Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2021, 03:46 PM

8,078 posts, read 7,444,309 times

Advertisements

Every hotdog eaten shortens life by 36 minutes

In other news, researchers have found that a statistic is abused every 10 seconds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2021, 04:02 PM

2,634 posts, read 2,678,853 times
So if I eat over 1.1 million hot dogs, will I start to travel back into the past? In other words, we’ve figured out how to time travel, assuming you don’t drop dead from a heart attack first. If I eat 2.2 million hot dogs, I will have died in 1879. Maybe it’s just me, but something might be off with this equation.

Old 08-23-2021, 06:06 PM

1,156 posts, read 941,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
Every hotdog eaten shortens life by 36 minutes

In other news, researchers have found that a statistic is abused every 10 seconds.

81.3% of internet statistics are false. The rest of them are made up.

Old 08-23-2021, 11:55 PM

2,360 posts, read 1,440,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
I am not afraid of death. I fear all of the deterioration leading up to death.
I'm with you on that one.

Plus, I like green vegetables, so that must balance out all the hot dogs, donuts & other crap I've eaten...right???

Old 09-07-2021, 05:28 AM

1,994 posts, read 1,261,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
They actually calculated this, amazing.

So I assume eating a portion of nuts will then counteract the damage from the hot dogs?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/every-hot...142355450.html
ooo add 1/2 hour from eating peanut butter and jelly? Oh oh I'm with that! :-) Guilt? or no guilt?

Old 09-07-2021, 05:31 AM

1,994 posts, read 1,261,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal25 View Post
81.3% of internet statistics are false. The rest of them are made up.
Yes, I mean how did "researchers" figure the minute figure out? lol, it's funny. They followed data of people who ate hotdogs? lol, I don't think so! Although it sounds good about the peanut butter & jelly type thing, now I don't have to feel guilty when eating it.

Old 09-08-2021, 06:00 PM

13,073 posts, read 7,515,583 times
Cool True loss of health.

real life story: cover your eyes if need be.

I lost, at least, one hour of my life doing this.

so, I was out joy riding this past Saturday. Uneventful bus and lightrail to Capitol Hill neighborhood, Seattle.
I 'was' going to transfer on arrival at Capitol Hill Station to my final destination, Volunteer Park, (reopened Seattle Asian Art Museum, Conservatory, and Bruce's & Brandon's Lee graves).
On my exit, I see and hear a street faire. Haven't been to one in 2 years. What Fun. What Joy.
It's the, LGBTQI PrideFest
Five blocks of LGBTQIs showing off and being seen.
Did the walk down the gauntlet twice; up and down, up and down. I'm beat.
Then I came across a unauthorized place, a corner.
Eye Contact.
The guy/gal/whatever, said melodically, "wanna a, hot dog {the topic of thread}?, Free. No obligations. And I could sit while eating too"
I ate the whole thing. No mayo available, so it went down dry. But there was ketchup, mustard, and bad sweet relish
The guy/gal/tranny/whatever said, "Honey if you're still hungry, we got burgers, too. How do you want it? "
Replying, with expectations, "I like'em rare, and juicy if you can do it but well done is good too. I'm not choosy when it's free." I feed the piggy $7 bucks and was slightly admonished, gratefully, and told they give away hotdogs weekly to the neighborhood community. I guess it satisfies them.
I get the burger, its a generous piece of meat, a bit overdone. Looked at the white bread buns and again realize that there was no mayonaise or any oil to help slide the dry meat down.
Not to be a ungrateful guest, I spied dill pickles, and asked if it wasn't too much trouble, could I have a couple of pickle slices between the buns. Pickles make the burger
I get a WHOLE pickle, a 6 incher - 2 in diameter. I can't eat this. It's too big. It's too much. My mouth can't open that wide. It's full of salt. I'm going to literally die if I eat the whole thing { blood pressure and heart rate issues - plus an additional 2 hours life reduction}. I decide to set beastie aside and admire it.
Finish the burger, said my thanks. Grabbed the pickle with both hands and proceeded to lick, suck, and nibble. I fit right in with the festival's gaiety

I made it home to my wife of 50 years. We're not talking to each other (had a tiff about what I can/cannot eat).

Old 09-08-2021, 06:05 PM

2,140 posts, read 1,209,244 times
"Every hotdog eaten shortens life by 36 minutes" --- but but buttt ... what about if you take an hour to eat the dog??? Hmmmmmm?

Old 09-08-2021, 06:29 PM

3,055 posts, read 2,928,264 times
Oh no. I'm in trouble. I love hotdogs!

Old 09-09-2021, 12:41 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,206,701 times
I just had lunch, and lost another 72 minutes of my life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness