Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2021, 09:46 PM

4,043 posts, read 3,770,251 times

Advertisements

I have a torn hip labrum from a sports injury and I'm not sure why it took me this long to finally do something about it, but I got an MRI the other day and it's confirmed that I have one. I'm going to PT tomorrow so I hope it helps. Since I've had it for years, it feels like it might not ever go away or that I might need surgery. I also have a bit of osteoarthritis, sciatica, scoliosis, chronic pain and stiffness... basically, I feel like I'm falling apart. Does anybody have any inspirational story about recovering from a torn hip labrum without surgery? I hope recovering from that can help fix the other issues. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2021, 10:13 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,517,506 times
Actually, my daughter tried at her surgeon's advice to give it time to heal on its own. She went the PT route at first but 2 weeks ago yesterday she finally had surgery to fix it. She came back from her follow up visit with pictures from her surgery. Her leg was almost completely unattached from her hip and that wasn't evident from the MRI's she had.

There is a group on Facebook that may provide you with more info on other's experiences.

Since you haven't had surgery I assume you are not my daughter.

Last edited by myrc60; 05-24-2021 at 11:32 PM..

Old 05-25-2021, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
Actually, my daughter tried at her surgeon's advice to give it time to heal on its own. She went the PT route at first but 2 weeks ago yesterday she finally had surgery to fix it. She came back from her follow up visit with pictures from her surgery. Her leg was almost completely unattached from her hip and that wasn't evident from the MRI's she had.

There is a group on Facebook that may provide you with more info on other's experiences.

Since you haven't had surgery I assume you are not my daughter.
Ok, thanks! I'll check it out. How long did your daughter have it? How is she now ?Lol I'm pretty sure my mom doesn't come on these forums.

Last edited by Gabriella Geramia; 05-25-2021 at 05:48 AM..

Old 05-26-2021, 01:07 AM

She had PT again on Tuesday (its now Wednesday). She's learning how not to bend from the hip that was the problem. Apparently she's had this problem since 2007 and 3 years ago she went to a surgeon that dismissed her symptoms. When I saw the tear in her hip I was very mad at the surgeon for making her wait years for this surgery. She was to the point where she couldn't walk without pain.

Old 05-26-2021, 09:30 AM

Wow, sorry to hear that. The first doctor I went to dismissed my pain too so it took me a long time to really do anything about it. I think if it was treated right away, it wouldn't be getting worse every year.

Old 05-26-2021, 02:48 PM

Thanks. When you are in constant pain, there is a reason for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness