Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2021, 01:21 PM

3,528 posts, read 6,530,477 times

Advertisements

Maybe we should just say we don't have insurance, to speed the process. Or say we don't have the card.
We are likely going to a pharmacy to do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2021, 01:27 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,219,693 times
It works similarly for covid testing.

Old 04-09-2021, 01:42 PM

5,992 posts, read 3,731,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reebo View Post
Got shot yesterday in Virginia. No insurance card required. The website said to bring ID, but I didn't need that either. The whole process was quick and very well-run.
Well, it may have been quick, but I'm going to disagree on how well run it was. How could anyone consider medical vaccinations as being "well run" if the person getting the shot didn't even have to provide any identification? How would the facility know who they were giving a shot to?

There has been much heated discussion about "Vaccine Passports" and the possible need to be able to furnish one in order to get on a plane or commercial boat or perhaps even to get into some stores. So how is a vaccination center going to be able to confirm who they gave a shot to if they don't even require identification?

Perhaps these rules were established by the same people who don't think that an ID should be required to vote.

Old 04-09-2021, 01:57 PM

23,303 posts, read 18,837,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpasa View Post
Maybe we should just say we don't have insurance, to speed the process. Or say we don't have the card.
We are likely going to a pharmacy to do it.
Why make this so complicated? If it bothers you so much, call the pharmacy and ask them what you need. Can't imagine why one approach would be faster than another. If there's a line and you have to wait, you'll have to wait regardless. If you've ever used that pharmacy for other reasons you might run in to a snag if you claim you don't have insurance...as soon as you provide your name their records would show you do.

Honestly, I don't recall that the online mass vaccination clinic appointment request asked for any insurance-related information but suspect it didn't. It did ask for a verification of age, probably DL. The first clinic generated a vaccine record and created the appointment for the second.

Last edited by Parnassia; 04-09-2021 at 03:00 PM..

Old 04-09-2021, 02:00 PM

7,519 posts, read 13,624,634 times
When I signed up online for an appointment, the sponsoring hospital asked for insurance info as part of the sign up. At the time of the shot(s), I was not asked for card, only driver's license to confirm I was who I said is was. Also the CDC Record Card I got makes no mention of insurance.

Old 04-09-2021, 02:19 PM

10,897 posts, read 7,389,984 times
We had to provide insurance information when making the appointment online, but didn't need the card when we showed up to get shot.

Old 04-09-2021, 02:21 PM

5,847 posts, read 6,186,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Got my shots at a mass vaccination clinic. Brought my card because it lives in my wallet. No one asked for it.
Same here at my mass vaccination site in Texas. Had my second shot this week. Was never asked for insurance info or ID either time or maybe I was asked for ID the first time, but I know I wasn't this time (I can remember that only because it was 3 days ago, LOL).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
How could anyone consider medical vaccinations as being "well run" if the person getting the shot didn't even have to provide any identification? How would the facility know who they were giving a shot to?
To piggyback on my above comment, your point is a good one, and I was somewhat surprised to not be asked for my ID since I had already taken it out of my wallet and had it ready to go. They did, however, scan the QR code I received when I registered for the shot and asked me to verify several pieces of identifying info (including DOB), so there was some degree of verification going on.

Old 04-09-2021, 02:23 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,186,228 times
It depends on the state and who is giving the shots. We were not asked for anything about insurance for either shot, we did have to show IDs (age). When our in-laws got theirs, they were not asked about their age or occupations to verify eligibility.

Old 04-09-2021, 03:16 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,372,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpasa View Post
Thanks. Are people bothering with bringing their insurance info? They will pay nothing with or without insurance.
Yes, but if you HAVE insurance, why should they not pay? Let's get the right parties to foot the bill, shall we?

Old 04-09-2021, 03:18 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,372,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Ag 93 View Post
Same here at my mass vaccination site in Texas. Had my second shot this week. Was never asked for insurance info or ID either time or maybe I was asked for ID the first time, but I know I wasn't this time (I can remember that only because it was 3 days ago, LOL).

To piggyback on my above comment, your point is a good one, and I was somewhat surprised to not be asked for my ID since I had already taken it out of my wallet and had it ready to go. They did, however, scan the QR code I received when I registered for the shot and asked me to verify several pieces of identifying info (including DOB), so there was some degree of verification going on.
I have heard of people being asked 3 or 4 times through the process to show their QR code - while waiting in line to check in, while waiting in line to actually get the shot and then again during the observation period! Seems a bit extreme but I guess for a reason?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness