogen phosphate, sodium chloride, sodium
dihydrogen phosphate dihydrate, sucrose and water

The Jand J vaccine has : recombinant, replication-incompetent adenovirus type 26 expressing the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein, citric acid monohydrate, trisodium citrate dihydrate, ethanol, 2-hydroxypropyl-β-cyclodextrin (HBCD),
polysorbate-80, sodium chloride.

The wood dust of Quillaja saponaria from which the extract is taken is known to cause asthma in some people, so that's a good first suspect right there.

Old 03-20-2021, 05:56 PM

829 posts, read 629,414 times
Many of our friends and some family have had their vaccines and it seemed the oldest people had no reaction or nearly no reaction after the second dose, while the younger people felt sick or unwell after the second dose - with both Pfizer and Moderna. From what I've read, it's not a bad thing to have a reaction because it's a sign that your immune system recognizes it (from the first dose) and is fighting it.

Old 03-20-2021, 06:09 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,926,415 times
I had coved and drank 6 oz colloidal silver. no temperature nausea or vomiting or bronchial issues. I became weak and lost 30 lbs , lost my taste and smell for a month and been recovered for 2 months
I Learned that "Ivermectin" is effective in curing and preventing coved19 so I bought some in the event there is a reoccurrence.
it cost $6.at the feed store. Doctors in Canada are using it quite effectively and it is a very old product with a better reputation than what's being passed out now.

Old 03-20-2021, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
I had coved and drank 6 oz colloidal silver. no temperature nausea or vomiting or bronchial issues. I became weak and lost 30 lbs , lost my taste and smell for a month and been recovered for 2 months
I Learned that "Ivermectin" is effective in curing and preventing coved19 so I bought some in the event there is a reoccurrence.
it cost $6.at the feed store. Doctors in Canada are using it quite effectively and it is a very old product with a better reputation than what's being passed out now.
Well sounds like you are your own doctor. Good luck!

Old 03-20-2021, 09:10 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times
I found all the responses in this thread to be informative.

My husband and I want to get the J&J vaccine but our state seems to not have gotten enough doses. Thus our health plan is trying to bully us into taking whatever vaccine they happen to have on hand. We're not putting up with that and let them know why we want J&J. One of the reasons we want it because it's one dose and done. Our health plan would have us driving a good distance to get the vaccine. Thus if we have to travel far to get it, we want to be able to choose which one.

So...we've also registered with our county health department and with Walgreens. It may take a while to get what we want but we're willing to wait for it.

I wish our state and our health plan would be more forthcoming regarding what they have on hand and what they will be getting in the future.

Old 03-21-2021, 01:14 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
All you really need to be tested for for immediate purposes, is really just the covid vaccine you want to get which I think you said was the JandJ. You won't be getting another Shingrix shot I presume, but for long term it would be nice to know which ingredient you were allergic to in case its in some other medicine or vaccine.

Looks like salt is the only shared ingredient that is identical between Shingrix and the JJ, but some of these may be similar enough to cause similar reactions. Chemistry wasn't one of my stronger subjects.

Shingrix has: glycoprotein E (gE) powder mixed with AS01 B adjuvant suspension. The adjuvant is made of 50 micrograms each of a plant extract (Quillaja saponaria Molina, fraction 21 (QS-21)) and a bacterial extract (3-O-desacyl-4’- monophosphoryl lipid A (MPL). Non-medicinal ingredients:
Cholesterol, dipotassium phosphate, dioleoyl phosphatidylcholine, disodium phosphate
anhydrous, polysorbate 80, potassium dihydrogen phosphate, sodium chloride, sodium
dihydrogen phosphate dihydrate, sucrose and water

The Jand J vaccine has : recombinant, replication-incompetent adenovirus type 26 expressing the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein, citric acid monohydrate, trisodium citrate dihydrate, ethanol, 2-hydroxypropyl-β-cyclodextrin (HBCD),
polysorbate-80, sodium chloride.

The wood dust of Quillaja saponaria from which the extract is taken is known to cause asthma in some people, so that's a good first suspect right there.

Thanks. Someone else had told me to be tested for polyethylene glycol and neomycin. I added Quillaja saponaria to my list.

Old 03-21-2021, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Thanks. Someone else had told me to be tested for polyethylene glycol and neomycin. I added Quillaja saponaria to my list.

There's no polyethylene glycol in either of those. The Pfizer vaccine has propylene glycol in it.

Old 03-21-2021, 07:52 AM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSOFFLine View Post
I have an immediate family member who received the Pfizer/BioNtec vaccine and had absolutely no problems afterwards. Not even headaches, arm soreness, simply nothing.

Everything I've seen and heard in the local media seems to indicate that you can't choose which of the now three vaccines you receive. (Pfizer/BioNtec, Moderna, or Johnson & Johnson)
In my state you go online and you choose the date and time and the vaccine. In theory you can choose the vaccine. But for myself it took a couple weeks just to find an appointment near me. I took the first one I could get which was Moderna.

Just go to the state or local website that is handling covid vaccines in your area and see what it says.

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 03-21-2021 at 08:07 AM..

Old 03-21-2021, 07:57 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
There's no polyethylene glycol in either of those. The Pfizer vaccine has propylene glycol in it.

Do you know what the difference is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness