Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2021, 01:24 PM

4,180 posts, read 5,060,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post
...In particular, very little is known about the effects the vaccine has on adaptive and innate immune responses, or how this innate reprogramming might interfere with other vaccines...
Where's the proof that this innate reprogramming is happening ?

Old 05-14-2021, 01:26 PM

4,180 posts, read 5,060,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medical Lab Guy View Post
..."Very little is known about the effects the vaccine has on adaptive and innate immune responses" is not true...
Agreed, couldn't rep you again yet.

Old 05-14-2021, 02:36 PM

11,276 posts, read 19,569,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
Let me simplify: Anti-vaxxers think the covid vaccines are gonna hurt ya.

Old 05-14-2021, 02:52 PM

3,122 posts, read 2,066,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medical Lab Guy View Post
Not the way science works. One makes actual observations and then tries to provide hypothesis to which to test to try and explain those observations. "Very little is known about the effects the vaccine has on adaptive and innate immune responses" is not true.
It's true. Very little is known about the effects on innate immune responses. To declare otherwise is denying the scientific method.

Quote:
We know enough to make a vaccine and we know enough about the outcome of taking the vaccine.
Exactly, we know enough to do this much and little beyond this is known. Leave the researchers to flesh it out, complete it. There may be unintended consequences or there may not be.

Research is not to be feared or stifled because it may uncover something we don't like. Let's find out if the vaccine technology induces innate immune consequences and, if so, resolve them. That's how science works.

Quote:
We have not seen or observed interference with other vaccines or any opening of Pandora's box.
That is not how science works. Let's wait for the research.

Quote:
You are writing science fiction where you invent observations and then invent hypothesis explaining those invented observations. The is the field of science fiction.
False accusation. I have not written fiction or invented anything.

Old 05-14-2021, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly Q. Bobalink View Post
That about sums it up.

Actually, I'm looking forward to the day when "we" can affect our immune systems, and eliminate diseases such as arthritis, AIDS, allergies, Sarcoidosis (RIP Bernie Mac), and others (Lupus?) I expect my own life to be significantly shortened (and impaired) because of an over-active immune system, so bring it on.
Trained immunity is here. Hang in there, you might see it used for your affliction in your lifetime.

Old 05-14-2021, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post
Where's the proof that this innate reprogramming is happening ?
The scientists found evidence that suggests it and that is why they are calling for larger studies.

How is this not clear?

Old 05-14-2021, 04:52 PM

10,552 posts, read 7,750,499 times
Quote:
It's true. Very little is known about the effects on innate immune responses. To declare otherwise is denying the scientific method..
A lot is known about how the mRNA vaccines effect the immune response to Covid. They greatly improve it. We have a year's worth of information now.

Last edited by Arktikos; 05-14-2021 at 05:31 PM..

Old 05-14-2021, 05:02 PM

3,154 posts, read 2,067,215 times
Quote:
Trained immunity is here. Hang in there, you might see it used for your affliction in your lifetime.
Thanks for the hopeful thought.

So, partially on the basis of this thread, I went out this afternoon and got the J&J vaccine (I've been thinking about it for weeks, but this thread made me get off my arse and search out a provider this morning, ended up at CVS). Barely felt the injection itself (left deltoid), but after a couple of minutes, developed minor pain at the injection site, which went away about five minutes after that. So far, no other side effects in the last couple of hours.

The implanted microchip might come in handy, maybe I can sell it to an automaker so they can churn out one more F150. I really like the idea I don't have to get another shot in a month, but we'll see how that works out. My neighbor shared her daughter's story with me, she experienced all kinds of weird allergic-reaction symptoms she's blaming on the J&J, but I obviously wasn't deterred. I'll let y'all know if I experience any long-lasting reaction.

Sincerely,
Curly Q. Lab Rat

Old 05-14-2021, 05:03 PM

1,147 posts, read 861,964 times
Quote:
It's true. Very little is known about the effects on innate immune responses. To declare otherwise is denying the scientific method.

Exactly, we know enough to do this much and little beyond this is known. Leave the researchers to flesh it out, complete it. There may be unintended consequences or there may not be.

Research is not to be feared or stifled because it may uncover something we don't like. Let's find out if the vaccine technology induces innate immune consequences and, if so, resolve them. That's how science works.

That is not how science works. Let's wait for the research.

What you are saying makes no sense. If we accept your word for it that we know very little about the effects on innate immune responses then how are we supposed to predict long term impact on the innate system now based on the little what we know?

There is no test that we can do right now to able to predict what will happen in twenty years. The test that were done in the preliminary study that you value so much on were test tube studies that were very controlled to eliminate variables thus a closed system analysis. There's tons of problems with test tube systems and extrapolating those findings to open system whole person outcomes. Hydroxychloroquine worked fine in test tubes. The whole intent of vaccines are to change the immune system just like infections do. That's the way the immune system works. It's dynamic and not a static system.

Who is fearing research? We are doing research now and for the next ten years on mRNA virus vaccines as post study analysis. There's no way to do long term safety studies without giving out the vaccine for long term. Short term studies proved no problem and the clock has started back when the first people were vaccinated.

The one who is more fearful is you about the research. You want your fear to prohibit the use of the vaccine based on hypotheticals that have not been peer reviewed nor published during pandemic that is killing people. that makes zero sense.

Old 05-14-2021, 05:30 PM

5,710 posts, read 4,284,252 times
Quote:

You and the science writer invented "warnings" that didn't exist in the research.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness