Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2021, 10:43 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,093,931 times

Advertisements

Were you injured by the vaccine?

My rotator cuff has not been the same since two months ago, when I got the first vaccine in my left arm.

(I got the second dose in the right arm, and that one is fine.)

Now I experience a sharp pain whenever I move my left arm a certain way. It is excruciating!

I can't get an appointment to see my doctor until mid-August. Should I go to an emergency clinic?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2021, 11:01 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,976,739 times
Any vaccination that is given incorrectly can cause a shoulder injury related to vaccine administration (SIRVA).

No, I've never had a vaccine given incorrectly that caused a shoulder injury, not even when they used those giant nail-sized needles when I was vaccinated as a child.

Old 06-16-2021, 12:05 PM

23,292 posts, read 18,810,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgardener View Post
Any vaccination that is given incorrectly can cause a shoulder injury related to vaccine administration (SIRVA).

No, I've never had a vaccine given incorrectly that caused a shoulder injury, not even when they used those giant nail-sized needles when I was vaccinated as a child.
Agree. If there was an injury it wasn't the vaccine itself but the administration.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31540569/

No, you don't need to go to the ER. Anti inflammatories may help.

Old 06-16-2021, 02:02 PM

7,255 posts, read 5,126,001 times
When the vax first came out, out local, unimaginative TV news outlets gave ( and are still boring us with) a daily report on CoVid. They showed film clips of people getting their shots-- every one of them given incorrectly right in the middle of the deltoid area where there's little muscle but a whole lotta bursa....I bet there's a lotta bursitis going around due to that.

With an inflamed bursa, one probably alters their mechanics, putting a strain on the other components of the joint, possibly leading to other injuries, including rotator cuff inflammation or even tears.

Heat, rest and NSAIDS (if you tolerate them). If it doesn't get better over some course of time (weeks), then medical evaluation is in order.

Old 06-16-2021, 03:03 PM

810 posts, read 870,883 times
From another article on SIRVA that was posted in a CD thread on the Shingles vaccine:

"It is common to experience a dull muscle ache after a vaccine injection, but that pain disappears within a few days. By contrast, SIRVA will result in pain that begins within 48 hours of vaccine administration and does not improve with over-the-counter painkiller medications. People experiencing these symptoms should talk to their doctor. An ultrasound scan is necessary to diagnose SIRVA and determine the level and type of damage. Treatment includes a corticosteroid injection to the shoulder or physiotherapy. Though SIRVA is fairly uncommon, it also often goes undiagnosed."

https://uwaterloo.ca/science/news/ho...tration-injury

Old 06-16-2021, 03:23 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,568,432 times
How do flu vaccine shots injure the shoulder?

When a flu shot is improperly administered, the needle can cause damage to the nerves, muscles and other soft tissue beneath the surface of the skin. This damage can lead to various types of injuries, all of which are classified as SIRVA. The most-common forms of SIRVA linked to improper flu shot administration are:

Adhesive capsulitis
Rotator cuff injuries
Shoulder bursitis
Shoulder tendonitis
While most patients who are diagnosed with these injuries can fully recover with proper treatment and rehabilitation, recovery takes time, and the pain and physical limitations caused by these injuries can impact all aspects of their lives.

https://vaccinelaw.com/lawyer/2020/0...rm_bl39403.htm

Old 06-16-2021, 06:47 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,093,931 times
Thanks!

Pain started right after the first dose, about 8 weeks ago.

Ibuprofen has zero effect.

The following daily activities cause intense pain:

Putting on or taking off a bra
Brushing my hair

Old 06-16-2021, 09:52 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,251,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Were you injured by the vaccine?

My rotator cuff has not been the same since two months ago, when I got the first vaccine in my left arm.

(I got the second dose in the right arm, and that one is fine.)

Now I experience a sharp pain whenever I move my left arm a certain way. It is excruciating!

I can't get an appointment to see my doctor until mid-August. Should I go to an emergency clinic?
My last flu vax did that. I go to the same place I get the same guy except last time. I have no trust built up with the new guy and as he went to do it I tensed way up and I paid for it.

Old 06-17-2021, 07:48 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,568,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Thanks!

Pain started right after the first dose, about 8 weeks ago.

Ibuprofen has zero effect.

The following daily activities cause intense pain:

Putting on or taking off a bra
Brushing my hair
It's now too late to take ibuprofen and cold treatment. You might try massaging the area, applying heat, and taking aspirin. I've had rotator cuff tears twice due to baseball injury. When I injured them or re-injured them, the ibuprofen and cold pack worked for about a day. Taking aspirin before sleep will keep the pain down so you don't shift your body around and re-injure the shoulder. So if your pain is significant when you wake up, applying a cold pack will help. A dull pain probably won't respond to that. Only you know best at this point what works and what doesn't.

Old 06-17-2021, 10:05 AM

3,711 posts, read 2,696,101 times
Over 4,000 deaths due to Covid vaccines and thousands more injured. According to CDC. Numbers are certainly much higher as many injuries not reported for various reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness