Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2021, 02:35 AM

9 posts, read 4,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndVictor View Post
I have had reflux for 4 years now. Tell me, is there a way to recover from it?
And throwing bile into the stomach. They say you can heal with visceral massage
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2021, 10:52 AM

5,713 posts, read 4,286,950 times
Quote:
I have had reflux for 4 years now. Tell me, is there a way to recover from it?

Eat less.

Old 09-21-2021, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
Eat less.
So this is the problem, I already eat very little. I lost 20 kg. Throwing bile into the stomach every morning, and when hungry.

Old 09-21-2021, 06:27 AM

5,713 posts, read 4,286,950 times
See a doctor

Old 09-21-2021, 09:16 AM

3,124 posts, read 2,068,179 times
Look up the list of foods and drinks that are known triggers for acid reflux and avoid them.

Look up the list of foods that help acid reflux and eat them.

Don't eat within 3 hours of going to bed.

Elevate your upper body a few inches when sleeping.

Herbal teas that help are licorice root, marshmallow root, ginger root, slippery elm.

See a gastroenterologist if the problem persists after a few weeks of self care.

Last edited by SimplySagacious; 09-21-2021 at 09:31 AM..

Old 09-22-2021, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post
Look up the list of foods and drinks that are known triggers for acid reflux and avoid them.

Look up the list of foods that help acid reflux and eat them.

Don't eat within 3 hours of going to bed.

Elevate your upper body a few inches when sleeping.

Herbal teas that help are licorice root, marshmallow root, ginger root, slippery elm.

See a gastroenterologist if the problem persists after a few weeks of self care.
What you described, I am doing it.
I was in the hospital 2 times. I went through a full examination. I drank the tablets as directed. But nothing changes.
Is there a way to get rid of reflux? I've heard that veceral abdominal massage helps.

Old 09-22-2021, 12:03 PM

3,124 posts, read 2,068,179 times
Quote:
What you described, I am doing it.
I was in the hospital 2 times. I went through a full examination. I drank the tablets as directed. But nothing changes.
Is there a way to get rid of reflux? I've heard that veceral abdominal massage helps.
Stress or anxiety are said to be causes too. If you think either of these could be the problem, look up ways to help you manage it.

Make changes if what you consume is not helping. Research every single thing you consume to make sure you haven't overlooked something.

Old 09-24-2021, 10:18 AM

422 posts, read 282,203 times
I bought a recipe book, Dropping Acid. They have soup recipes in it but non that sound good to me or the ingredients I can't use.

Old 10-18-2021, 09:22 AM

14 posts, read 11,589 times
I feel for you. I'm going through my issues with silent reflux too, just started a really boring and bland diet to calm things down. I've been looking up recipes myself and stumbled on this, maybe it will work for you. Here's the recipe, but you need to take out the ham, onion, pepper and bullion. The person posting this recipe said she added some salt and dill and whole wheat flour and almond milk to it.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/56...Z_T-OXZUUDQjCQ

Hope it helps you.

Old 10-18-2021, 09:48 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,156,596 times
I have made veggie broth in my Instant Pot. I saved veg peels and cutoffs in the freezer. I then put everything in the pot with water and spices, and ran the broth program.

I added some Better than Bouillon veggie concentrate either after, or before running the pot.

You do not use any cabbagey vegs in this. Choose vegs which flavors you like. Leave out tomatoes, obviously. I happen to like celery, so celery goes into my stuff. Carrots are good. Potato peels are good, if they have bern scrubbed, and if there aren’t too many of them. Mushroom stems are good. Put in an onion and garlic, if you tolerate them.

If I were doing this totally with fresh vegs, I’d lean heavily on fresh mushrooms, I think.

Good luck.

For a good non irritating soup, consider making potato soup. I make mine in my IP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness