Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2021, 08:24 AM

3,426 posts, read 2,393,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
Thank you. I've always been a hand washer... even way before this Covid stuff ever started. I don't get up into ANYONE's face and don't like anyone's face in mine... except for my wife. The mask thing though is a little "iffy". I do wear one when inside in public places where others are wearing them. I don't wear one when in a restaurant and seated at a table.
That seems totally reasonable to me. It's how I've been handling it ever since they suggested that masks reduced the risk of spread.

Old 04-05-2021, 09:02 AM

9,848 posts, read 7,712,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
I don’t get why anyone would ask unless they were considering being in close, unmasked contact with someone and they haven’t yet gotten the vaccine. Post my getting vaccinated, I won’t care since it won’t effect me. I will continue to mask in indoor public spaces since there’s a mandate in my state. But in my home, I will dispense with masks and I will gladly tell anyone that comes into my home my vaccine status if they ask. They can then make a choice for themselves.

And thankfully, my 2nd Moderna shot is later today!
Why would people ask?

My friend was asked by his employer. He is a fireman and he has refused the vaccine.

My customer asked, in my public business. We were both masked while we discussed it. This is cancel culture, who knows what could happen if someone rabidly disagreed with me?

There are a couple of family weddings coming up. I anticipate that some will ask and possibly demand that all guests be vaccinated and/or masked. And I know that is not going to happen.

Old 04-05-2021, 09:15 AM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
True, but unless you're BRAGGING about having gotten it on social media and even in person, then it's abundantly clear that you haven't... If you decline to answer, that's a categorical NO, I haven't gotten it.

I just admit it. No shame in my game!
Well, I don't do that social media nonsense so I won't be bragging there one way or the other.

I consider my as informed as I can be decisions about vaccinations or any other medical issues, as personal and private to be shared only with my loved ones, so when I decline to answer questions to a stranger, or casual acquaintance, I do so because it's none of their business. I don't really care how they respond, or what conclusions they may draw from my response to their buttinsky questions.

No reason for any shame if you've made a truly informed decision, and decided to either wait, or not get the covid vaccine, and there is no reason to let anyone shame you into making a decision you are not comfortable with.

Old 04-05-2021, 09:22 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,936,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
No reason for any shame if you've made a truly informed decision, and decided to either wait, or not get the covid vaccine, and there is no reason to let anyone shame you into making a decision you are not comfortable with.
I use "admit" and "shame" facetiously. No danger of either here.

Old 04-05-2021, 09:31 AM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
I use "admit" and "shame" facetiously. No danger of either here.
I know.... I was making the statement generally, as I think there are many who succumb to decisions that aren't the best for them, out of intimidation, shame or to fit in with the latest and greatest....

Old 04-05-2021, 10:14 AM

13,611 posts, read 7,911,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
If you aren't getting the vaccine how to you deal with people asking about it and still not give away that you may not be getting it.
I'm not saying I'm not getting the vaccine, but "that's between me and my medical provider".

I've already been asked about it at work, and that's my response.

Old 04-05-2021, 10:16 AM

2,216 posts, read 2,936,227 times
I just told people what I was really feeling.

I would just say that I was on the fence about it since it is still pretty new and that studies haven't been done with people with my current medical conditions. I also added that I was not sure how effective they are with the new strains and how long the efficacy really is and may wait until more studies are conducted and more data is available on new strains. I also would add that I have never had a flu shot either.

HOWEVER last week I had a change of heart. Our state is opening up more and people are getting way too relaxed with safety protocols. Plus I really am missing spending up close and personal time with my kids. I miss hugging them! And it just so happened that my husband's place of employment (where they have a large medical office) had just received in some of the vaccine and were making it available to employees. So for us that was a sign that maybe it was time. So we got our first shot last week and I have to say I feel pretty good about it :-) Do I still have some concerns about it....sure....but my excitement about being able to spend more time with extended family and close friends and creating more memories far outweigh those concerns now.

Old 04-05-2021, 10:22 AM

24,598 posts, read 9,437,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
You mean like none of them are FDA approved with zero long-term safety or efficacy data?

That "conspiracy theory"?

OH WAIT...

Those are facts.

That's correct. The vaccines are not FDA approved, only emergency approved.

Which basically means you don't need it unless you're obese.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness