Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2021, 09:22 AM

1,299 posts, read 851,182 times

Advertisements

My simple question to parents who refuse to immunize their kids against common childhood illnesses [not flu or covid] , what kind of evidence would you like to see that will change your mind ?

Thanks

Old 07-20-2021, 10:37 AM

1,147 posts, read 861,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad01 View Post
My simple question to parents who refuse to immunize their kids against common childhood illnesses [not flu or covid] , what kind of evidence would you like to see that will change your mind ?

Thanks
Part of the problem ironically is the actual success that vaccination programs have had. You have to understand that a lot of the endemic infectious agents that we had around are unheard of by the general public. When I took pathogenic bacteriology there was a lot of bacteria that I had never heard of. When there was outbreaks in the general public most of the time the actual name of the agent nobody cared about. It was simply called meningitis or the by a symptom based name. If it didn't infect out area or never came to our area then nobody cared on a local scale.

Vaccination programs target specific organisms which is why the list of vaccines expanded. People started complaining about the number of vaccines once success was achieved with vaccines. They got used to not seeing those infections and with no outbreaks it left the minimal consciousness it had to begin with. Who needs something nobody has heard of and it is not causing problems on a large scale?

People tend to believe that they can do without vaccines because of the decreased incidence they see. The number tends to be increasing as they can still hide behind herd immunity created by people who vaccinate.
People have come up with modern age theories concerning bringing up children in sterile environments limiting exposures to organisms as detrimental to immunity development. They claim immunity derived through natural infections is more robust and they through measles parties. They claim diseases with low death rates and call them benign like measles. They claim that vaccines are unsafe because they are unnatural and foreign to the body. Anything manmade is bad and by definition unnatural and so the body handles it differently than what it does with natural products.

Good luck my friend. I hope we don't get back to the way it was before the vaccines to get people to vaccinate because of the rapid rise of infections we fought off successfully years ago.

Old 07-20-2021, 02:09 PM

23,270 posts, read 18,799,167 times
Its not a simple question OP. Do we really need yet another vaccine debate? They are usually pointless and endless. Read the TOS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness