Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2021, 01:52 PM

43,097 posts, read 18,269,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeHoLee View Post
Pooh, now I can't find a store that ships to Idaho.
Delta 8 is not legal in Idaho. You may want to think about a "road trip"

https://mjbizdaily.com/more-states-b...ta-8-products/
The states that currently ban delta-8 THC entirely include Alaska, Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Idaho, Iowa, Mississippi, Montana, Rhode Island and Utah.

Last edited by TMSRetired; 05-17-2021 at 02:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2021, 06:52 PM

4,852 posts, read 3,647,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matisse12 View Post
Thanks for the list! I looked at a couple of the websites earlier this week and found the Delta 8 gummies to be a bit expensive at about $1.20 each. Or small amounts of gummies for rather a hefty prices.

I know you said in an earlier post that you found some on sale.

Maybe too it is just getting accustomed to their cost.

Any suggestions concerning cost? I need gummies - I'm not interested in vaping at all and would not vape.
I purchased quite a bit during the "420" sales. I just bite the bullet and purchase it. Stockpiling and keeping in freezer and fridge.

I was paying around $28 for ten THC gummies when I lived in (legal) WA state. I find the gummies are about $1 each or so.

I would sign up with these sellers and you may get free shipping or a coupon.

Have purchased locally and have found brick & mortar CBD stores are significantly more expensive.

Old 05-17-2021, 06:56 PM

4,852 posts, read 3,647,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hefe View Post
This thread is the first I've heard of Delta 8 as opposed to the usual legal cannabis discussions. I've ordered some gummies from one of the recommended sites & will be interested if it helps with some mild pain & sleep issues that have arisen this year.
If you are using gummies start out w/half or 12 mg or so. Takes about 1.5 hours to hit.

Old 05-18-2021, 12:01 PM

35,075 posts, read 31,302,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschrief View Post
If you are using gummies start out w/half or 12 mg or so. Takes about 1.5 hours to hit.
I guess this depends on the person.

I am a bigger guy who smokes very occasionally (probably a handful of pulls every two weeks or so), so I should be less susceptible to THC effects than someone smaller who never partakes. 25mg gives me a mild, comfortable high. 50mg is still a comfortable, but much heavier high where I basically want to watch TV for a bit then go to sleep.

My girlfriend, who hasn't smoked in decades, got nothing at all off one gummy. There may be some genetic component to this.

Also, I wouldn't take a gummy before bed if you are already completely exhausted. I did a 3.5 mile hike last night, half of it in the rain, and ate late. By the time I came home around 8:30, I was completely spent. I ate a couple gummies at 9 and was in bed by 10. I "chopped" through the night, sleeping poorly.

I think the gummies made me sleep worse already being dead tired and eating late didn't help either.

Old 05-18-2021, 05:21 PM

5,712 posts, read 4,289,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
This forum is the first I've heard about Delta-8. I've tried CBD tincture to help with chronic pain due to both knees being bone on bone and it did nothing for me. I ordered the D8 gummies and was pretty amazed at how well they worked to achieve the complete body relaxation and pain free feeling that I was looking for. Slept well, too.

The only downside is the foggy, headache-y feeling the next day. Kind of like a hangover. I don't think I'll stop taking them, though, and plant to stock up before these products get banned. I fully expect some do-gooder politician to introduce a bill to do just that.

Look into nerve ablation. No hangover and it can last up to a year

Old 05-19-2021, 01:12 PM

938 posts, read 424,288 times
I’m really liking the delta-8 in tincture form. Lite calming and pain gone. Much better than getting high. Used to smoke weed in the 70’s and have vaped med THC in the past. Now I see there’s delta-10. Ordered one to try.

Like some others, I’m loading up before it gets the legal chop.

Old 05-19-2021, 01:50 PM

1,764 posts, read 1,158,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillinICT View Post
I’m really liking the delta-8 in tincture form. Lite calming and pain gone. Much better than getting high. Used to smoke weed in the 70’s and have vaped med THC in the past. Now I see there’s delta-10. Ordered one to try.

Good to know. I might have to make the trip to Oregon to get some.

Old 05-19-2021, 02:20 PM

8,238 posts, read 6,581,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillinICT View Post

Do you prefer the Delta-8 tincture more than the gummies? Or have you tried gummies?

Just wondering which to buy....

Old 05-20-2021, 01:56 PM

1,764 posts, read 1,158,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeHoLee View Post
Pooh, now I can't find a store that ships to Idaho.
Welp, I just ordered some from a store that didn't have a list of places they don't ship. I kept expecting to get a message that they don't ship to my zip when I put my address in, but no. It went through. We'll see if it actually comes.

Old 05-20-2021, 08:36 PM

938 posts, read 424,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matisse12 View Post
Do you prefer the Delta-8 tincture more than the gummies? Or have you tried gummies?

Just wondering which to buy....
For my pain I’ve used gummies with 5:1 CBD to THC. For me, the drawback to gummies has been you suck on it for much longer than just getting to the point of getting to where you want to go. Meaning, gummy under the tongue for a while or, tincture same way. Tincture, 5 minutes and you’re on your way to drink water or what ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness