Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2021, 08:48 PM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
Y

So in a nutshell.... my "choice" not to get vaccinated leads to a MANDATE of wearing face masks.
In many parts of the country yes. Choices have consequences. I am a Libertarian and believe people should have the choice on vaccination. However I do encourage people to get the vaccine. That is my opinion and 1st Amendment right. Lots of people drink themselves to death. I am 100% for the sale of alcoholic beverages. But I support people with a drinking problem to get help. That is my opinion and 1st Amendment right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2021, 06:48 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,211,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
woops i was wrong it wasn't third not sure where I got that idea.. it was 7th-- still a big number.

https://www.cdc.gov/pcd/issues/2021/21_0123.htm
Revealing how many of those co-morbidities are diet related. Controlling one's diet is key to being healthy and instrumental in fighting disease and infection.

Old 07-21-2021, 06:53 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Everyone has different anecdotal stories. They are real and important but not always an accurate overall picture. I know lots of people who got really ill and several that died including family members. Everyone's story is a little different.
I agree. I'm just giving my personal reasons for focusing on the number of hospitalizations and deaths vs cases.

Old 07-21-2021, 06:54 AM

7,234 posts, read 4,542,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
Revealing how many of those co-morbidities are diet related. Controlling one's diet is key to being healthy and instrumental in fighting disease and infection.
Yes absolutely. Most important imho is sugar which seems to really be a risk factor even if you don't have diabetes.

I first learned about the study on a channel called High Intensity health on you tube and that guy advocates healthy living. And he got covid and it was like a head cold for him.

Old 07-21-2021, 07:51 AM

3,483 posts, read 1,403,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
In many parts of the country yes. Choices have consequences. I am a Libertarian and believe people should have the choice on vaccination. However I do encourage people to get the vaccine. That is my opinion and 1st Amendment right. Lots of people drink themselves to death. I am 100% for the sale of alcoholic beverages. But I support people with a drinking problem to get help. That is my opinion and 1st Amendment right.

A good friend of mine once told me that it's IMPOSSIBLE for our choices not to affect other people. He's is 100% right about that. And that's the problem with the world today. We all want choice and freedom because we only think it affects ourselves, but that is far from the truth.

Old 07-21-2021, 08:06 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,211,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
A good friend of mine once told me that it's IMPOSSIBLE for our choices not to affect other people. He's is 100% right about that. And that's the problem with the world today. We all want choice and freedom because we only think it affects ourselves, but that is far from the truth.
There's a reason we are required to stop for red lights. Our "freedom" not to would endanger other people.

Old 07-21-2021, 10:09 AM

3,465 posts, read 4,835,336 times
How should be approach the future concerning Covid? Simple, if you are worried about it, get vaccinated if you have not. If you are like many of us and have already had the virus itself over the last year do as we have been doing for a year now and continue to go on with life and let others sit around and worry themselves to death about it. If you haven't had the virus itself or been vaccinated either and you aren't concerned with it, continue to not be concerned while continuing on with life.

It seems pretty simple to me but then again, I'm not a worrier, not paranoid and don't watch CNN.

Old 07-21-2021, 02:01 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,654,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dijkstra View Post
How should be approach the future concerning Covid? Simple, if you are worried about it, get vaccinated if you have not. If you are like many of us and have already had the virus itself over the last year do as we have been doing for a year now and continue to go on with life and let others sit around and worry themselves to death about it. If you haven't had the virus itself or been vaccinated either and you aren't concerned with it, continue to not be concerned while continuing on with life.

It seems pretty simple to me but then again, I'm not a worrier, not paranoid and don't watch CNN.
My advice is to stay informed. This disease apparently changes from day to day, even from minute to minute if we were to watch it that closely. Every time a new variant appears, it's different from the others. The Delta is much more contagious but not necessarily more deadly. So now you have an even better chance of getting Covid.

Depending upon a lot of things, like how much exposure, how old you are, whether or not you are diabetic, if you are overweight, you could get a nasty case that might make you wish you could just die. From what people have told me, it's THAT bad. If you're only in your 20s or 30s and not overweight, you might just get the sniffles--but you would be passing Covid around.

I don't think people who are concerned about getting Covid should be taunted with names like "paranoid" or "worrier" or be told that they watch too much tv. Keep that kind of talk to yourself because Covid is not a disease to mess around with and there is very good reason to worry and to be careful. Worrying and being careful are not always negatives.

The experience of having Covid, if you've actually spoken with anyone who had a bad case (not some kid who only had mild symptoms) can be horrific. The after effects can be devastating too--damaged lungs are one result and of course, the thing they are referring to as Long Haul Covid or Long Covid. Ruins people's lives.

As an older person (who doesn't even get CNN tv!) I will start to wear a good mask by September if the numbers keep going up. I'm fully vaccinated but we are hearing that the vaccines are starting to wear off and are getting less and less effective so when booster shots become available, I'll be glad to get one. I don't think any of us are being brainwashed by researching and gaining reliable information and then applying it to our own situation.

Old 07-21-2021, 02:08 PM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
The reason why there are no long term studies on COVID 19 vaccinations is because the vaccines haven't been used widely and long enough for there to be quality long term studies. And so what if we have to get a booster shot? Personally it doesn't bother me, but then I get the flu shot every year. In the past I forgot to get it one year and got the flu but every year that I get the flu vaccine, I don't get the flu - any flu. So there's that.

So basically here's how I respond to any vaccine I've ever gotten: Well. Few side effects, if any. Don't get whatever illness I've been vaccinated for. However, if I don't get a vaccine, I often do get whatever disease (flu and tetanus come to mind immediately - I've had both when I wasn't vaccinated but have never had any disease I was vaccinated for).

Research is still being done and I'm OK with that. It's a new world, a new disease, all that good stuff.
You had tetanus????

Old 07-21-2021, 02:41 PM

3,465 posts, read 4,835,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
My advice is to stay informed. This disease apparently changes from day to day, even from minute to minute if we were to watch it that closely. Every time a new variant appears, it's different from the others. The Delta is much more contagious but not necessarily more deadly. So now you have an even better chance of getting Covid.

Depending upon a lot of things, like how much exposure, how old you are, whether or not you are diabetic, if you are overweight, you could get a nasty case that might make you wish you could just die. From what people have told me, it's THAT bad. If you're only in your 20s or 30s and not overweight, you might just get the sniffles--but you would be passing Covid around.

I don't think people who are concerned about getting Covid should be taunted with names like "paranoid" or "worrier" or be told that they watch too much tv. Keep that kind of talk to yourself because Covid is not a disease to mess around with and there is very good reason to worry and to be careful. Worrying and being careful are not always negatives.

The experience of having Covid, if you've actually spoken with anyone who had a bad case (not some kid who only had mild symptoms) can be horrific. The after effects can be devastating too--damaged lungs are one result and of course, the thing they are referring to as Long Haul Covid or Long Covid. Ruins people's lives.

As an older person (who doesn't even get CNN tv!) I will start to wear a good mask by September if the numbers keep going up. I'm fully vaccinated but we are hearing that the vaccines are starting to wear off and are getting less and less effective so when booster shots become available, I'll be glad to get one. I don't think any of us are being brainwashed by researching and gaining reliable information and then applying it to our own situation.
You are talking to someone who had Covid 19 in the very beginning way back at the end of May beginning of June 2020. I know exactly when and where I caught it on Memorial day weekend well over a year ago. I also know somewhere between 40 to 50 people who have had it. So yeah, I have first hand knowledge. We never stopped going and have been exposed numerous times. We had an atibodies test done while having routine annual blood work about 8 weeks ago and still have Covid antibodies. We have never gotten sick again but have had a couple of times we suspected we were exposed and our immune system was fighting it off. We aren't going to be getting vaccinated for the simple fact that we do not need it.

Anyway, my point is we are now in the phase of this where the vaccine is easily accessible to anyone who wishes to have it so there should not be anymore shut downs or restrictions. If people choose not to get vaccinated and have not already had the virus and they then catch it and become very sick, well it is on them for making that decision. It is time to move on with life because we have pretty much reached the point where not a significant percentage more of the population is going to get vaccinated. We can't keep shutting down and ruining peoples lives because of other people's life choices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness