U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2021, 07:14 AM

5 posts, read 1,065 times

Advertisements

OMG, someone help, please. I read through a similar post, Bedbugs & Mites, but nobody complains about the bite being painful when bit. I get bit only at night and they leave no marks on the skin or the sheets. I can not find anything. We did have bedbugs, but I bombed with specific Bedbug bombs and no longer get the itchy bites everyone talks about. Whatever is biting me, there are many, I can feel them moving around in the bed. When they bite, it feels like it's coming from a mouse sized something. We have no rodents and find no droppings. This is going on for 6 months. Every time I think we solve the issue it comes back. They seem to like biting my butt and it hurts! Not gnats, fleas or mosquitos. Nobody mentions it being painful when they bite. Not after. They seem to be in groups, I can see movement in the sheets, but never find anything. When I sit on the bed, it feels like I've pissed something off and they come running biting my butt like crazy trying to get me out of their bed. I cant sleep there so it is their bed. I had the mattress in a huge vacuum zip lock storage bag with all the air sucked out. Memory foam beds can be shrunk by 80%. I left it like that for 10 days. when I set it back up, oh there's no box spring, when I set up the bed all was well all day and into the night. About 5am they go crazy biting me on my butt! 4 exterminators found nothing. People think I'm crazy. Maybe thats it, I donno any more. Please God, someone help.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2021, 07:19 AM

1,897 posts, read 897,887 times
Darn! From the title of this thread, "Painful Bites While in Bed", I thought this was going to be about kinky sex.

Old 05-31-2021, 07:29 AM

hysterical. In case it didn't come off correctly, that was sarcasm.

Old 05-31-2021, 08:14 AM

57,650 posts, read 46,117,275 times
If there's no visible bite and no visible mite (LOL I made a rhyme!) or whatever, and no exterminators can find anything, yes, you might be crazy. I mean, you say you can see movement under the sheets but no visible bite?

You are using the term "we" so I am assuming you have a partner. Is the partner getting bitten in the bed too? Or is it just you?

Old 05-31-2021, 08:16 AM

15,691 posts, read 15,730,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
Darn! From the title of this thread, "Painful Bites While in Bed", I thought this was going to be about kinky sex.
I did too, that's why I'm here lol

I don't have any experience w/ bed bugs, sorry OP! Sounds like you need a new mattress/bedding though for sure, I hope you find some relief soon, this sounds horrible..

Old 05-31-2021, 08:20 AM

1,998 posts, read 678,835 times
Have you tried sleeping elsewhere ?
Could it be peripheral neuropathy?

Old 05-31-2021, 08:31 AM

"peripheral neuropathy" making lumps in the bed mobile, I don't think so

Old 05-31-2021, 08:44 AM

57,650 posts, read 46,117,275 times
OP, please answer my question!

Old 05-31-2021, 08:47 AM

1,897 posts, read 897,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
If there's no visible bite and no visible mite (LOL I made a rhyme!) or whatever, and no exterminators can find anything, yes, you might be crazy. I mean, you say you can see movement under the sheets but no visible bite?

You are using the term "we" so I am assuming you have a partner. Is the partner getting bitten in the bed too? Or is it just you?
Maybe the bugs are jumping off the partner looking to find some new blood.

It might be time to consider getting a different partner.

Old 05-31-2021, 11:33 AM

The bites to my butt that actually sting a bit don't cause the little itchy bumps. I believe that was from Bed Bugs, I saw one with a magnifying glass in a seam this morning, not long after a Bed Bug Bomb, so maybe a mite? I'm telling ya, there are multiple issues here. The little bites used to just be annoying, last night they hurt slightly when they bite.

Yes Katherine, It's just me downstairs. No issues upstairs yet. When I sleep on an air mattress, I don't seem to have a problem, although it was on the air mattress that I killed a tiny something this morning, but the mattress had been on top of the air mattress, don't ask. What I killed this morning on the air mattress had legs and looked like some of the photos online. I could only make out the little legs with a 10x magnifying glass. One day the bed bug treatments seem to help, another day they do not. I did read that both bed bugs and mites become resistant to the chemicals.

I am just miserable and don't know what else to try or who else to call. The exterminator that was here last week didn't see signs of bedbugs, but I have the little red itchy bites they cause and sometimes bed bug spray works. Again, the little slightly painful bites to my rear end don't turn into itchy bumps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness