Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Well
Plants Without Flowers (I am thinking allergies) 3 5.77%
Plants With Flowers 1 1.92%
Aquarium 12 23.08%
(Medically inclined) Brochures & Magazines 1 1.92%
Coffee and/or Drink with cups & supplies (before Covid) 7 13.46%
Magazines (not medically related brochures) 8 15.38%
Area for Kids and/or Kid Items (like a child book) 2 3.85%
Other 18 34.62%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2021, 01:50 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,449,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
This subject reminded me of my childhood doctor back in the 60s. He was big-game hunter which I loathed even back then. The whole waiting room was filled with stuffed animal heads, tiger-skin and head on the floor and other taxidermy from his safaris. I was fascinated but repelled.

I love aquariums too but it must be a lot of cost and effort. I thought it would be really cool to have a wall-type TV screen showing our little sand crabs running around on a loop. They get up on hind legs and fight with each other and are very comical and entertaining with their little eyes on stalks and huge claws.

Down here what you get is a crucifix with Jesus in agony on it. Not really great for a medical setting! Or a plaster Mary statue in the corner.
Omg! I'd say : Hey Doc, any of those things on the waiting room wall your patients? Cuz If'ns thats the case, I reckon I am as fit as a fiddle! See ya!!! And skedaddale I would!! No wonder kids don't like getting a shot! That doc would say, but kiddo I shot them thar foxes .

Good golly every doc office I sit and wait. Chairs are stifling uncomfortable. Bland walls and three or four bill boards with current "Did you know...." flyers. No I don't want to pay more for my doctors visit for them to decorate the waiting room. Just get some bean bag chairs and call it a day. I suspect those chairs were for some torture done in medieval times!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2021, 03:15 PM

20,935 posts, read 28,414,875 times
If i am going to be at the doctor waiting awhile then I like to watch TV. Usually it's News 12 LI which I don't mind.

Old 06-14-2021, 09:01 AM

50,367 posts, read 63,948,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Omg! I'd say : Hey Doc, any of those things on the waiting room wall your patients? Cuz If'ns thats the case, I reckon I am as fit as a fiddle! See ya!!! And skedaddale I would!! No wonder kids don't like getting a shot! That doc would say, but kiddo I shot them thar foxes .

Good golly every doc office I sit and wait. Chairs are stifling uncomfortable. Bland walls and three or four bill boards with current "Did you know...." flyers. No I don't want to pay more for my doctors visit for them to decorate the waiting room. Just get some bean bag chairs and call it a day. I suspect those chairs were for some torture done in medieval times!!!
I totally disagree. If a doctor cares nothing about the well being and comfort of his patients, I don’t want him. It shows a lack of regard.

Old 06-21-2021, 09:49 PM

17 posts, read 10,496 times
All Doctors care to a degree about thier paitents... Those who dont surely wont be in business long.....

I like a good atmosphere while in the waiting room.. Not a bland wall colour but nice vibrant colours with books and such to read while waiting.......

Old 07-10-2021, 02:42 AM

8 posts, read 3,290 times
Just nice people inside the waiting room is enough for me...... I dont need any fanciness or anything,just give me someone nice to talk to and im happy..

Old 07-10-2021, 06:13 PM

4,412 posts, read 4,900,190 times
My doctor's office has a homemade sign on the wall advertising the Portugese sausage for sale that an employee makes.

Old 07-14-2021, 01:30 AM

16 posts, read 10,613 times
Heh I wonder if that really draws them any business in a waiting room

That wouldnt be on my mind I dont think..........

EDIT:

I picked Aquarium on the poll....

Old 07-15-2021, 11:00 AM

326 posts, read 200,505 times
At my doctors office last week and I noticed the stool that she was using was completely tore up and definitely needed replacement. I feel like I want to bring her a replacement

Old 07-15-2021, 03:29 PM

17,569 posts, read 13,344,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookiesAndCream2 View Post
I am just wondering what people find work the most if you would. As someone who likes fish I am always impressed when there's an aquarium.

I expect a clean and sanitary waiting room and a very short wait. Nothing else

Old 07-15-2021, 04:17 PM

9,453 posts, read 5,212,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookiesAndCream2 View Post
I am just wondering what people find work the most if you would. As someone who likes fish I am always impressed when there's an aquarium.
I like multiple things .... but your poll choices only allow for one:

plants
current magazines
a subdued paint color
clean and bright

At an OBs office I used to go to...she had finger paintings from all the kids she'd delivered - nicely framed - as well as those photos (can't remember the artist) with like a baby in a teacup. Paint was a lovely, soothing color. It was a welcoming and comfortable office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness