Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2021, 09:45 PM

8,227 posts, read 3,419,408 times

Advertisements

I got the Johnson & Johnson covid vaccine about 3 months ago. Soon after getting it, I had severe nausea, which was almost constant for a month. I almost never had nausea before. The next month I had on and off nausea, and sometimes slight stomach pain. After that, it seemed to be getting better, with bad days here and there. I do not have a history of digestion or stomach problems.

Then this morning I woke up with extreme vertigo and nausea. The room was spinning and I couldn't stand up for a while. I had vertigo and nausea most of the day, but it gradually improved, although I still feel it now.

I decided to check online to see if vertigo and nausea are typical symptoms of covid vaccines. I found this website which has many hundreds of personal reports of the same kind of thing.

https://vestibular.org/forum/dizzine...fects/paged/1/

I mentioned this to two friends today, and each of them racked their brains to think of any possible explanation aside from the vaccine. Was it something I ate? Did I get drunk the night before? Could there be carbon monoxide leaking into my apartment? Could it be old age? A genetic defect? A rare tropical disease (no I have not been to any tropical places). Maybe a brain tumor? I mean, ANYTHING AT ALL they could imagine that would not suspect the vaccine.

They could not accept that maybe the medical authorities are exaggerating the safety, because they don't want the public to be afraid of the vaccines.

Are all these people lying or delusional?

Old 08-24-2021, 01:14 AM

3,606 posts, read 1,657,123 times
Don't know...

My elderly mom had no side effects at all on Pfizer.

Brother had no side effects on Moderna.

I had one day of mild side effects (sore arm, tired, small headache, and low grade fever (99.8) after second Moderna shot...was fine the next day.

Have had vertigo though on and off for many years (probably due to my surfers ear (exostosis) in both ears (earplugs mandatory when in water now to avoid the drill)...not related to vaccines at all...

Old 08-24-2021, 05:48 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,217,972 times
Sometimes your ear crystals get misplaced. They can be coaxed back into place with a specific sequence of head movements that you can find with Google. That's of course if that is what caused the vertigo. My wife bumped her head and woke up the next day with vertigo. A relative who is a doctor recommended trying the head movements and it worked.

Old 08-24-2021, 05:55 AM

5,710 posts, read 4,284,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post

I decided to check online to see if vertigo and nausea are typical symptoms of covid vaccines. I found this website which has many hundreds of personal reports of the same kind of thing.

Are all these people lying or delusional?

That's a site for people with vestibular problems, which can cause dizziness and vertigo. Some of them joined the site and/or had problems long before vaccines were available.

I'm not going to read all 469 pages but they are all seem to be reporting different things at different times for different durations from different vaccines, which suggests causes other than the vaccines. Its unfiltered like VAERS, none of it has been verified or analyzed for other possible causes. Temporary dizziness and nausea are known side effects.

In short, no the people aren't lying or delusional but you can't determine causation from anonymous internet posts. Long-term dizziness like yours is probably a sign of some underlying condition.

Old 08-24-2021, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
Sometimes your ear crystals get misplaced. They can be coaxed back into place with a specific sequence of head movements that you can find with Google. That's of course if that is what caused the vertigo. My wife bumped her head and woke up the next day with vertigo. A relative who is a doctor recommended trying the head movements and it worked.
That doesn't explain the extreme nausea, which I never had before I got the vaccine.

Old 08-24-2021, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
That's a site for people with vestibular problems, which can cause dizziness and vertigo. Some of them joined the site and/or had problems long before vaccines were available.

I'm not going to read all 469 pages but they are all seem to be reporting different things at different times for different durations from different vaccines, which suggests causes other than the vaccines. Its unfiltered like VAERS, none of it has been verified or analyzed for other possible causes. Temporary dizziness and nausea are known side effects.

In short, no the people aren't lying or delusional but you can't determine causation from anonymous internet posts. Long-term dizziness like yours is probably a sign of some underlying condition.
There was NO UNDERLYING CONDITION before the vaccine!! After the vaccine, I had nausea for a month, constantly, and off and on ever since!!

Old 08-24-2021, 06:43 AM

So the only reliable source for information about covid vaccine side effects is the CDC and official medical authorities? They must be telling the whole truth. There is no censorship of medical professionals who don't agree. There is no propaganda campaign to reassure everyone the vaccines are safe. I must have been dreaming when I heard about all that.

Old 08-24-2021, 06:55 AM

3,711 posts, read 2,696,101 times
You need to report your injury to the VAERS database. Most don't. Not sure it will do anything. Or contact an attorney. So sorry for what happened.

Old 08-24-2021, 06:58 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
All I can tell you is that I had the Pfizer vaccines and had only mild side effects that were gone shortly afterward, never to return.

It's been about six months and I'm still fine as frog's hair. The day after the second vaccine I had a low grade fever for about seven hours and that was it. I wallowed around the sofa in my jammies, which was actually pretty nice, and binge watched something or other. Then it lifted and I felt 100 percent fine.

Old 08-24-2021, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
All I can tell you is that I had the Pfizer vaccines and had only mild side effects that were gone shortly afterward, never to return.

It's been about six months and I'm still fine as frog's hair. The day after the second vaccine I had a low grade fever for about seven hours and that was it. I wallowed around the sofa in my jammies, which was actually pretty nice, and binge watched something or other. Then it lifted and I felt 100 percent fine.
So because you didn't have bad side effects, that means I can't possibly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness