Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2021, 09:57 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,554,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackphantom89 View Post
Thanks. I don't know if i'll be able to find any of these near the place I live in, but I'll try to do so

Hopefully you do have at least one of those doctors so that at least you can have answers.

How tall are your parents? I've never been to Spain so I'm not sure what the usual height is for people who live there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2021, 06:36 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,636,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousgeorge5 View Post
Definitely. I don't see why he can't have a better than decent life. There dwarf actor from Game of Thrones has an average height wife (I think).
Yes, Peter Dinklage' wife is normal height looks like.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/tv/ga...3h5GJesSN.html

Old 06-21-2021, 04:51 AM

7 posts, read 5,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Hopefully you do have at least one of those doctors so that at least you can have answers.

How tall are your parents? I've never been to Spain so I'm not sure what the usual height is for people who live there.
I'm not really sure. My father must be between 170cm and 180cm, and my mother about 160cm

Old 06-21-2021, 04:54 AM

7 posts, read 5,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orbiter View Post
Natural way of promoting overall well-being and retain your height
- eat a healthy diet with protein, calcium,
- exercise outdoor (sunlight / vitamin D)

How to Become Taller Naturally
https://www.wikihow.life/Become-Taller-Naturally
Thanks, I'll try it

Old 06-21-2021, 05:35 AM

Quote:
I'm not really sure. My father must be between 170cm and 180cm, and my mother about 160cm

Your father is about 5'9" with your mother being about 5'2" according to the conversion tool. Sounds like you got the height gene from your mother and not your father.

I'm 5'8", my daughter is about 5'4", she got the short height from my mother and my ex's mother.

Old 06-21-2021, 05:38 AM

61,699 posts, read 87,101,195 times
Quote:
Hello, I'm a 17 years old male and my height is 137 cm (4ft 6in). I've always been really short, but I don't think I'm going to grow much taller and I'd like to do something about it as soon as I can. What should I do?
You posted that question all over the Internet. Not enough advice? What did YOUR doctor say?

Old 06-23-2021, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
You posted that question all over the Internet. Not enough advice? What did YOUR doctor say?

LMFAO! I googled, see you're right.

He lives in a little village in Spain, rarely sees a doctor.

Old 06-27-2021, 12:49 AM

182 posts, read 76,753 times
OP, Since you live in a rural area of Spain, and don't usually see doctors, here is my input:

+ At what age you reached your puberty? Some boys have early puberty around 11-13 yo, then they will grow fast around the age of 11-16, then grow little to no grow in 18-25.
With guys have late puberty, then they can stay short and boyish until 15-16, then usually have a grow spurt to match or exceed their father's height, if there were no medical conditions involved.

So if you in the later case, don't worry to much, try to play sports that promote height growth like swimming, basketball, volleyballs, avoid distance running, lifting heavy weights, eating more proteins and calcium, avoid fat.

Guys can still grow in their 18-25, not all of them though.

_+ Don't worry too much, try to study and build your good characteristics, as knowledges and kindness are some of the most important values in a guy, not the height.

+ If after all of that and you still don't grow to the height that you are comfort with, then you have an option;

Save your money and contact some Japanese doctors in Japan. ( I'm sure some other countries do this kind of operations too, but real people I know had the operations from Japand}. They offer special operation to increase the height of a person to around 10 centimeters. The cases i know were females.

Basically they will break your bones in both legs and make some inside extensions. The operation is painful and could take months to recover. You will have to stay in beds in month and required to have some physical exercises afterward.

The operation cost will be high. Estimation is around 15k-30k(?). I'm not sure, but they had done that for Japaneses and people from other countries already over a decade ago. You'll have to look.

After the operation, you will have longer legs which would make you look more attractive. Cons: Not suitable to participate in heavy sport or carrying heavy weights.

There my 3 cents.

Old 06-27-2021, 04:28 AM

61,699 posts, read 87,101,195 times
They do it in Spain too. However there are many cons to consider. It surely costs WAY MORE than $15-30K.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-55146906
https://www.insider.com/men-paying-f...be-tall-2020-1

Old 06-27-2021, 09:44 AM

5,711 posts, read 4,286,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBQEgg11 View Post
_+ Don't worry too much, try to study and build your good characteristics, as knowledges and kindness are some of the most important values in a guy, not the height.

Right you are. Using this as your measuring tape, you will soon find that many people are much smaller than you are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness