U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2021, 05:37 PM

818 posts, read 1,474,064 times

Advertisements

I posted in the Huntsville Alabama forum about the flea infestation I had last week. My pets are handled. I am not.

Please help me figure out how to get rid of these ba@tards. I now have chemical poisoning and have to go to the ER to have some lab testing. I have problem lungs due to a birth defect and my lungs are very susceptible to infection. I am very ill.

My friend told me about Avon Skin So Soft Bug lotion but she's 2000 miles away. Amazon Prime doesn't handle it and it will take me days to get a hold of it.

Is there any other EFFECTIVE LOTION for insect bites that I can put on my skin?? I bought some OFF! Deep Woods but it seems so toxic. Afraid to use it.

I just don't know what to do anymore. Pin prick bites on my ankles and legs, and arms and neck. I used the best fogger there is and it only lasted about 3-4 days. And now I read that we are not even supposed to be using foggers.

Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2021, 05:38 PM

2,028 posts, read 689,661 times
You have to use it several times,as the eggs are protected from the fogger and after they hatch,you will kill them with fogger

Old 06-01-2021, 05:40 PM

2,028 posts, read 689,661 times
some said fleas are attracted to light and water,so place a plate of water with a light shone on it,cant recall who said that?

Old 06-02-2021, 12:32 PM

818 posts, read 1,474,064 times
I'm thinking I will do that. After hearing that trick, I opted to use a fogger. Read the internet. Many sites say to never use a fogger. It worked for 3-4 days. Not doing it again. Mainly because I developed pneumonia from breathing the residual fumes (I have lung issues from birth). Now sick as a dog.

I just don't see how using a light is going to address the egg issue.

I found a solution to the Avon problem. Many women sell it right in my hometown and have inventory.

Old 06-02-2021, 06:06 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,219,127 times
A vet told my sister to do this. She had tried everything and no luck, and was going nuts. This was possible for her because her house was not large. She was told to vacuum the house every single day, every room, and try to get into all corners. Take the bag out immediately and throw it away outside. She did this every day and in two weeks there was no longer a problem.
Oh, and she walked around her house wearing white socks. Fleas are attracted to white, and if there were any around, she could see one or two on her socks.
Hard work, but it is effective. And no toxins.

Old 06-02-2021, 06:49 PM

18,964 posts, read 23,841,544 times
Get an exterminator.

Old 06-02-2021, 06:50 PM

436 posts, read 315,898 times
If you have carpet use 10 Mule Team Borax. Years ago I had a flea problem in a house. Vacuumed the house, sprinkled Borax on all of the carpets. Let it sit (I don't remember how long) and then vacuumed again. Fleas were gone.

Do not put this on carpet if you have animals. If you have animals they need to be removed from the home while you are treating it.

Old 06-02-2021, 09:05 PM

3,732 posts, read 1,435,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
I posted in the Huntsville Alabama forum about the flea infestation I had last week. My pets are handled. I am not.

Please help me figure out how to get rid of these ba@tards. I now have chemical poisoning and have to go to the ER to have some lab testing. I have problem lungs due to a birth defect and my lungs are very susceptible to infection. I am very ill.

My friend told me about Avon Skin So Soft Bug lotion but she's 2000 miles away. Amazon Prime doesn't handle it and it will take me days to get a hold of it.

Is there any other EFFECTIVE LOTION for insect bites that I can put on my skin?? I bought some OFF! Deep Woods but it seems so toxic. Afraid to use it.

I just don't know what to do anymore. Pin prick bites on my ankles and legs, and arms and neck. I used the best fogger there is and it only lasted about 3-4 days. And now I read that we are not even supposed to be using foggers.

Got fleas? You gotta remove their pathway, to you. Spray toxic chemicals in your yard, tobacco juice around the perimeter of your house (stops ants, too!)

Have your pets relocated during this time, so they aren't exposed to the toxins. Once the toxins are inert, bring your pets back. You may need to "spot" shot areas for a couple weeks (to kill the eggs,) but after that, your pets will be happier too.
Oh, you gotta spray inside your house, too.

Old 06-02-2021, 11:07 PM

46,482 posts, read 66,686,831 times
Get pest control treatment . You have to get rid of fleas first. Just putting ointments on flea bites won't solve the problem.
World, Europe, Texas, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Lubbock, Tyler, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee, Minnesota,
Economics, Investing, Personal Finance, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 06-03-2021, 12:21 AM

19,535 posts, read 15,345,466 times
Funny to find this thread since our immediate area has squirrels and now one
domestic pet with fleas carrying 'the plaque'. What plaque you ask? Who knows. Colorado.
I ordered Vet's+Best Flea and tick and mosquito Repellent; you hook onto your hose and spray everywhere outside.
Natural, plant based with peppermint and clove oil.
I'm buying White Vinegar at the $1 store to just pour around the borders if my property ---
apparently they don't like it...will it help?
Well, I would turn in the other direction if I was a bug!
The white socks on carpet trick is excellent!

Coconut oil with
drops of Lemongrass, Basil, Geranium (essential oils from a Health food store, all cheap)
Put that yummy combo on your ankles, socks, feet and watch .. Fun experiment.
NO flea will jump onto you from the carpet!

And no mosquito will ever land on you--they will still buzz around you, tho!

An exterminator just uses too many very toxic chems for the orig poster, imo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness