Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2021, 07:16 AM

5,658 posts, read 4,197,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rom623 View Post
There is a trade off, IF I was going to take a jab, I would certainly choose Pfizer over Moderna. Especially if under 30 - Link

Of course, as a devout anti-vaxxer you would choose not to get any jab even though your own link says
It's important to note that research shows the heart inflammation symptom is far more common with the virus than it has been with the vaccine, again, particularly in men and boys under 30.

Meanwhile on the front of ivermectin poisoning

https://www.lcsun-news.com/story/new...nt/8281925002/
Consistent with a national trend, the New Mexico Poison and Drug Information Center at the University of New Mexico has seen a threefold increase in calls involving the drug ivermectin over last year. With over three months to go, the center has received 16 reports of suspected ivermectin poisoning in 2021, compared to five in 2020.
Moreover, half of those calls came in since August: six that month and two so far in September, according to a UNM spokesperson.
Last Wednesday, acting state Health Secretary Dr. David Scrase said physicians were working on confirming a suspected fatal poisoning from ivermectin while another suspected case was receiving intensive care at an undisclosed hospital.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2021, 09:02 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,618,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
I would listen to the doctor since he knows your condition and medical issues. They all produce the same immune system responses. You could get a second opinion on the autoimmune disorder. You could ask if a single dose of the 2-dose Pfizer vaccine would be safe. It's supposed to prevent severe disease.
Moderna has proven more successful against CoVid…more lasting resistance as well from what I read
And I don’t think you can state the “all produce the same immune system response”.
Everyone’s response is individual
Some people have a stronger, more beneficial, immune response than others

We had the Pfizer (both over 70) and had minimal reactions…still no CoVid breakthroughs but our 2nd shoe wasn’t until April.
If we get a booster I would opt for Moderna if had a choice

Old 09-13-2021, 10:36 AM

1,967 posts, read 1,086,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
Of course, as a devout anti-vaxxer you would choose not to get any jab even though your own link says
It's important to note that research shows the heart inflammation symptom is far more common with the virus than it has been with the vaccine, again, particularly in men and boys under 30.
No reference of data though? - link1, link2

Quote:
Meanwhile on the front of ivermectin poisoning
I would recommend people take it under the supervision of a physician - link

Old 09-13-2021, 10:51 AM

3,415 posts, read 1,806,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy0811 View Post
Hello All,

Those of you who have had the JNJ covid vaccine, what was your experience? Any breakthrough covid infections? I have autoimmune issues and elevated Epstein Barr titers, & other viral titers but am not "sick". So far My Dr has recommended I NOT take any of the covid vaccines but wondered if the JNJ could work for me since its not a mRNA type like the Moderna & Pfizer's vaccines. The big concern is reactivation of viruses, etc that could cause illness and not be able to work.

Thank you!
That's the one I got, and my life has continued on.

Thanks!

Old 09-13-2021, 10:55 AM

5,658 posts, read 4,197,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rom623 View Post
No reference of data though? - link1, link2

I would recommend people take it under the supervision of a physician - link

Well, whats a person to do when they can't find one of the whopping 5 doctors per state willing to prescribe it? Head on down to Freddy's Feed Bin. I wonder how many people have poisoned themselves because of you?

Old 09-13-2021, 10:55 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,246,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Moderna has proven more successful against CoVid…more lasting resistance as well from what I read
And I don’t think you can state the “all produce the same immune system response”.
Everyone’s response is individual
Some people have a stronger, more beneficial, immune response than others

We had the Pfizer (both over 70) and had minimal reactions…still no CoVid breakthroughs but our 2nd shoe wasn’t until April.
If we get a booster I would opt for Moderna if had a choice
I suppose it might evolve but I don't think they are advising people to switch to a different vaccine for their booster (just like you didn't switch from your first vaccine to something different for your 2nd).

Old 09-13-2021, 11:06 AM

1,967 posts, read 1,086,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
Well, whats a person to do when they can't find one of the whopping 5 doctors per state willing to prescribe it? Head on down to Freddy's Feed Bin. I wonder how many people have poisoned themselves because of you?
Dont need to find them, if you check out the links, for example

MULTIPLE STATES (Telemedicine)
Dr. Miguel Antonatos (855) 767-8559 https://text2md.com

(States: AL, AZ, CO, FL, GA, GU, IA, ID, IL, KS, KY, MD, ME, MI, MN, MS, ND, NE, NJ, NV, NY, OK, SC, SD, TN, UT, VT, WA, WI, WV)

Old 09-13-2021, 11:13 AM

198 posts, read 100,174 times
Got the shot in April. Had a bit of a migraine and mild arm soreness. Felt fine the next day and haven't had any issues since. No COVID, but I haven't been tested either.

Old 09-13-2021, 11:31 AM

6,348 posts, read 4,099,349 times
You can speak to the worlds most knowledgeable doctors and they would have no way of knowing how anyone’s particular body will react to the vaccine, regardless of which one you decide to take. It’s the same with most all drugs and pharmaceutical products, there is a percentage of people who experience major health problems or even death, so doctors rate the success of the drug by percentages of acceptance.

My wife’s system has trouble with almost all prescription drugs and she had serious pain and discomfort for the better part of a week after getting the J&J vaccine. It’s basically Russian Roulette IMO❗️

Old 09-13-2021, 11:42 AM

3,499 posts, read 1,719,164 times
A medical worker I know refuses to take any vaccines because her sister got severe hand and harm swelling from J&J. J&J is the one taken off the market for awhile due to blood clot issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness