Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2021, 12:19 PM

5,517 posts, read 2,403,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Avoid all wheat, most processed foods, high fructose corn syrup, and soy. You will have zero weight problems. It actually takes effort to read all food labels...
Yeah I would say any of those things in excess would cause problems but avoid them all? I think that's a bit excessive. Whole grains contain fiber that provides many benefits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2021, 02:49 PM

5,707 posts, read 4,278,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Yeah, long long ago I learned that blaming others for something that only I could control didn't get me very far, or even off the starting line. I also learned that as far as weight loss/ control is concerned, there is no magic pill, fat burner,vibrating belt, or any other gimmick that will make excess pounds disappear without any effort by the user. It's just a fact of life.

I don't know why, but I'm always surprised by the numbers of people who seem to believe all those "magic" pills, potions or gimmicks that will make those pounds disappear all by themselves, advertised everywhere you look. And these folks express disappointment, surprise and anger that they didn't lose any weight when they were expecting the product to do it all for them. I guess this gullibility that flies in the face of reality is the reason the marketing of the products is so successful.

Oh but you are so wrong! You just haven't found the right magic bullet yet. Have you tried any of these?

And my personal fave...

Oh YUMMERZ!!!!

Old 06-10-2021, 08:46 PM

1,699 posts, read 2,431,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
I think in many cases it is disease/disorder. If you eat one cookie from the box and have been with someone who cannot eat just one cookie even though they know it is bad for them and they feel guilty doing it, you know they have a problem they can't control without help.
It is not a disease. It is just self control. The rest of the planet stays fairly normal.
Just eat at home, take homemade food with you. By bread at a bakery. Eat fruits. And get your fat ass out your car. Not personal btw.....

Old 06-10-2021, 11:49 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,581,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnivalGal View Post
Smoking rate in the US has been steadily declining and is at an all-time low. As a now non-smoker (quit 20+ years ago), I can honestly say that I haven't been in a convenience store in at least 5 years. Honestly, unless you smoke, you really have no reason to. So I think those numbers reflect that. I think less people ARE smoking (overall sales of cigarettes reflect that). Cigarettes just happen to be the sole reason a lot of people go to convenience stores.
Maybe Im biased since I work for such a company, but dealing with the tobacco reps and seeing the sales data, it sure seems like the tobacco companies are doing VERY well right now!

I met with the RJ Reynolds rep not long ago to discuss changes to their space, he was telling me they just finished building a state of the art R&D lab at their headquarters! They are going to start building their own cigarette racks soon (Altria has a lock on this currently). Doesnt sound like a company that has lost such a high percentage of customers as many claim!

I talk to the lady from Altria (Phillip Morris) frequently as well, they are the #1 cigarette company, and have been for decades...Altria is doing VERY WELL right now too.

Old 06-11-2021, 05:26 AM

14,933 posts, read 12,130,043 times
Quote:
Avoid all wheat, most processed foods, high fructose corn syrup, and soy. You will have zero weight problems. It actually takes effort to read all food labels...
That's part of it.

Old 06-11-2021, 08:20 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,688,561 times
How would it stop people from recreational eating? Majority of Americans have an insulin problem that lead to their sweet tooth. I easily lose weight every day because I don't eat the foods that causes fat storage. Most Americans simply chooses not to eat healthy because it doesn't satisfy their taste buds.

Old 06-11-2021, 09:50 AM

26,404 posts, read 46,555,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel350z View Post
Yeah I would say any of those things in excess would cause problems but avoid them all? I think that's a bit excessive. Whole grains contain fiber that provides many benefits.
I consume plenty of whole grains that AREN'T wheat, and they all contain fiber. Kind Bars and Quinoa are examples... I avoid them all (except for a few processed foods every so often). It is quite easy to do.

Old 06-11-2021, 09:52 AM

26,404 posts, read 46,555,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
That's part of it.
I would say it is a sizable percentage of it, especially since wheat is an appetite stimulant.

Old 06-11-2021, 04:13 PM

10,100 posts, read 1,022,094 times
How about: Eat less, Eat healthy, and Exercise.

Old 06-17-2021, 06:39 AM

5,517 posts, read 2,403,312 times
Quote:
I consume plenty of whole grains that AREN'T wheat, and they all contain fiber. Kind Bars and Quinoa are examples... I avoid them all (except for a few processed foods every so often). It is quite easy to do.
Eating wheat free vs whole grains will not magically solve someone's weight problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness