Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2021, 12:06 PM

728 posts, read 303,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
I have to tell you, I’m loving it. I take it at night, like around seven or eight with a snack. I take all my evening pills that point. In about two hours I’m sleepy. I’ve been sleeping better on the beta blocker than I have since my husband died. I still wake up in the middle of the night. But that’s because my cats have a tendency to get the zoomies in the middle of the night and start racing around the house. On top of that I have some empty bookcases and one of the cats sleeps in them and starts chasing her tail which means it’s banging into the wall.

Last night, I waited until about 11 to take it. On purpose. I have been hearing left and right that midnight is the time when new appointments drop and I am desperate to get the shot — I want my corona vaccine. Hit 12:02 I was furiously tapping away on my phone, and I got an appointment on 9 April. I am going to get my shot. I am hoping it’s the one and done, Johnson and Johnson man!

I feel like I dodged a bullet getting away with a simple cough and losing my taste of sense and smell. Which hasn’t quite come back yet. Both my primary care physician and my cardiologist (now I have a cardiologist) are insistent that what is going on with me right now physically has nothing to do with my having had Covid.

That my symptoms are not consistent with the symptoms that other Covid people are having. Like my heart palpitations. My heart palpitations were worse at rest. The “caused by Covid” heart palpitations were people who were trying to exercise and then they realize that they’re having heart palpitations.

Sounds rough. What kind of health insurance do you have to deal with the treatment you are getting?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2021, 12:28 PM

7,241 posts, read 4,552,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
I almost certainly got it in Boston. I had it early. Students in Boston went back to China in late 2019 for Christmas break where they picked up the virus.
Though the antibody test says I didn't have it, I can't agree with the test.

I believe I got it also in Boston in late 2019 - 2 days after xmas.

I take the public transportation and the line the goes to and from the airport to South Station. I have no idea how many people who had covid 19 had taken that route in the days running up to Christmas. Not just from China but all over the world.

Most of the other people I worked with were not working those two weeks but I was and went in every day, until I got sick.

I suspect my covid is an earlier version and it doesn't show up on the antibody test.

Old 04-04-2021, 12:32 PM

7,241 posts, read 4,552,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
In the rush to get people vaccinated we are forgetting 40% are asymptomatic positive. Why aren't people being quick tested for the virus when being vaccinated? First of all, you don't want them on line infecting others, more importantly you don't want to over stimulate your immune response when you have covid as it can cause the cytokine storm that is deadly when fighting the virus.
A very good point.

Another reason I am not in any rush to get the vaccine and probably will be getting it at my local CVS after the mass panic is over.

Old 04-04-2021, 02:28 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
Just curious - I wonder if there are any national polls on this.

I think there are categories (i.e., community spread, etc. - forgot what the etc. is or what "community spread is even comprised of).

Where do you think you got it and do you know what the categories are?
I got it from close contact with a coworker I sat right across from.

Ironically, I made visits to high case areas in California (by plane) and Virginia and didn’t get it from that. I even attended a couple of house parties without masks and didn’t get it there.

Old 04-04-2021, 02:56 PM

22,182 posts, read 19,227,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
Just curious - I wonder if there are any national polls on this.

I think there are categories (i.e., community spread, etc. - forgot what the etc. is or what "community spread is even comprised of).

Where do you think you got it and do you know what the categories are?
i think i got it in Feb. 2020, over a year ago, before it was even being reported, when i attended a 4-day workshop with 150+ people sitting shoulder to shoulder in a hotel conference room, shaking hands, hugging, breathing the same air with poor ventilation and no open windows, huddled together in workgroups in a crowded environment. oh, and with international attendance. there were people from all over the country at the workshop, and people from outside the country, including the 4 presenters, who traveled internationally on a regular basis, teaching in several different countries in the preceding weeks.

a few weeks later Covid hit the news (March 2020), and several of us felt like we already had it and had recovered. we were not allowed to get tested, because the tests were being rationed to people with active symptoms (i work in a large medical center). it has now come out that it was more like December when cases were actually breaking out, with widespread contagion.

even late in the year in 2020, there was a lot more testing available, but still it was limited to patients at the medical center, and to people who had active symptoms. It was not until Dec. 2020 that i was required to get tested, because someone at work was around a family member who tested positive. So in Dec. 2020 i tested positive and had no symptoms, and quarantined for 14 days, because working at a medical center we practice maximum precautions for safety of patients and employees. my feeling is that i tested positive because i already had it (back in Feb. 2020) and had antibodies which caused the positive test. For comparison, the other SARS (same family as Covid) people who had it are still testing positive 17 years later.

Old 04-04-2021, 02:59 PM

728 posts, read 303,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
i think i got it in Feb. 2020, over a year ago, before it was even being reported, when i attended a 4-day workshop with 150+ people sitting shoulder to shoulder in a hotel conference room, shaking hands, hugging, breathing the same air with poor ventilation and no open windows, huddled together in workgroups in a crowded environment. oh, and with international attendance. there were people from all over the country at the workshop, and people from outside the country, including the 4 presenters, who traveled internationally on a regular basis, teaching in several different countries in the preceding weeks.

a few weeks later Covid hit the news (March 2020), and several of us felt like we already had it and had recovered. we were not allowed to get tested, because the tests were being rationed to people with active symptoms (i work in a large medical center). it has now come out that it was more like December when cases were actually breaking out, with widespread contagion.

even late in the year in 2020, there was a lot more testing available, but still it was limited to patients at the medical center, and to people who had active symptoms. It was not until Dec. 2020 that i was required to get tested, because someone at work was around a family member who tested positive. So in Dec. 2020 i tested positive and had no symptoms, and quarantined for 14 days, because working at a medical center we practice maximum precautions for safety of patients and employees. my feeling is that i tested positive because i already had it (back in Feb. 2020) and had antibodies which caused the positive test. For comparison, the other SARS (same family as Covid) people who had it are still testing positive 17 years later.

Lucky you.

Old 04-04-2021, 03:21 PM

15,639 posts, read 26,263,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenping View Post
Sounds rough. What kind of health insurance do you have to deal with the treatment you are getting?
Silver plan, California care.

Old 04-04-2021, 04:03 PM

22,182 posts, read 19,227,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenping View Post
Lucky you.
98% of people who had Covid in the USA recovered.
i'm not sure that's "lucky"

CLOSED CASES in the USA
Cases which had an outcome:
23,943,408 (98%) Recovered / Discharged

Old 04-04-2021, 04:06 PM

10,612 posts, read 12,132,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
In the rush to get people vaccinated we are forgetting 40% are asymptomatic positive. Why aren't people being quick tested for the virus when being vaccinated? First of all, you don't want them on line infecting others, more importantly you don't want to over stimulate your immune response when you have covid as it can cause the cytokine storm that is deadly when fighting the virus.
Also what they need to do is just suck up the cost and run the run the positive tests through the lab work needed to test whether the positive test is due to dead or live virus.

There are people testing positive months after having a first positive test. No one really thinks those people are infectious. But because they won't do what's needed to determine whether the test hit on live or dead virus those people can't go to work for two weeks, yet their not even infectious. It's ridiculous.

Old 04-04-2021, 04:53 PM

524 posts, read 246,606 times
I got it in last year from a coworker, who didn’t yet know she had covid because it was still very hard to get tested.

My husband most likely contracted it at work.

One of our children caught it, but we’re not sure how/where.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness