Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2021, 07:21 PM

10,895 posts, read 7,386,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
i think i got it in Feb. 2020, over a year ago, before it was even being reported,
it was being reported before February 2020; I think I first heard about it in December 2019.

News in February was worrisome enough that we stocked up on essentials (ya know, before the hoarders), and decided we needed to start being extra cautious in March, when we heard Tom Hanks got it. I guess that makes us celebrity followers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2021, 06:04 AM

1,860 posts, read 1,246,669 times
I know tons of people who have had it, and as time goes on more and more people all the time. My dad has it right now, most likely from a bar. My grandma with cancer had it, most likely the gym. My coworker had it, his gf and his mother with cancer all had it last year, got it from hospital. My entire family had it in January. My stepson who was 16 at the time got it at work in a fast food restaurant, came home one day and told us he didnt have smell or taste, we took him for a test and it was positive. Me and husband got sick 3 days later, both positive. 6 year old never got it.

My bosses wife had it 2 weeks ago then his kids got it. He never got it. He suspects he already had it just doesnt know when. I dont know anyone directly who has passed from it, just second hand (my grandma says her friend, my uncle says his mother etc)

My 1st vaccine appt is Thursday, Pfizer. I feel safe with my antibodies but with all the obsession over having the card, I figured may as well get it before they start requiring for the grocery store

Old 04-05-2021, 06:14 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,320,358 times
I thought I had it 1/20 but this January I thought I was fighting off a cold until I lost my taste/smell. So didthat sensory symptom evolve and I really had it twice?
Both episodes I got from coworkers.

Old 04-05-2021, 12:09 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
Just curious - I wonder if there are any national polls on this.

I think there are categories (i.e., community spread, etc. - forgot what the etc. is or what "community spread is even comprised of).

Where do you think you got it and do you know what the categories are?
Via process of elimination and timing I pretty much identified that LAX airport or Delta airlines back in November. Yes everyone was wearing masks. Delta blocked middle seats at that time, doesn't matter when your aisles are so skinny that when you are in the aisle seat everyone is brushing up against you and touching the seat backs to get to there seat.

Old 04-06-2021, 09:48 AM

3,711 posts, read 2,697,252 times
who cares? symptoms are cold-like anyway. before this insane hype started last year we didn't freak out about cold and flus. the media and pharma-controlled government now has most of us liking blubbing idiots willing to give up our rights and bodies all for profit - what the thugs at pharma wanted all along. reject and refuse.

Old 04-06-2021, 06:27 PM

7,930 posts, read 9,154,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalewskimm View Post
who cares? symptoms are cold-like anyway. before this insane hype started last year we didn't freak out about cold and flus. the media and pharma-controlled government now has most of us liking blubbing idiots willing to give up our rights and bodies all for profit - what the thugs at pharma wanted all along. reject and refuse.
I wish the symptoms were only cold like. Would have prevented my hospital stay. And maybe my 42 year old neighbor would still be alive.

Old 04-06-2021, 09:06 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,942,090 times
Quote:
You apparently don't know anyone who's had a bad case of it -- or died from it. Or anyone who has serious existing medical conditions. The symptoms of the cytokine storm that's typical of a bad case of COVID-19 are not "cold-like". What sources do you go to for your medical information?

Old 04-10-2021, 04:22 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
I find that fascinating that you only know 1 person with a confirmed case! How does that even happen?

My aunt got it in a nursing home, she was already ill, and she passed away after a long fight.

Out of my friends and family, about 10% of them have had confirmed cases, just like the percentages for our county and state. Most got it from a co-worker or friend, and in every case, the entire family or spouse did not get it from them.

I know one got it at an outdoor luncheon that was spaced out, from one other lady who got symptoms the next day.

No one I know that has gotten it has been reckless or an anti-masker.

Up until a few weeks ago, I only knew of one person (age 40) that had it really bad, he's a healthy guy too. He got it from his girlfriends family during Thanksgiving dinner. I know his mother but I don't know him.

I know MightyQueen's siblings have it with her sister doing really poorly. I don't know MightlyQueen off of the forum.

A few weeks ago the 28 year old son of my soul sister came down with a mild case of COVID. He's the actual first person that I actually know.

Old 04-10-2021, 05:06 AM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
i think i got it in Feb. 2020, over a year ago, before it was even being reported, when i attended a 4-day workshop with 150+ people sitting shoulder to shoulder in a hotel conference room, shaking hands, hugging, breathing the same air with poor ventilation and no open windows, huddled together in workgroups in a crowded environment. oh, and with international attendance. there were people from all over the country at the workshop, and people from outside the country, including the 4 presenters, who traveled internationally on a regular basis, teaching in several different countries in the preceding weeks.

a few weeks later Covid hit the news (March 2020), and several of us felt like we already had it and had recovered. we were not allowed to get tested, because the tests were being rationed to people with active symptoms (i work in a large medical center). it has now come out that it was more like December when cases were actually breaking out, with widespread contagion.

even late in the year in 2020, there was a lot more testing available, but still it was limited to patients at the medical center, and to people who had active symptoms. It was not until Dec. 2020 that i was required to get tested, because someone at work was around a family member who tested positive. So in Dec. 2020 i tested positive and had no symptoms, and quarantined for 14 days, because working at a medical center we practice maximum precautions for safety of patients and employees. my feeling is that i tested positive because i already had it (back in Feb. 2020) and had antibodies which caused the positive test. For comparison, the other SARS (same family as Covid) people who had it are still testing positive 17 years later.
Having antibodies does not make the test for the virus be positive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selhars View Post
Also what they need to do is just suck up the cost and run the run the positive tests through the lab work needed to test whether the positive test is due to dead or live virus.

There are people testing positive months after having a first positive test. No one really thinks those people are infectious. But because they won't do what's needed to determine whether the test hit on live or dead virus those people can't go to work for two weeks, yet their not even infectious. It's ridiculous.
Testing for live virus would have to be done in a high level biosafety lab and would be very expensive.

Current guideline summary:

https://msdh.ms.gov/msdhsite/_static...5,420,878.html

Old 04-10-2021, 05:30 AM

7,240 posts, read 4,548,286 times
Quote:
Yes, when I got it, I did have a moment of concern so I called the doctors office, this was before anyone knew anything.

My fever was 103 and that never happens and motrin wasn't doing anything -- and that never happens.

The doctors office imho literally poo pooed me and told me I shouldn't do anything but rest and push fluids. So I assumed I had a bad cold and went to sleep for a week. Even when I was up at night struggling with a terrible cough, it never occurred to me to go anyplace for anything... I just enjoyed the time I got at home and getting to watch tv all night long.

I actually wonder how many people died from their mental fear of being told they had covid and thinking covid was a death sentence. The mind is very powerful. I wouldn't even be surprised if when all is said and done that is a significant part of it.. the terror and fear of a positive test.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness