Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2021, 09:06 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,037,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post
You quoted the updated guidelines. They were updated yesterday, prompted by breakthrough cases and new data. Since May the guidelines were different.

How could guidelines that were just reversed yesterday be common knowledge already? How could the masses have had data the CDC didn't have until now?

Folks can downplay the mask and distancing reversal all they want, or even ignore it. I'll say again, vaccinated people with high risk factors for SARS2 would be wise to not rely on the vaccine alone to protect themselves as previously stated and believed by the masses - or to rely on the vaccine to prevent them from transmitting SARS2 to anyone but especially to high risk family members and others as previously stated. New data says otherwise.

They can ignore the new data that a vaccinated person can have as much viral load as an unvaccinated person. Viral load is the number of times a virus has replicated inside the body. They can also ignore that vaccinated people are transmitting the virus more than previously known. This changes things whether they 'believe' it or not.

Stop stating that it is new information that vaccinated people can transmit Covid. That is NOT NEW information. In fact, we know that not only from Covid, but from many other viruses including flu. This is common knowledge for all but the dumbest citizens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2021, 09:59 AM

1,147 posts, read 861,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious;61547323e.

[I
"Data shows vaccinated people can have as much viral load as unvaccinated people."[/i] per the CDC head Walensky
I googled that quote and got no hits. That quote doesn't exist. It doesn't exist because it doesn't make sense and it doesn't make sense because you have twisted the hell out of any logical context in order to fit your spin.

Old 07-28-2021, 10:00 AM

3,122 posts, read 2,066,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Stop stating that it is new information that vaccinated people can transmit Covid. That is NOT NEW information. In fact, we know that not only from Covid, but from many other viruses including flu. This is common knowledge for all but the dumbest citizens.
Try harder to comprehend the post you quoted, and the reasons the CDC updated some guidelines yesterday. This thread is about COVID as we go into fall and winter. Ignore new data as you wish.

MedicalLabGuy - the source was linked in a previous post.

Old 07-28-2021, 10:07 AM

2,032 posts, read 1,655,886 times
Quote:

They can ignore the new data that a vaccinated person can have as much viral load as an unvaccinated person. Viral load is the number of times a virus has replicated inside the body. They can also ignore that vaccinated people are transmitting the virus more than previously known. This changes things whether they 'believe' it or not.

Maybe so but the real question is how often is that the case? I suspect, not that often. I'm not wearing a mask because people refuse to get a free, widely available, effective vaccine.

Old 07-28-2021, 10:38 AM

3,122 posts, read 2,066,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northrick View Post
Maybe so but the real question is how often is that the case? I suspect, not that often.
Apparently enough for the CDC to reverse some of its guidelines.

Quote:
I'm not wearing a mask because people refuse to get a free, widely available, effective vaccine.
That is not what prompted the reversal. It's to protect vaccinated people, and for vaccinated people to protect themselves especially those with high risk factors.

Last edited by SimplySagacious; 07-28-2021 at 10:47 AM..

Old 07-28-2021, 12:14 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,651,685 times
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-delta-variant

Rochelle Walensky said “new science†observed in recent days demonstrated that new variants of the coronavirus were transmissible by people who have been fully vaccinated in some cases.

She continues, " ... with the Delta variant we now see in our outbreak investigations that have been occurring over the last couple of weeks, in those outbreak investigations we have been seeing that if you happen to have one of those breakthrough infections that you can actually now pass it to somebody else.â€

Tuesday, referring to scientists’ discovery of the Delta strain shedding as actively in breakthrough infections as it does in unvaccinated individuals, despite the rarity of breakthrough cases.

Old 07-28-2021, 12:32 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Quote:
You quoted the updated guidelines. They were updated yesterday, prompted by breakthrough cases and new data. Since May the guidelines were different.

How could guidelines that were just reversed yesterday be common knowledge already? How could the masses have had data the CDC didn't have until now?

Folks can downplay the mask and distancing reversal all they want, or even ignore it. I'll say again, vaccinated people with high risk factors for SARS2 would be wise to not rely on the vaccine alone to protect themselves as previously stated and believed by the masses - or to rely on the vaccine to prevent them from transmitting SARS2 to anyone but especially to high risk family members and others as previously stated. New data says otherwise.

I have known for months and months and months that the vaccines don't prevent all transmissions or all hospitalizations or all deaths for that matter. I don't think the CDC has ever said otherwise.

Old 07-28-2021, 12:34 PM

Quote:
I didn't say the guidelines haven't changed. I know the CDC updated the guidelines yesterday and I've even pointed that out myself. What I was saying was that for many months I thought it was common knowledge that the vaccines didn't prevent vaccinated people from spreading the virus, and that no vaccine is ever going to be 100 percent, including this one. I believe the CDC site said this as well.

Old 07-28-2021, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Thank you.

Old 07-28-2021, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northrick View Post
Maybe so but the real question is how often is that the case? I suspect, not that often. I'm not wearing a mask because people refuse to get a free, widely available, effective vaccine.
I generally wear a mask when it's required or mandated. Occasionally I also wear a mask if I think I should, say for instance, due to a lack of social distancing for whatever reason.

Quote:
CDC head Dr. Rochelle Walensky said last week the delta variant accounts for 83% of all cases recently sequenced in the U.S. On Tuesday, she reiterated that the pandemic has become one of the unvaccinated, who account for the vast majority of cases, hospitalizations and deaths. However, the delta variant has made it possible that people who have breakthrough infections after being vaccinated can transmit the virus to others. Data shows vaccinated people can have as much viral load as unvaccinated people, she said.
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/cd...19-11627399505

If people aren't vaccinated, I guess they should take other precautions as necessary or just choose to take their chances. Heck the same goes for the vaccinated, though our chances of actually getting sick, hospitalized, or dying of COVID are greatly reduced by the vaccine. I wear a mask pretty often, I am vaccinated, I socially distance, wash my hands often and use hand sanitizer, and I take multiple supplements. Not doing anything else at this point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness