Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2021, 10:00 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times

Advertisements

Im hoping someone knows the details about this, I remember reading something a long time ago about it, but I cannot recall much. Ive noticed I will sometimes get heart 'pain' (more like a sensation/ache), but as soon as I belch, the sensation is gone, its a very strange feeling. I believe there is a name for this as well.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2021, 10:16 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,203,824 times
Italians call it "agita"

Could be indigestion, reflux, lots of innocuous things.

Have you seen a gastroenterologist? They can diagnose many of those kinds of problems and prescribe medications and diet modifications to help you.

Old 06-29-2021, 11:36 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,976,739 times
That could be lots of things...it could be angina pectoris, but it could also be GERD.

For any kind of chest pain, see your doctor, don't mess around with it.

Old 06-29-2021, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgardener View Post
That could be lots of things...it could be angina pectoris, but it could also be GERD.

Yes, I have recently talked to a few doctors about this, they ran all kinds of heart related tests on me, everything comes back fine/normal.

I do have a Precorrdial catch though...my family doctor explained that it feels more serious than it really is, but Im just wanting to be sure, I know indigestion can cause 'heart burn' and acid reflux too.

Old 06-30-2021, 07:36 AM

7,253 posts, read 5,126,001 times
The vagus nerve carries all the messages for the center of the chest, and they are vague, difficult to consciously conceptualize messages (Try describing "nausea.")

Increased pressure in the esophagus from gas, or irritation from acid there may be described as "pain" or as "acid" but heart related pain (angina) can also send the same message....Because the heart lie sideways upon the diaphragm, just above the stomach, with the left ventricle touching it, angina/MI is more often described as nausea than as chest pain.

Any symptom emanating from the chest or upper abd should be investigated in reference to heart, lung and GI sources.

Old 06-30-2021, 07:47 AM

9,853 posts, read 7,724,981 times
My grandma had supposed heart problems for many years. Then a new doctor told her just to pat her chest until she burped (which was unladylike) and she never had any other problems. I was just telling my granddaughter about this last weekend.

Old 06-30-2021, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
My grandma had supposed heart problems for many years. Then a new doctor told her just to pat her chest until she burped (which was unladylike) and she never had any other problems. I was just telling my granddaughter about this last weekend.
When my Primary care doctor found I had a Precorrdial catch, he told me when I start feeling the pain/sensation, take a very long and deep breath...surprisingly this usually does stop it right away!

If this was something more serious or heart related, burping or taking a deep breath would certainly not get rid of it!! (that is somewhat comforting)

Old 06-30-2021, 04:00 PM

7,058 posts, read 9,078,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgardener View Post

It could also be a sign of a swollen gallbladder- gallstones. It is potentially deadly if the gallbladder ruptures. An ultra-sound can be a useful diagnostic...and much cheaper than a nuclear heart test. Yeah, there's a story here, about a Harvard educated doc with no common sense, and a drywall installer.

Old 07-06-2021, 01:31 PM

4 posts, read 2,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto
Increased pressure in the esophagus from gas, or irritation from acid there may be described as "pain" or as "acid" but heart related pain (angina) can also send the same message....
Thats what I was thinking it was,gas buildup....... I dont burp often so it could be in my case also....... (Sometimes I drink alot of stuff that forms Gas and I dont hardily burp so I dunno)

Old 07-09-2021, 02:13 AM

23,172 posts, read 26,189,754 times
Maybe not aligning with the advice if others but if it gies away when you burp, why worry about it?
Seems to me you've answered your own question
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness